We've been having a discussion in the "delete on handheld" thread about the legacy BBOS ability to delete email on the handheld only, leaving it on the server. I understand that this is not possible if the handheld and server inboxes are to be truly in sync. So I propose an alternative for BB10 that would actually be better, while preserving what BB users liked about the "delete on handheld" option.

There should be an option to hide emails in the inbox, perhaps with a left-swipe gesture (right-swipe to delete). Hiding an email would not delete it from the handheld or the server; it wouldn't affect the server in any way. It would simply no longer be visible in the inbox on the handheld, as if deleted. There would also be, in the main email menu, a "show all email" option that would reveal all the mail, so these emails could be recovered if needed. If a hidden email were to be deleted from the server, it would be deleted from the handheld as well, even while hidden.

The inbox mail count might look something like this: 15/200/(32), meaning 15 unread, 200 total in inbox, 32 hidden. The 200 would include hidden emails.
    Mr_F and EsJayDee like this.
    03-12-13 07:40 AM
    Pictures - Auto create folders by some logical naming convention, perhaps by mmyyyy when saving photos on the SD card.

Allow users to set as default, the SD card for all photos, music and videos.

Posted via CB10
    slparry, bbbruva and EsJayDee like this.
    03-12-13 08:27 AM
    Excited to have discovered the unit converter in the pull down menu of the Calculator. Thank god for Crackberry forum.

Some meaningful additions would be great. Converting US measurements of cups, tbs, tsp to grams. It would be different conversion units for different items but a list of the general ingredients when using for cooking would be so swell.

Cup to Gram Conversions Article - Allrecipes.com
    03-12-13 09:31 AM
    I'd like an email icon on the home screen. There is one for text messages, phone and facebook but not emails.
    len5 likes this.
    03-12-13 04:30 PM
    WORD-WRAP (fit to screen) within email and browser.Pain in the a$$ now scrolling all over the place. Impossible to enlarge fonts and fit on screen. ANNOYING!!
    Adding to this: I know it's a lot more than a "tweak" but the OS7 browser has this right. The user sets a default browser font size and double-tap zooms to that size and reflows the text. Reader mode is not as good, based on my experience with the PlayBook.

Always remember the ways in which human beings interact with the device, with eyes, ears, and hands. From what I read here, the keyboard (hands) is excellent; the sound quality (ears) is very good; but the eyes need to be pampered too.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-12-13 06:10 PM
    - The cinnamon toast notifications,
    - a button at the button of the lock screen like the camera but to get to the HUB,
    - custom notifications, keyboard shortcuts on home screen,
    - swipe edge left/right while in app to change apps,
    - swipe down from right corner to get to settings from anywhere like the pb,
    - tap the time and have a mini calendar pop up like the pb
    - landscape homescreen
    Mr_F, EsJayDee and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-12-13 06:26 PM
    We've been having a discussion in the "delete on handheld" thread about the legacy BBOS ability to delete email on the handheld only, leaving it on the server. I understand that this is not possible if the handheld and server inboxes are to be truly in sync. So I propose an alternative for BB10 that would actually be better, while preserving what BB users liked about the "delete on handheld" option.

There should be an option to hide emails in the inbox, perhaps with a left-swipe gesture (right-swipe to delete). Hiding an email would not delete it from the handheld or the server; it wouldn't affect the server in any way. It would simply no longer be visible in the inbox on the handheld, as if deleted. There would also be, in the main email menu, a "show all email" option that would reveal all the mail, so these emails could be recovered if needed. If a hidden email were to be deleted from the server, it would be deleted from the handheld as well, even while hidden.

The inbox mail count might look something like this: 15/200/(32), meaning 15 unread, 200 total in inbox, 32 hidden. The 200 would include hidden emails.
    The one thing most people don't understand is that having a bes server was a huge feature. It optimized Microsoft Exchange email in ways Microsoft did not care to do.

It all comes down to cost. Pple want the cheapest deals and too much money meant moving to activesync which is FREE. Blackberry was forced to change to Activesync keeping the bes server only for management across all platforms and keeping security(triple des). Using activesync, all these optimizations in mail are now gone! So to ask blackberry to change how mail should work is obsurd!

Ask Microsoft for that and thank the people who wanted to switch to apple and android.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-12-13 11:42 PM
    I want Facebook fixed so it can sort by recent stories. because it seams to default to top stories regardless of what my browser is set to.

Posted via CB10
    have you tried opening

m.facebook.com

with your phone browser? Top right corner is a sort button?
    03-13-13 06:13 AM
    When BBMing someone, need the call option in the menu, very convenient...to me it's a must have. I don't mean bbm voice

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and ezapper2 like this.
    03-13-13 06:18 AM
    Oh I forgot...need a choice to vibrate more than one short vibration...the one option now is just not good enough....

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-13-13 06:29 AM
    Oh I forgot...need a choice to vibrate more than one short vibration...the one option now is just not good enough....

Posted via CB10
    Definitely, it will vibrate when someone rings you until that person hangs up or it goes to voicemail etc but for messages, bbms etc etc it will only vibrate the once, which is just not good enough Blackberry. Hopefully in a future update that will be fixed and the profile options will be back in the OS.

Another thing id like to see and i dont know if its been mentioned but the option to add speed dials from your contacts app. At the moment, the only way to add a speed dial as far as i can see is by dialling a number, ending the call then being able to add that contact to your speed dial. But id like to see that being added back into a future update.
    03-13-13 08:07 AM
    need more stable browser ^^
    03-13-13 08:45 AM
    Battery percentage without have to use apps n settings!!!!

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-13-13 08:49 AM
    I would like to see an option to "insert" and "hide" within the spreadsheet docs-to-go app.
    03-13-13 02:01 PM
    Ok just found another thing that needs to be changed. I do not have last names for all of my contacts and some I don't need. The BlackBerry contacts needs to allow you to just have a first name instead of duplicating that name in both first and last name columns.

Home should be acceptable.. don't need to see Home Home.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-13-13 05:37 PM
    So I got my Z10 a month ago and I knew there was a price to pay for being an early adopter. After suffering, like most, syncing with Link or trying to move my data from my old blackberry (9780) to my Z10, I finally settled into the thought that all frustrating glitches will get ironed out with upcoming firmware updates and that eventually, Blackberry Link will work like it should (even on a mac). This was a small price to pay for having this amazing phone.
    It's 2 firmware updates and one month later and I'm realizing that the price I'm paying is bigger than I first assumed. The more I used the phone, the more the UI just felt extremely counter-intuitive. I got exposed to options that I no longer had and 'compound glitches' that appear only when I did things in a certain order.

Here are some of my unfortunate discoveries/frustrations:

The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message.
    No Delete button in the dialpad during a call.
    You cannot send an SMS from contacts directly.
    You cannot edit a contact directly from the dialed list or contacts tab.
    No quick way to get the bottom or top of a list (like 't' and 'b').
    Remember doesn't have an alarm.
    Text selection is a b!@($*. If you tap anywhere inside the selection circle it just moves the cursor one character in the direction of the tap.
    Backspace continues to erase forwards as soon as it's done erasing backwards.
    Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing.
    No visual signifier for refreshing.
    No option to SMS a number directly from received calls or hub if it is not in the contact list.
    No option to paste a number in the dial-pad.
    Keypad does not push up the options, it hides them.
    BBM does not recognize phone numbers.
    No customizable dock.

I assumed, when I first got the Z10 that I would have a hard time going back to my old blackberry. Sadly, to date I still find the 9780 has a more intuitive user inter-face.
    03-14-13 03:50 AM
    I posted this on the Z10 thread, but there's no sticky there to capture suggestions and someone suggested I post these here:

1. No USB sync - need Memos as well as Calendar and Addresses - or some other way to import and back up memos to PC

2. Need to be able to search Memos from inside the Remember app

3. Data delays - Twitter, Facebook and BB World often hang then crash, rather than open, despite APN fixes by Vodafone tech. Even when they eventually open, they can take 10s of seconds to get there - Torch was instantaneous*

4. Notification bugs - telling me there are BB World updates when there are none, voicemail and missed call notifications refusing to disappear

5. Text editing - from the first letter onwards

6. Text sending delays - not a biggie however

7. Calendar delays - I enter a calendar item and it can take over a minute of greyed-out processing to record it (see video below)

8. Flicking words accuracy - often it picks the space bar word I'm trying to avoid. I gave up trying to write 'if/when' yesterday after 5 attempts

9. Cursor disappearance - Sometimes you can only see the first few lines of what you've typed and the cursor has disappeared so you can't actually see the live writing

10. Pic attachment sizing - no option to reduce the size of the attachment in email, whereas the default used to be a small snapshot, saving you and recipient precious data.

11. Music sync - no ability to import playlists, so you have to trawl your entire music collection for tracks to import

12. Notification volume - I need the phone ringer loud, so I can hear it when out of the room, in my pocket, outdoors etc. Doesn't mean I want to be deafened by email and text notifications though. Please can we go back to changing them individually?

* as demonstrated here:

Last edited by Bartleby001; 03-14-13 at 10:46 AM.
    03-14-13 04:48 AM
    and here's the calendar posting delay - almost 2 minutes:

03-14-13 05:35 AM
    I would like to see an option in the GMail sync settings to display at least 30 days of data when using the standard setup (IMAP). The MS Active Sync has that option, but it cannot be used for 99% of the new GMail users because of Microsofts dropping support for non apps paying GMail clients and "new" devices. Thanks
    03-14-13 05:56 AM
    I dont know if anyone else hates this as much as me, espeically being an iPhone user and former blackberry lover, I was excited to try the new Z10

Overall its ok, clean and refined, but its lost some of its blackberry features, the ring tones and notifcation tones, want them back !!

My biggest beef is this keyboard !!!!!!! its highly frusterting to me, iphone has it licked !!!
    Blackberry is trying and I like it to an extent.
    Maybe I am using it wrong, and if I am Please tell me.
    When your typing and using short cuts, like for me .... between comments, it ALWAYS puts a NO right afterwards, now I got it to go away by taking out the auto correct, but I like autocorrect to a degree. If I make a mistake and would like to put my cursor in the middle of the word to backspace and fix it....the new keypad feautre is, when you tap it puts the keyboard down and then you try and tap again and it put ths keyboard back up, and that little dam circle its very hard to use !!!!!! its really hard to put your cursor back at the end of your sentence, becaus the emotocons icon is there and its hit to easily while trying to put my dam cursor at the end !!!
    So between the keyboard moving up and down and up and down every time you try to get your cursor where you want it, makes me want to smash my phone !!AWWWWWW. I also hate when I am trying to fix a word that has the red line the side copy etc hub keeps popping out as well....again totally frusterating
    iphone.... is soooooooo easy to use that way when your typing something long and have to move your cursor around to fix things....!!!!! I want my BB to do this, tap fixed, tap fixed, but instead I get, tap.... keyboard pops down, pops up and tap, emotocons pop up and down and the side hub pops in and out, and I am only trying to put my cursor on different parts of the screen
    I text and email "A LOT" from my phone and find my self using my iphone more to do it...
    Does anyone else have this issue ???? Sorry about spelling mistakes
    Last edited by MissCynthia; 03-14-13 at 02:15 PM.
    03-14-13 12:56 PM
    Biggest thing I want is notification settings improvements. Separate BBM and BBM Group notifications, make group image comments a BBM group notification instead of a BBM 'update'. Maybe bring built-in LED colour settings.
    EsJayDee and len5 like this.
    03-14-13 01:52 PM
    word wrap text in email, messages and web pages
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-15-13 01:43 PM
    Fix the arabic keyboard! In english it works just fine, but in arabic it lags and delays after the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:04 PM
    I'd like to see an option to go to the main hub as part of the hub peek gesture. It would be nice if when you swipe up and to the right you could do a quick up/down motion that would take you back to the main hub. Basically an additional motion while in the e peek gesture to serve as a ">back" function. Up/down once takes you back a layer, up/down twice to reset to the main hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:19 PM
    Allow for lock screen and night time mode directly from active mode.

For example, if I want to lock my screen or pull the curtain down for night time mode, I have to click on the top button to activate the lock screen, then swipe partly from the bottom to see the lock screen, and then pull the curtain down for night time. I would like to have the ability to simply tap somewhere to activate lock screen or night time without having to push on the physical power button on top - similar to what I can already do on the PlayBook when I want Standby, pull down menu from top and select standby...need this in Z10. Never mind, the feature was there but I didn't figure it out till now. Thanks BB.

Edit/Addition: Allow for user to organise how accounts are listed in the Hub menu (very last screen in Hub that lists all accounts). I want to be able to move, for example email account A towards top and account B to bottom, etc).
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 03-29-13 at 03:35 PM.
    03-16-13 04:14 PM
1,485 ... 1112131415 ...