Don't know if it's a Z10 or link thing. but I just want album artwork for my music haha

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    06-29-13 02:47 PM
    Don't know if it's a Z10 or link thing. but I just want album artwork for my music haha

Posted via CB10
    its probably your music files. you need to add album art to the tag.

I want the brower to close all tabs when I close out of it (remove it from active frames).

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-13 01:47 PM
    I am in the medical professional, when I received a medical PDF I would open the PDF and select view text and it would remove the formatting and give you text only. Made reading the PDF a dream. While the ip5 users would pinch and zoom. The iP5 users would keep that 9900 for that feature alone. Today the Z10 has adobe reader with text Flow which is okay if it had more then two fonts it would be really excellent. I believe that's an Adobe issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:55 PM
    In the BlackBerry Hub, in any of the Mail account,have the ability to select all not just to tab to select.
    07-01-13 01:14 AM
    BB video doesn't play .flv file. I bought a flash player app to play it. BB should be smart enough to associate this file with my app. Therefore, it should automatically launch this app and play the video when I double click on .flv file
    07-01-13 01:33 AM
    Post your ideas here (maybe someone from BB will read it )

I would like the Hub to default back to the main Hub and not last message read (or not the last folder you were in)
    Yes! This is a huge problem for both newbies and power users. The present system causes the user to get bogged down in the under-levels of the Hub. When I swipe to the Hub I want the Hub, not some random last activity I happened to abandon.
    07-01-13 10:39 AM
    BB10 is a new OS and it’s going to have shortcomings. But the landing strip here is very short, and the opportunity may already have passed. My experience with BB10: It’s exceptionally powerful, but has many faults that need to be corrected quickly. Blackberry needs to be the undisputed smashing champion of OS efficiency for messaging, contact management, calendar and memo/random info/task management. Make this happen and all other shortcomings will be forgiven. BB10 is within striking distance of this goal, but a full-court press is necessary to iron out the many kinks and limitations in BB10.1. My hope is the BB10 Devs are on the case and working feverishly to make this happen. My other hope is that there is a champion of usability and efficiency that is scrubbing every corner of the OS to polish it to the mirror finish required for BlackBerry to be the king of this important niche. Below follows, in no special order, my notes – some petty some more substantial - as a user on points of needless frustration and limitations of BB10.1. FYI I’m using a Q10.

1) Share Calendar information by Email: Add email to Share options for calendar entries (not clear why share options for calendar entries includes sms and bbm but not regular email). While participants can be added from the edit menu to some calendar entries and be added to the participant's calendar, some entries (specifically those created by Facebook) cannot b bee edited so participants cannot be added. And sometimes it is useful to share calendar information to recipients who are not participants.

2) From contacts, composing a text message, prior messages in the chain are not displayed until the current message is sent.

3) An example of unnecessary UI inefficiency: in contacts, search for a contact, open the contact (and do your business); now I would like to "flow" forward to another contact. I start typing another contact name, but rather than search I'm sent to edit contact, which is not likely to be my intended activity. Rather than just typing to get to the next contact, I must wipe right to search results, then remember to cancel search (a reflexive second swipe right won't do it, as it brings up the contact accounts drawer). Only now can I start typing to search for a contact.

4) Autocorrect seems to fail on contractions (example: “i’m”).

5) In contacts, let me copy and paste an entire address field (with a long press edit menu or otherwise). Presently to copy a mailing address for send (to send to someone, to print on an envelope, etc) requires first Editing the contact, then copy the address, street, city, etc fields individually). Also, presently long press on address field launches maps, but doesn't actually map the relevant address.

6) From Remember, need to add a "Share" option for folders or individual notes (at present, Share is only available for selected text). I also very much want i) quick filter by title, ii) find on page, iii) full text search of all notes. Contacts has a search function on the bottom menu bar; Remember should be consistent in look and feel with Contacts (all native apps need UI conformed there is too much inconsistency).

7) Enable “favorites” in the Phone app. Presently, “favorites” pop to the top of the Contacts list. But when contacts is selected from the Phone app, the favorites aren’t put in a special position.

8) In email, what appear to be "suggested" email addresses appear just below the address field. These suggestions are always the same, and are totally irrelevant. It's not clear how they are generated or what their purpose is (they are neither my most recent nor most common contacts).

9) If an app is activated from Universal Search or Universal Search (say, I navigate to a music file and open it in Music or a search result is in Remember and I open Remember), when minimized the active frame shows just the search icon (no indication I was playing a music file or in the middle of editing something in Remember for example).

10) Text selection is very squirly. The handles on the circle should be a bit more prominent. And is a circle really the ideal shape? Maybe a half-circle with a tri-angle for the upper half such that the cursor insertion point would be at the tip. Having it at the center of a circle makes it easily covered by the finger. Ideally BB would have used a micro trackpad nestled between the “T” and “Y” keys on the Q10.

11) When editing text, sometimes the text circle will turn dark blue and refuses to move when dragged.

12) For the Q10, the design aesthetic should encourage soft buttons at the bottom of the screen, nearer the keyboard. Example 1: On lock screen, is there a reason “Cancel” and “OK” are located as far from the keyboard as possible, on a totally blank screen. Why? Example 2: in email, the toolbar is at the bottom; I hit "search" and the toolbar at the bottom vanishes and a text box and "cancel" button appear ... but at the top of edge of the screen. Why wouldn't these elements appear at the bottom of the screen within easy reach?

13) As Messages can be grouped by thread. I'd like to option to group Notifications also, by sender (so if I get 10 New York Times notifications they don't take a whole page of the Hub but would be grouped together).

14) Some of my contacts appear with photos (imported from facebook) when I compose a text message, but in the contact profile no photo is shown.

15) In the Calendar, I can't see how to set an appointment for a year other than the current one (there's no modifiable year in the create appointment fields). Also can't set appointments other than in increments of 5min. Further, the scroll wheels for date and time are poorly laid out and hard for the eye to read... it's a 3x3 grid of undifferentiated numbers, very easy to make mistakes in setting the time/date. Worse, keyboard input is ignored when setting time/date - please let me use the Q10 keyboard! Finally, it is very easy to bump the scroll wheels while navigating up or down within the create appointment area, which can change the appointment time/date inadvertently. This design needs to be thoughtfully revisited.

16) Search: doesn't work in call log or voicemail. In Calendar, should be in the bottom toolbar consistent with other native apps. Hub apps: Search appears in both the right pop-up toolbar and the bottom toolbar; why this redundancy? Remember - no search tool at all, must use universal search, why??

17) In text messages, the "select all" side-menu item does not appear... until I have already selected all manually, at which time a long press reveals the side menu again which now (when I don't need it any more) does include the "select all" option.

18) CRITICAL: Need the option to go direct to Hub, without an intermediate stop in whatever the last message/messaging app happened to be open. It is now a challenge to muscle memory and attention of the user to dig out of the inner Hub (which is the state it’s usually left in). One idea: on an inverted L motion, go to Hub just like BB10 does now, but always show the compact side bar/root peek as well (the one that shows with a long slow press/swipe from the bottom left corner when deep within the hub) ... this way one swipe and one tap will put me in the in-box of my choice. Alternatively, allow a second "inverted L" to go from the intermediate message drawer all the way back to the Hub. To illustrate the problem: i'm in linkedIn in the hub; I do a search which I abandon for whatever reason and move to another activity; I do "inverted L" to get to Hub; this brings me back to the LinkedIn drawer with searchbox activated; I then must notice the search box is still active, "cancel" the search (I can't right-swipe away from linkedIn without first canceling the search... why???); swipe right; and finally i'm in the Hub. It's agony. Other thoughts on the Hub: I have a Q10, let me make use of the keyboard! "Alt" inverted L or long press on space bar or some other shortcut should take me direct to main hub (or even variants to take me direct to email, text, etc) and cut down on the swipes.

19) Bring back the ability to type a word into the phone dialer and have it automatically converted into the corresponding phone number (eg 1800-Blackberry). At present, the corresponding numbers need to be typed using the virtual keypad that shows which letters correspond to which numbers.

20) Default storage location for screenshots is different from default location for camera pics. Why make taking screenshots so easy, then drive users crazy trying to locate the location of the file? In fact, it seems every photo app I have insists in saving files to a different location. Can a global preference be set such that I don’t have 10 folders for photos or for voicenotes, etc?

21) Pictures app should show contact's photo collections from Facebook

22) In BBM, if I delete a contact, the statement "XYZ has been added to your Blocked list" appears above the cancel and accept options. This seems to be intended to explain the checkbox option in the dialog "Block future invitations" but it is confusing as can be taken as a standalone statement, not clearly related to the checkbox. BBM generally is confusing in that I cannot easily identify users who no longer have BBM and delete them.

23) In contacts, re-enable "categories" and permit import from OS7.

24) Add "Share" to browser/reader mode (so I can read web pages in Remember, email, or through sharing to a 3rd party app like instapaper or Pocket)

25) From hub/call log, there is no way to call a contact other than those in the log (no link to contacts or phone app). In email, text messages, and other hub items there is a "compose" button that links to contacts, but the equivalent “make a call” item is missing in the call log. Why is the hub call log so different from the phone app? A long press on an item in the call log bring up a menu (including a direct link to write a text message) that is very different from the menu found in the call log in the phone app (where to respond to a caller by text requires a long press, then selecting "info" then text message). These little inconsistencies make the OS more work to navigate than is necessary.

26) Remember is a powerful app for project management, but it is now no longer simple to manage the hundreds of lists of random info (restaurants in Paris, things I need from the hardware store) I had created in OS7. Can we bring back the old Notepad and link it to the Remember database? That way, is simplicity is called for, I have that option.

27) From call Phone/Call Log, tapping on the voicemail icon places a call to the caller rather than play the message. This is pretty annoying. To actually play the message you need to open the drop down menu and press the play icon or go to the Voicemail drawer in the Hub.

28) In Hub/Phone the search function doesn't work (if I search for the name or number of someone in the call-log, no results are found)

29) UI for setting new appointments needs work. Setting time and date is awkward, display is too small and it is easy to confuse the selected date with the prior and subsequent. After an appointment is set (but while still in Edit) the day (Mon, Tues, etc) is no longer displayed and should be (that is, the appointment reads “Starts … 9/12/13” and leaves out the day).

30) Calendar doesn't have an in-app search button (requires going to universal search)

31) In Calendar, no "x" to clear location information if incorrect. I have to backspace it all out.

32) NOTE: http://us.blackberry.com/software/blackberry-link.html
    Reference is made to iOS 10.6; this is incorrect, it shld be to "OSX 10.6".

33) In Remember, bottom icon row is redundant with "more" icons from side menu. It’s not helpful to duplicate icons.

34) In Messages, when reading message, add ability to skip to next message or next unread message directly (without having to swipe back to inbox first)

35) When in file manager and all hub items (sms, email accounts), there is a "search" option at the bottom of the screen, and an apparently identical search option in the "more" side menu that appears when the 3 dot item is selected. Again, redundant.

36) In Remember there is no search option; the only way to search Remember is to use the Universal Search. Also, now (unlike in OS7) searches of Remember are only full-text, with no way to quickly filter by title. Remember is also lacking “find on page” so a note of more than a few dozen words becomes useless for unstructured information as nothing in it can be quickly found. I have hundreds of notes, all organized by title (considering full-text search was thoughtlessly removed by Blackberry in OS7, I suspect that this is the case with millions of users). Blackberry needs to respect that notes play an essential role as a place to warehouse freeform information unrelated to a contact, a task or a calendar entry. Where do I quickly note (and hopefully later quickly find) the names of the rental best BBQ joints in Austin?

37) Wifi calling (and better, UMA) was an amazing feature of old BlackBerries and was one of the principal reasons I kept the device. Where did it go?

38) What happened to the amazing single key shortcuts available in OS7?

39) Remember only permits due dates, not times and reminders.

40) Lock screen after X period of inactivity (presently if i'm on a call for 5 min, when I hang up the phone has locked), this is annoying.

41) When adding a photo to a contact, allow to resize (as in Os7) or at least link directly to the "Edit" mode for resizing in a seamless process.
    manitoulinrowe likes this.
    07-01-13 12:35 PM
    I dont know if its formerly "tweaks" but whatever...

• Color LED by event type.
    • Equalizer, Sort by folder filter
    • Fancy lock screen method (secure also, ie: pattern lock, swiping lock, etc)
    • Lock screen shortcut (extend Power button life)
    • Custom bottom bar icons (add, delete, switch)
    • Custom panels arrangement
    • Notification bar on main screen.
    • Custom Cycling Notification profiles (Silence, Vibrate, Normal, High, etc)
    • Icons Grid size, transition effects.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    This should be a minor update . If BB music app can have access to freedb.com and other online music database to display song's title, album, and artist, what you wanted is on the screen while the music is playing.
    07-01-13 11:21 PM
    I have an email account in z10. After I delete this account, I have to click "back" button a few times in order to get back to HUB so that I can send text message or make a phone call. There should be a quick way for me to get back to the HUB after I delete an email account.
    07-01-13 11:24 PM
    I have an email account in z10. After I delete this account, I have to click "back" button a few times in order to get back to HUB so that I can send text message or make a phone call. There should be a quick way for me to get back to the HUB after I delete an email account.
    Hold and swipe the bottom left arrow back to the hub!

Example how crackberry app does it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Attachment 178152
    07-02-13 12:36 AM
    Hold and swipe the bottom left arrow back to the hub!

Example how crackberry app does it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Attachment 178152
    I tried it but I didn't take me to the HUB page. If it works, it only takes me to a previous page.
    07-02-13 07:10 AM
    Here's another example from the hub. I know it works.

What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_00000845.png

If your trying to do this from account settings that will not work as its not part of the hub.

Swipe up and right, back to the hub

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-02-13 11:23 AM
    its probably your music files. you need to add album art to the tag.
    Tried it. Googled a bunch of solutions too from throughout the forums and nothing seems to work. I'm assuming it's a bug in the os because of it. But it's sporadic apparently for most

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:11 PM
    Tried it. Googled a bunch of solutions too from throughout the forums and nothing seems to work. I'm assuming it's a bug in the os because of it. But it's sporadic apparently for most

Posted via CB10
    After that post I added a lot more music to my sd card. I noticed one of my albums isn't showing art. Definitely odd.
    07-02-13 11:36 PM
    Hey guys,

I just came across this Feature Request Poll in the Beta Zone.

Once you join the Beta Zone, join the Global BlackBerry 10 Community Programme (I think everyone can join it). You can then 'like' and 'dislike' a feature that's listed in the poll.

I think it'd be pretty helpful if CB members who care so much about BB10 would take out some time, join the Beta Zone and be active there as well.

Vote away! I hope the top requested features in there are implemented soon
    Last edited by maneck35; 07-03-13 at 04:35 AM.
    R Field likes this.
    07-03-13 04:07 AM
    Another one:
    Please add a damn "back " button.
    My screen protector shows an horrible set of scratches just in the middle of it thanks to the ONLY and repetitive "swiping up" action.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:55 AM
    Another one:
    My screen protector shows an horrible set of scratches just in the middle of it thanks to the ONLY and repetitive "swiping up" action.

Posted via CB10
    Wtf?? Finger swiping shouldn't cause scratches unless your hands are ogarly. Don't you use a screen protector?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-03-13 06:34 PM
    I want the same keyboard shortcuts on the Q, when I pull up the keyboard on the Z

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and 2cats1dog like this.
    07-04-13 05:07 AM
    Another one:

Posted via CB10
    I don't mean to offend you but this has got to be the dumbest suggestion in this thread yet.

Because your fingers create scratches on a 3rd party screen protector that you put on your device, the whole design philosophy and arguably one of the main things to differentiate BB10 from the rest (buttonless design ) should be abandoned?

Not to mention that it makes no sense software wise either because there is a soft back button in every app.

I've been using my Z for 3 months, no case, no screen protector. All I do is wipe the phone with a wet wipe for glasses once a day. My phone still looks exactly like on the first day.

It might also help if your fingers aren't made of iron...

Posted via Z10
    07-04-13 05:58 AM
    I don't mean to offend you but this has got to be the dumbest suggestion in this thread yet.

Because your fingers create scratches on a 3rd party screen protector that you put on your device, the whole design philosophy and arguably one of the main things to differentiate BB10 from the rest (buttonless design ) should be abandoned?

Not to mention that it makes no sense software wise either because there is a soft back button in every app.

I've been using my Z for 3 months, no case, no screen protector. All I do is wipe the phone with a wet wipe for glasses once a day. My phone still looks exactly like on the first day.

It might also help if your fingers aren't made of iron...

Posted via Z10
    No offend, but I give a damn if differentiation means a tricky way to get simple things done.
    I'm not saying we must get rid of swipe up functionality, I'm just saying that would be great to have an alt way to do the same thing.

Let's put things clear.
    My fingers (thanks god) are pretty fine, but if you think for a moment it's not that hard to realize a back button would make things faster, and ergonomically wise (just pushing a button)
    Swiping up its good for peek action (great feature) but not to switch between applications when you are on the real life rush.

Maybe my screen protector sux, but the funny thing is the only place where its scratched is just in the middle of it. That's why I realize the excessive use of that place.

If this method (swiping up) it's good for you doesn't means that one size fits all.
    BBRY still being on a rigid way and customization and flexibility are valuable words nowadays...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 07:38 AM
    Dude honestly I disagree with you. Take off your Crappy screen protector!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-04-13 10:17 AM
    Haha, no way!
    But maybe will switch brand in near future.
    All in all, I'm still wanting that button, at least as an option tho.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:25 AM
    Haha, no way!
    But maybe will switch brand in near future.
    All in all, I'm still wanting that button, at least as an option tho.

Posted via CB10
    They ain't gonna add a hardware button for one person. 99% of us are happy and practically all apps have a virtual back button when required.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-04-13 01:07 PM
    They ain't gonna add a hardware button for one person. 99% of us are happy and practically all apps have a virtual back button when required.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    What the F !!!!
    Oh noes dude, from where you've got that insanely statement?

Jeez I've never ever say an physical button c'mon, I'm not THAT high lol.
    Just talking about a nice simple visible "back" button on bottom bar maybe, that's all.

Lol dude, you've made my day

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:23 PM
1,485 ... 2728293031 ...