What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-ubel.png

1. Put a Flashlight mode in the blank square on the drop down menu.

2. Allow BlackBerry World to automatically update apps.
    10-31-13 10:28 PM
    Guys! Check this concept design of BB10 OS. I think this is a great idea for the next software update.

Blackberry OS for Z10 redesign concept on Behance
    yuvaraki and anon(4067838) like this.
    11-01-13 06:25 AM
    Guys! Check this concept design of BB10 OS. I think this is a great idea for the next software update.

Nice work, very impressive. I'd download it
    11-01-13 06:45 AM

I don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:13 AM
    DLNA! please.
    11-01-13 07:31 AM
    I'm really happy with 10.2 on my Q10 and thankful for all the good work BlackBerry made with BB10. What I really think it's due in the next release is:
    - better integration with the mail systems. I've got a Gmail (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) account and a Domino/Traveler account configured. The Gmail synchronisation of contacts is being stopped on a regular basis and no matter what the sync-interval is set to, the mails deleted from BB take 20-30 minutes to be deleted on Gmail and vice-versa. With the Domino/Traveler account, I can only see mails in the "system folders" (Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Drafts, etc.), but all the other - self-created - folders are shown empty, even though they are not. What I'm also missing, is the possibility to copy emails between folders ("file" them), not only from Inbox to another folder, but also from Sent-Mail, for example. I think BB needs to make big improvements here, to bring the integration with the mail/groupware systems to at least the level of BBOS.
    - better performance for calendar : it takes around 10 seconds from the opening of the calendar app till the events are displayed. In this time, I cannot change the day, week or month - it's simply "frozen". I don't know if a sync with Google Calendar and Domino is made in this time, but this delay really bothers me if I quickly want to check the appointments.
    - shortcut for silent : at the moment, putting the phone on silent means waking it up, typing in the password, swiping down from the top, and changing the notification profile. On the vast majority of the other phones, it's just a matter of flipping a switch. Even in BBOS, you could keep "Q" pressed and the phone was put on silent. I think it's really time for an easier way in BB10!
    - shortcuts for speed-dialing, etc. : Q10 is one of the very few phones (maybe the only one!) with a keyboard, and a good one! It's definitely a usp. I think it makes sense to unleash it's full power by allowing key shortcut customizations, e.g. for speed-dialing, opening apps, changing profiles, etc.
    - bedside mode with an option for airplane-mode : I do activate airplane mode and open the Clock-App each night - I don't want my head to be radiated the whole night, especially since I don't want anyone disturbing me, or I don't want to check the newest messages middle-of-the-night.
    - better integration with the car : yes, I know, BB went the extra mile there and I'm already thankful for what they've done. But in 10.2, the option to use the BB as a modem for the car - that worked in 10.0 and 10.1 - doesn't work anymore. Mercedes has it's own browser and Apps in it's Command-Center (for example, the possibility to choose GPS-destinations from the internet), and it wants to connect to the internet via the Bluetooth-connected phone. As I said, it stopped working in 10.2.

I do love my phone and wish to work with it even faster. BlackBerry, please make the next release even faster and better for the movers&shakers, for the ppl that Keep Moving!
    Last edited by drbgd; 11-05-13 at 09:19 AM.
    11-05-13 09:04 AM
    I'm really happy with 10.2 on my Q10 and thankful for all the good work BlackBerry made with BB10. What I really think it's due in the next release is:
    - better integration with the mail systems. I've got a Gmail (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) account and a Domino/Traveler account configured. The Gmail synchronisation of contacts is being stopped on a regular basis and no matter what the sync-interval is set to, the mails deleted from BB take 20-30 minutes to be deleted on Gmail and vice-versa. With the Domino/Traveler account, I can only see mails in the "system folders" (Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Drafts, etc.), but all the other - self-created - folders are shown empty, even though they are not. I think BB needs to make big improvements here, to bring the integration with the mail/groupware systems to at least the level of BBOS.
    - better performance for calendar : it takes around 10 seconds from the opening of the calendar app till the events are displayed. In this time, I cannot change the day, week or month - it's simply "frozen". I don't know if a sync with Google Calendar and Domino is made in this time, but this delay really bothers me if I quickly want to check the appointments.
    - shortcut for silent : at the moment, putting the phone on silent means waking it up, typing in the password, swiping down from the top, and changing the notification profile. On the vast majority of the other phones, it's just a matter of flipping a switch. Even in BBOS, you could keep "Q" pressed and the phone was put on silent. I think it's really time for an easier way in BB10!
    - shortcuts for speed-dialing, etc. : Q10 is one of the very few phones (maybe the only one!) with a keyboard, and a good one! It's definitely a usp. I think it makes sense to unleash it's full power by allowing key shortcut customizations, e.g. for speed-dialing, opening apps, changing profiles, etc.

I do love my phone and wish to work with it even faster. BlackBerry, please make the next release even faster and better for the movers&shakers, for the ppl that Keep Moving!
    I'd really love customisable keyboard shortcuts too, but it's not that big of a deal for me. I believe Michael Clewley (from BlackBerry) said that they would come in OS10.2.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-05-13 09:06 AM
    you know what would be nice?

when you select DARK THEME for contacts, it would be very nice to actually get A DARK THEME, and not a mix on the two because of internal software bug for fck sake

not even that is blackberry capable of sorting out

this company has to be rebuilt from stracth, even changing the name
    11-05-13 09:20 AM
    you know what would be nice?

when you select DARK THEME for contacts, it would be very nice to actually get A DARK THEME, and not a mix on the two because of internal software bug for fck sake

not even that is blackberry capable of sorting out

this company has to be rebuilt from stracth, even changing the name
    11-05-13 09:40 AM
    What I would like to change in the next release.

Disable lock screen for certain apps.

When I use WIMP, an Android app (sideloaded) for a music streaming service in Europe (like Spotify), it shows the artist and song name like any other music player. But after lock timeout, the screen goes blank and I must login again to the BBOS to see the artist and change tracks. The same happens when I use the built-in music player. Why can't these apps, and the OS, behave like Android/IOS/WP ? When you play music, show the graphics on the lock screen and let it be possible to do Next/Play/Pause/Prev track from the lock screen and not the buttons (which is not supported by sideloaded apps).

Change the Maps application.

When Maps is the active map, why is not "lock screen timeout" disabled ? It is only disabled when you navigate, not when you just show the map. Not good, especially when the phone is mounted in the car and even connected to a charger. And why is there no "front of car is always up" mode ? All the other map apps have this.

Notification

When something happens, the LED starts blinking. The best thing for me would be if the screen also went on, and the active notification shown for 3-10 sec. Should be an option.

Just my 2 cents
    �ystein (Z10 with 10.2, from Norway)
    11-05-13 03:28 PM
    still hoping for TRUE active frame like playbook showcase mode !!
    11-06-13 11:53 AM
    Overall:
    - More optimizations for overall UI buttery smooth experience, some stock apps/UI animations are still laggy.
    - Better Android runtime supporting graphically heavy apps (heavy games). OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
    - Support for importing contacts from vcf (vcard) files

For Camera app:
    - New shooting mode for both Video/Photo capture called "Manual mode" where every setting can be adjusted (exposure, white balance, ISO, etc.) I just hate it when the white balance goes off when I'm recording outside.
    - Another shooting mode which is commonly known as "Panorama mode". Self-explanatory.
    - Better image processing, probably less saturation
    - Better video stabilization

For Videos app:
    - A fix for the video codecs, the contrast level when playing videos are relatively low, blacks are too greyish. When I sideloaded an Android video player it plays videos well but stock BB Videos app plays videos without stutters, so please fix this.

For Music app:
    - 5-band equalizer + some presets
    menshawy and FirasJabal like this.
    11-07-13 02:30 AM
    When I silence the phone by tapping on the bar, I want to also be able to immediately place the call in an active frame so as to get back to what I was doing prior to the call.
    11-07-13 09:41 PM
    Video player supporting several audio tracks would be great.
    Chapter mode would be nice, too. I got several music videos, where the songs are ordered in chapters.
    11-08-13 12:33 PM
    fm radio

allow every app to be louder or more silent within a profile as it is on Bb7.1

EQ for musaic player

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:06 AM
    - STRIPE conversation/chat style as an option instead of just the current BUBBLE chat style (BBM, SMS) - BUBBLE takes up *way* too much space
    - Smaller text in options/HUB, etc. Not sure if the current text is a graphic, but it's too large and takes up screen space - especially on the Q10
    - Option to go straight to dialpad when hitting the phone icon.
    - Option to replace the swipe up/down incoming call action to "Answer", "Dismiss", "Mute Ringer" buttons
    - Option to sort e-mail by read/unread, next unread, etc. E-mail management isn't very practical as it stands.
    - Option to have different wallpaper just for the lock screen - perhaps a "live" lock screen (weather, whatnot...)
    - Battery meter (percentage)
    - Add AUTO ON/OFF feature as in legacy OS

... add more later

Also these fine suggestions from macberry33:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9241009
    Last edited by kolok; 11-09-13 at 01:28 PM.
    11-09-13 01:17 PM
    They need blackberry to be customisable in terms of appearance
    The screen is dull
    BBM needs more options like previous devices

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:27 PM
    For increasing battery life :
    1. '2G only' in mobile networks (2G is enough for calls and mails).
    2. stop networks with the sleep mode
    devin266 likes this.
    11-10-13 10:32 AM
    Here is something I and many I work with would like brought back. Contact option for ringtones that override the profile. For example: If i am in a meeting I set my phone to silent, however if my boss calls or I get an emergency call from home i want to hear the ring or tone from them. This would also apply to messages. On the BlackBerry 9900 this was easily done in the contact settings. You could either user the Active Profile or control the volume from 10-1.

Does anyone know of an app that does this, or maybe you can mention this to BlackBerry.
    11-11-13 12:03 PM
    I'd like to see the home screen be usable in landscape mode. I'd also like to be able to use rotation lock to keep the display in landscape mode.
    11-11-13 04:08 PM
    i want in the next update just some simple things that have been forgotten and yet they are essential ..

- select all -

- equalizer -
    - flash light -
    11-11-13 04:50 PM
    Similar with airplane mode, I would like to see drive mode in the future os, which can be activated either manually or triggered by speed. When drive mode is on, the phone will auto reply sms, phone calls with predefined information.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki and wiredr like this.
    11-12-13 02:48 PM
    i want in the next update just some simple things that have been forgotten and yet they are essential ..

- select all -

- equalizer -
    - flash light -
    What do you mean 'select all'? When you long hold in a text box, the one option is select all. Flashlight was added in 10.2.1. Equalizer I'm still waiting on as well..

With the 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks that have come out, it really seems like BlackBerry are listening to customers and what they'd like changed. The latest leak fixes a lot of little things that I missed from the legacy OS (delete on handheld and/or server) or just were outright annoying (giant media notification screen that blocks everything)
    11-14-13 08:05 AM
    What do you mean 'select all'? When you long hold in a text box, the one option is select all. Flashlight was added in 10.2.1. Equalizer I'm still waiting on as well..

With the 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks that have come out, it really seems like BlackBerry are listening to customers and what they'd like changed. The latest leak fixes a lot of little things that I missed from the legacy OS (delete on handheld and/or server) or just were outright annoying (giant media notification screen that blocks everything)
    Make a screen shot.. I have Q5 SQR 100-2 with 10.2.0.424
    When I long hold a notification it shows select more..
    When is the oficial 10.2.1 coming? I hate leaks.. they always have bugs..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-14-13 08:20 AM
    Make a screen shot.. I have Q5 SQR 100-2 with 10.2.0.424
    When I long hold a notification it shows select more..
    When is the oficial 10.2.1 coming? I hate leaks.. they always have bugs..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    Where in the OS do you want the 'select all' option? I thought you meant in text dialog boxes, like a text message, email, etc..for in the hub or file manager, then there is no 'select all' option.

Who knows when the official is coming, aside from a wonky music player (just sideload a different .bar), this is pretty bug free, and the new features are worth any random issues (which I haven't encountered yet). So far the os leaks for BB10 have been far more stable than most we used to get for legacy BlackBerry devices. And just because it's an official release doesn't mean it's free of bugs...
    11-14-13 10:17 PM
1,485 ... 3637383940 ...