i'd like to see the following notifications-related changes:

1. calendar event notifications/reminders should pop-up discreetly like the email/SMS notifications at the top and not as a modal dialog that interrupts what you're doing. but it should stay there until you dismiss it rather than timing out and fading. it should give you an X button and a tap on the main body will bring up the current dialog with "view event", "snooze" and "dismiss". X will dismiss.
    2. i'd like to be able to adjust the snooze time of a calendar reminder (not a clock alarm). often it's a reminder to myself to do some task and i want to say "now now!", but only have the choice of a 5 minute snooze or going in and editing the event. i'd like to have a drop-down next to the snooze button with 5mins, 10mins, 15mins, 30mins, 1hr, 2hrs for e.g.
    3. i don't want any notifications to interrupt what i'm doing, including wifi hotspot "do you want to log in?" notifications. i know i can switch them off but then i have to peek into the hub to see what the red light is for. i'd like an unobtrusive notification at the top of the screen (like email), that fades away. tapping takes you to the log-in dialog.
    4. i'd like alarm sounds to have a configurable ramp-up in volume (choose min/max volume and ramp-up duration), to wake me up gently
    11-20-13 09:18 AM
    i'd like to see the following notifications-related changes:

1. calendar event notifications/reminders should pop-up discreetly like the email/SMS notifications at the top and not as a modal dialog that interrupts what you're doing. but it should stay there until you dismiss it rather than timing out and fading. it should give you an X button and a tap on the main body will bring up the current dialog with "view event", "snooze" and "dismiss". X will dismiss.
    2. i'd like to be able to adjust the snooze time of a calendar reminder (not a clock alarm). often it's a reminder to myself to do some task and i want to say "now now!", but only have the choice of a 5 minute snooze or going in and editing the event. i'd like to have a drop-down next to the snooze button with 5mins, 10mins, 15mins, 30mins, 1hr, 2hrs for e.g.
    3. i don't want any notifications to interrupt what i'm doing, including wifi hotspot "do you want to log in?" notifications. i know i can switch them off but then i have to peek into the hub to see what the red light is for. i'd like an unobtrusive notification at the top of the screen (like email), that fades away. tapping takes you to the log-in dialog.
    4. i'd like alarm sounds to have a configurable ramp-up in volume (choose min/max volume and ramp-up duration), to wake me up gently
    The standard alarm already does this... It's called sunrise.. But I understand what you mean.. you want to manually set the start and ending volume... this would be a nice addition...

From the Z...
    11-20-13 09:40 AM
    -Easier to copy and paste contacts/ details from the contact book.
    -able choose a prefix /calling card to call out for international call/ or skype out. Since we have different budget calls or calling card for abroad.
    -in the log call instead of tap to call out . swipe left to do something swipe right to do something else and long press for more menu ie skype call out .
    -autoSave Text messages to archive.
    - Implement actionable email = mailbox for iphone, dispatch for iphone

Native google maps, skype, viber , kaokao.

The blackberry Link wireless is a huge battery resource hog .
    11-20-13 11:05 PM
    Freaking need event recognition. If an email says let's meet next Monday,or any day date or time in the body it should link with calendar and allow you to set the appointment

Posted via CB10
    LivinThing82 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:51 AM
    The return of the HDMI output only mode, so I can run one app on my TV and another on my device. Might be the only thing the Playbook does that the BB10 phones can't...
    11-22-13 05:43 PM
    I'd like to see they keyboard switch between upper and lower case depending on what you're typing. Also would love to see notifications icons somewhere on the home screen as well, like on BBOS or Android.
    11-23-13 11:44 AM
    Of all tweeks.. why isn't it data mobile at shortcut settings? -_-

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-23-13 11:50 AM
    I'd like to see desktop mode toggle in the quick settings

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-24-13 12:06 PM
    Also would like to access the quick settings from the lock screen. Kinda find bedside mode from the lock screen useless now since it's in the quick settings.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-24-13 12:08 PM
    Ok folks,tell me if i'm wrong:
    (BB Q5)When i open call app from home menu i highlight a number that i have interacted with today and other days and i could not find "view history" like in my old BB 8900.Of course when i go to contacts i can find this by checking "activity" but if i want to see history with a non saved number its just show only the last call.....anyway in call app from home menu you will see only last call even with saved numbers.....
    Am i wrong?If not.....go fix this Blackberry,RIM,or whatever
    11-24-13 03:50 PM
    I would like the Flag = Star (and vice-versa) to sync between BB!0 and Gmail Apps accounts just the way it works for free Gmail accounts. Using star/flag to mark emails for followup, combined with the new pinch gesture in Hub 10.2.1, is a great method for quickly seeing what needs to be followed up.

UPDATE: After further search, this is a apparently a limitation of the Gmail accounts setup using Active Sync, not a limitation of Gmail Apps accounts in particular.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...10-2-a-858959/
    Last edited by ghgrossman; 11-25-13 at 09:20 AM.
    11-25-13 09:01 AM
    Amateur radio 'stuff'.
    11-25-13 02:15 PM
    either customizable "txt menu" in Contacts to remove unnecessary info (I will never send a txt to my sister's work fax #. Yet I have to scroll past it to get to her mobile # ) Or just program mobile #'s to the top of the contact's options when composing a txt msg. Am I the only person who rarely (never) sends txts to a landline?

Customized icon placement, so I dont block the whole screensaver photo.

Pin other functions to the bottom menu bar, or lockscreen.

I'm sure this is mentioned a million times ... battery %, time, date, radio strength - shown on top menu.
    11-25-13 09:30 PM
    either customizable "txt menu" in Contacts to remove unnecessary info (I will never send a txt to my sister's work fax #. Yet I have to scroll past it to get to her mobile # ) Or just program mobile #'s to the top of the contact's options when composing a txt msg. Am I the only person who rarely (never) sends txts to a landline?
    For some reason it seems to default to the least useful number you have saved for a specific contact..
    2cats1dog likes this.
    11-25-13 09:38 PM
    * Contacts
    Possibility to import and export contacts in vCard format or whatever
    A dedicated menu to finally see and have control over "Local Contacts"
    T9 smart dialing

* Settings
    Calling via SIP protocol built into the system
    Date monitor, I want to see how much date I'm consuming on daily basis with possibility to reset it
    Middle button in the volume rocker to mute/suppress the LED.. it's disturbing when watching videos or playing games
    More LED colors
    It would be nice if BlackBerry would offer CardDav and CalDAV services to BlackBerry users, with great comparability with contacts format BB10 uses
    Possibility to chose date and number format, and not to be bound with the region I'm currently located in

* Keyboard
    Arabic keyboard layout should be redone or re-planned because letters are too much close to each other, texting while walking or while in vehicle is a painful mission
    Classic dial pad keyboard option would be nice for people with big fingers
    Possibility to view and edit learned words by the keyboard, not delete them all

* Camera
    It's nice to see 720p video size, but smaller size or compressing option would be more appreciated.
    More shooting modes, panorama at least
    Manual control over the camera.. exposure, focus, ISO etc
    Possibility to add text layer on pictures from the gallery app
    Have file names of the pictures and videos in this format: IMG_yyyymmdd-hhmmss it's just sad that each time I loaded a new leak, that my camera started generating pictures with file names that exist in my backup

* Music player
    Where is a simple equalizer?
    Better sound and video codecs maybe
    Possibility to edit ID3 or MP3 files to organize the music library

* Security
    Possibility to password lock/hide certain applications

* Others
    It would be nice if there's more visually appealing look, themes and icons are attractive. Take a look at MIUI Android ROMs to know what I mean
    Navigation with BlackBerry maps needs a revolutionary improvement
    11-26-13 04:15 AM
    Q10 key board mode on a touch screen blackberry 10 phone. Having the option to have all the keyboard shortcuts of blackberry physical keyboard device.
    2cats1dog likes this.
    11-26-13 10:11 AM
    Ok folks,tell me if i'm wrong:
    (BB Q5)When i open call app from home menu i highlight a number that i have interacted with today and other days and i could not find "view history" like in my old BB 8900.Of course when i go to contacts i can find this by checking "activity" but if i want to see history with a non saved number its just show only the last call.....anyway in call app from home menu you will see only last call even with saved numbers.....
    Am i wrong?If not.....go fix this Blackberry,RIM,or whatever
    You're not wrong, but also not completely right... If you check multiple entries, you'll notice that some do show a history (of that day only) and some don't.. Even if the entries contain one and the same number... It's one of the very few things that make me long to the BlackBerry of old.. This is the same with the contacts not connecting properly when adding social media accounts... It definitely needs a fix.. A pretty big one might I add...

From the Z...
    11-26-13 04:43 PM
    For some reason it seems to default to the least useful number you have saved for a specific contact..
    My God..! I thought I was the only one...

From the Z...
    2cats1dog likes this.
    11-26-13 04:46 PM
    @menshawy You can already prevent the LED flashing by tapping the X on a preview message (10.2 toast notification)...

I agree with all your points.. They're all small bits and pieces, but really should've been there already..!

From the Z...
    11-26-13 05:17 PM
    Copy Contact's NAME and NUMBER when adding a caller to CONTACTS.

Someone new calls you … and after the call you select to "add to contacts". It only copies the phone number??? WTH

Nor can I copy/paste the name from either phone app nor Hub. I have to write it on a piece of paper, then switch menus, then type it in myself. I'm pretty certain my 9810 did it all, and the Curve before that.
    11-27-13 09:38 AM
    Copy Contact's NAME and NUMBER when adding a caller to CONTACTS.

Someone new calls you � and after the call you select to "add to contacts". It only copies the phone number??? WTH

Nor can I copy/paste the name from either phone app nor Hub. I have to write it on a piece of paper, then switch menus, then type it in myself. I'm pretty certain my 9810 did it all, and the Curve before that.
    I don't understand... if someone calls you and he is not in your contacts, naturally you can copy the number only because there is no name yet!?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:59 PM
    Hey, so a couple things that should be worked out and added.

* Security:
    * We should be able to have the phone lock immediately after pressing the standby button as well as have the option to, at the same time, have it lock after X amount of time after it times out by itself.
    * The emergency services button should pop up a dialpad and not a little dialog. We had several incidents where it automatically called emergency services while in pants.
    * Lock screen notifications should have the option to be hidden when the phone is password protected and shown when it is left on standby but the password isn't active. Meaning: When you don;t touch your phone and it turns the screen off but the password still didn't kick in, we can, as if we wanted to check the phone but without opening the whole phone and what not, check our message content and be able to go in the message, but when it is locked, we should not have the option to read the message, just like when it is locked. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO THIS. This feature is SUPER IMPORTANT! (Does not apply to calendar notifications)

* Multimedia:
    * When a video goes in full screen, we should have the option to set it to automatically rotate even when rotation lock is locked. Or have a button displayed to toggle it for this time only.
    * Have the option to not remember our last played track in the music app.
    * Have the media card index SAVED even on a reboot by saving a copy of the index MD5 on the card and on the device and comparing so we don't have to re-index EVERY TIME! That applies to all files!!
    * I know it's not a final OS, but the keyboard should respond as soon as we start typing (Seeing letters appear instead of having a delay).

* User Experience:
    * A user should be able to sync a Google account and have the groups that they created on the web (Google) sync into the groups category in contacts (2 ways). (10.2.1.XXXX feature). Also, I don't want to have to re-link contacts, either give us an option to go through similar names and let us choose to sync together or have it remember once and for all. Through some BB service. (I mean, you already do this through CalDav, I don't think groups is impossible to sync for contacts)
    * Contact phone number and emails and what not should allow custom categories on top of the "Home, Mobile...", for my school, I have my Computer Science department, Academic Advisor, Student Services...
    * Google Chrome history and bookmarks sync (if possible to be added to the browser and easier ways to go back and forward in pages and access tabs.
    * Have an option to always bring the hub back to the top when in another app.
    * Allow to edit pictures through the File Manager Picture Viewer Invocation and not only through pictures.
    * Allow screenshots to save on media card.
    * Have a service that backs up settings for native applications and the like, that would be a killer feature.
    * Allow Quick Settings to be accessed through any app by double finger swiping or by swiping down a bit and arcing your finger sort of like this " ( " (in the shape of a half circle on the left side).
    * Allow the volume to be changed by dragging on the slider when it is shown as to not repeat a button press (or hold) several times. (and have it fade out on the fast side if it looks nicer than just disappearing (lower priority)).
    * Have a zero delay on displaying emails, texts, facebook messages. Sometimes, I spend several LONG seconds on the grey screen waiting for it to pop up or whatever.
    * Allow icons to change such as weather and what not whenever background apps (indefinite or whatever) are fully supported.
    * Allow to have multiple pages in the Quick Settings even when it doesn't reach the top, as to make it cleaner. That would be really nice, seriously.
    * Be able to toggle all the theme to dark theme in settings.

* Connectivity:
    * Wifi should reconnect when dropped (very fast) and if it becomes limited connectivity, it should try reconnecting or self diagnosing, for some unknown reason, only my BlackBerry has that problem with my WiFi, and it's relatively new gear.
    * Activating airplane mode should lock up the phone until the action is performed.
    * Other:
    * Date should be shown at all times next to the clock.
    * Battery Percentage should be shown AT ALL TIMES next to the battery icon.
    * Add usage time in Device Monitor for all apps including Display and all.

* Give us a way to install bar's straight from the phone and we're golden, oh, and change the LED colour!!!

As for a couple bugs, and I won't tire you with those because it was working fine before this OS, so it's just temporary, but music player loads slower (albums and all), native apps take longer to load, same for maps, browser fonts bug...

Also, I personally find battery life not as good on this leak.
    11-27-13 10:57 PM
    I would like to see ad hoc capability...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:33 AM
    I'd like the phone to enter/exit speakerphone mode automatically based on the proximity sensor. Take it away from my head and it goes to speakerphone mode.
    11-29-13 05:39 PM
    I don't understand... if someone calls you and he is not in your contacts, naturally you can copy the number only because there is no name yet!?

Posted via CB10
    The names show up on my call display, same as the phone number. If it can copy the number, could it not also copy the name(s) and at least shift them to the contact file. On the Torch, sometimes they would arrive jumbled (first name = last) but at least from there I can copy & paste in the right position. Or move the company name to the right spot. But at least the info is in a place where I can copy/paste … unlike the hub.

As it currently works on Z10 - I have to write it down on paper, then write it into the new contact file.
    12-02-13 01:06 PM
1,485 ... 3839404142 ...