04-28-17 12:44 AM
1,485 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Not sure if it's already been posted, but

When watching a video, and changing the volume, the black box that pops up should be transparent/opaque whatever. I'd also like to be able to change the volume using the touch screen and not limited to the physical keys.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee, elGuapoTorres and Mr_F like this.
    03-07-13 01:54 AM
    It would be very helpful if it was possible to select a custom colour of the email envelope icon in the Hub for each email account . Would make the "Compact Sidebar" even better!
    EsJayDee, elGuapoTorres and Mr_F like this.
    03-07-13 02:26 PM
    Not sure if it is already been mentioned but:

when opening an app, why does the phone first goes back to the active frame, rather than open it directly? I think it would be better if this "useless" step wouldn't exist.

when browsing, swipe left and swipe right with one finger for moving backwards and forwards would be great!

Edit:
    e.g. for the file manager, having the option to change the default view (i prefer to have a list) would make it better!

Edit 2:
    better view of music files / simple list preferred as well.
    Last edited by Arne15; 03-08-13 at 10:30 AM.
    03-08-13 03:45 AM
    - Equalizer for music files
    - Ability to adjust volume when streaming bluetooth via the phone instead of the playback device
    - Have it so that if I delete a contact's phone number, it stays gone even if it's on their facebook profile
    03-08-13 07:29 AM
    I don't know if this is a bug or a feature:

I have a number of contacts that I have synced from Facebook/ LinkedIn, but when I try to change the name to a custom name, it always reverts back to the Facebook name.

Posted via CB10
    What I have done is I have linked those contacts to a sim or contact name that isn't pulling from the fb/linked in.. what I find is if the main contact is using fb/linked in/twitter as a sub link instead of as the main contact then you should be able to change it without it reverting back.
    03-08-13 12:49 PM
    I would like to see BlackBerry Balance become an option for everyone. I have several small businesses I run, or am involved with. Going with a BES for just my own usage doesn't make sense, but I would like to separate my business work and personal

Posted via CB10
    deltact, EsJayDee and d3rd like this.
    03-08-13 01:05 PM
    I don't even have a BB10 phone yet, but I already know that the ability to resize photos before sending them by email should be in the OS. It took a while for this feature to make it into BBOS but it eventually got there.
    pandapurple and EsJayDee like this.
    03-08-13 01:56 PM
    How about being able to specify/limit what bluetooth features are enabled on each device/connection. IE: car stereo only gets audio while the earpiece gets or keeps phone.

This works in BB OSs previous to BB10 and stops the car stereo from stealing phone audio.

Posted via CB10
    d3rd likes this.
    03-08-13 04:50 PM
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_00000012.png
    Had this issue when i first got my Z10.. havent had it since

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:56 PM
    I want Facebook fixed so it can sort by recent stories. because it seams to default to top stories regardless of what my browser is set to.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:58 PM
    Swipe down settings menu should have similar toggle to BB7 - make direct access to:

Mobile Network
    Wifi
    Wifi Hotspot
    Bluetooth

And make them real toggles. If you do not want to take the delfault in these - then you can go further into the options.
    jasonvan9 and R Field like this.
    03-09-13 06:41 AM
    I would like to see the return of low battery level of 5% turning off all radio connections so i can still gather information before it actually dies... having it just go black an actually die with no warning other than 20% and 10% indicators is not a good solution

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong, EsJayDee and Mr_F like this.
    03-09-13 10:55 AM
    A small but useful refinement in the Contacts would be to implementing the same scrolling behavior as JellyBean 4.2.2 on the right hand alpha scroll. In android as you scroll the list jumps to the selected letter group and then scrolls quickly through the list of contacts within that letter group before going to the next alphabetical grouping. Currently .85 just jumps from the front end of a letter group to the next alphabetical grouping, same as ios6.1.2.

For users with large amounts of contacts the ability to quickly browse a grouping as an alternative to using the search function is much more intuitive, especially when doing stuff on the run where stopping to type a search is not always useful or possible. My contacts has almost 3,000 entries and this level of functionality as implemented in android is far better. Otherwise the Contacts app in os10 is far superior to android or ios at this point.

A more obvious but valuable tweak would be to use first/last name for Favorites tiles in Contacts, again nicer in JB4.2.2 than BBos10. The Favorites function otherwise is better implemented on the blackberry with sensible photo and tile sizing, having as a default on the top, . It would be cool if people you contact regularly but might not want to mark as favorites would be grouped in a frequently contacted category just under Favorites (like JB4.2.2) it could roll off based upon the last 30 days behavior.

A super small tweak would be a long hold on an individual contact field in a record would allow you to switch to edit mode rather than clicking on the edit icon.
    03-09-13 11:18 AM
    An email tweak i think would be useful is when viewing incoming email the default behavior of showing the sender on top and the subject line next is fine if you are the ONLY recipient, if there are other people in the To: or CC; fields at a minimum you should see an indication of other users being on the message or maybe better the default action should be to show the other recipients of the message. This is handled extremely well in BBos7 and earlier by the simple an intuitive scroll up. in BBos10 if there was simply an indicator that other people are on the message a "pull down" to display rather than tap on the"down carrot" would be a really nice enhancement.

I think the message headers are over simplified in BBos10 at least at 0.85, again JellyBean 4.2.2, and i believe earlier, handles this in a better way by assuring all of the relevant information is displayed. I also prefer the 4.2.2 method of toggling between the message and attachments but this is so subtle a difference it is one of taste rather than functionality.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-09-13 11:35 AM
    Allow for creation of albums or ability to categorize pictures in Picture app.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-09-13 09:38 PM
    There are NO options using the 'search' feature on the home screen. Quite simply I do not want people seeing my search history! It's very basic in terms of options although I must praise the universal search, it's brilliant. However as it stands I cannot use it!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    03-10-13 10:07 AM
    1. bring back the profile customization! i love that and i'd love to have that to be present again in the next OS update
    2. bring back the option to switch off/on the BBM's recent update! man.. for some reason i have a suspicion this little thing sucks the battery!
    3. where is the voice note recorder app? i can't find it on my z10. come BBRY, bring that in!
    4. on the call app, bring the option to be able to do voice recording!
    5. allow push notifications to work in the background for 3rd party apps, rather than having to let them open on the active frame
    6. data usage monitor please.. with the ability to monitor the data consumption of each app which connects to the internet and to have the ability to terminate the connection whenever we have almost reached the data cap limit
    7. improve the MAPS app, make it more interactive in 3D, BBRY you can do that!
    8. in the music player app, i'd love to see the equalizer/surround option.
    9. in the contacts app, simplify the contacts linking by having the "search" bar to always be on the top of the screen when we need to link a contact entry, rather than tapping "link" then tap "search" everytime, such a waste of energy!
    10. and the last bit.. TWEAK THE BOOT UP TIME! 1 minute is good, but less than 30 seconds will be a WOW!

keep moving BBRY!
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-10-13 05:34 PM
    Would like Crackberry to amalgamate such threads into a master one and make it into a sticky.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:44 PM
    Ability to archive Gmail. Better integration between email and remember, be able to make reminders directly connected to an email instead of flagging then going into remember to make changes.

Posted on my Z10..... while on the can
    03-10-13 05:45 PM
    Option to set few different alarm times.
    Unbelievable its not available in BB10

10 years Nokia had that
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-10-13 07:31 PM
    Would like a shift-select function to delete items. In addition to tapping item by item. Perhaps 2 finger operation.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:36 PM
    Making the file manager default to an "rm -rf" behaviour when deleting directories, rather than just "rm".

I put music (/music/artist/album/song.mp3) on my device memory, and then got an SD card and moved the music over to the sd card. I tried to delete the folders in the device memory, but I couldn't delete any of the folders because they weren't empty. The only way to do it from the phone would be to go into every directory and delete the music files individually, then delete the album folder, then the artist folder. That would take forever.

Luckily, I just mounted the phone as a usb drive and deleted the folders from my desktop.
    03-10-13 09:15 PM
    Would be great if more of us tweeted/emailed/posted this thread on Blackberry support forums so it gets more exposure and hopefully leads to implementation. Make it happen Crackberry.

Vivek Bhardwaj @vik_1on1
    Alex Kinsella ‏ @alexkinsella
    @Blackberry
    @BlackBerryDev
    @BlackBerryBlog
    @BlackBerryHelp
    Alec Saunders ‏ @asaunders
    Blackberry Z10 support forums
    BlackBerry OS 10 support forums

Tell them what changes you want and link this thread.
    03-11-13 03:12 AM
    Fix video chat inconsistency. Seems like some phones show this option but others do not.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-11-13 07:47 AM
    Please bring back Task and Alarm for the calendar. Particularly for Alarm. When I used to put my BB Bold 9900 on silent mode (to avoid the phone calls + message alerts, and but need to set adhoc alarm timings, the alarm will still sound. These isn't this feature for the calendar now. Please bring it back.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-11-13 07:52 AM
1,485 ... 1011121314 ...