I would like to select specific ring tone for individual contacts as is available on the OS7. Have some annoying contacts you just wanna ignore by keeping their calls silent permanently.
    04-18-13 04:57 AM
    -More robust, accurate and easier text cut/copy/paste/navigation;
    -"Select Sender/Recipient/Subject/Message" options back into email searchability;
    -More accurate/dynamic Contacts searching, both in Contacts tool and phone. (I have a contact named "OmniContacts.com" but when I search for the word "Contacts" {bc i didn't remember the exact website} it comes up blank.)
    -Editable levels/options of text correction (ie I use hyphens and slashes often and I can't seem to make auto correct leave them intact since they're not word-specific :-));
    -Notification Profiles & alarms!!! (to the zillionth time)

(and all the other savvy and applicable suggestions mentioned..this was just my two cents I haven't seen yet)

Go BB10!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:52 PM
    With all contacts saved on device (either SIM or device Local).... everytime you add a New Contact it is saved to BOTH:
    1 - Local
    2 - SIM

If on your Z10 you also add an account for work email and sync contacts:
    jane.doe @ company.com

You also need to sync your personal contacts at outlook.com:
    jane.doe @ outlook.com

Now everytime you add a New Contact it will be stored & sync'd in ALL 4 areas:
    1 - Local
    2 - SIM
    3 - jane.doe @ company.com
    4 - jane.doe @ outlook.com

Currently ........ you cannot set a "default" contact account.
    Currently ........ you cannot manage where New Contacts are saved. They are saved everywhere automatically (Local + SIM + Email 1 sync + Email 2 sync ..... etc.)
    Currently ....... you cannot edit a contact and simply delete or add an account "Link". Yes ....... you can "Unlink" an account which is good, but this will create a duplicate contact (i.e.- 2 contacts with different account "Links".

Not much of an issue today .... most appear happy to simply get their contacts to initially appear on their Z10. Today most don't care about this.

6-12 months from now people who don't understand this are going to have their contacts totally mixed up and confused and not be able figure what contact list is what ......etc.

Proposed changes:
    1. Allow for a "default" contact account(s) for New Contacts (just like for default calendar and default email). This would allow you to save New Contacts in 1 or more places if you desire.

2. Allow the ability to delete "Links" for a contact when editting. (you can currently "Unlink" but not delete the Link..... by Unlinking your create duplicate contacts).

3. Allow the ability to add account "Links" for a contact when editing. This way if you had your default contact account set to "Local" and you decided you wanted to add a contact to your @outlook.com sync ..... you can't do it.

Again ........ today most are happy just to have their contact list on the Z10. If "New Contact" management is left the way it is I think we will see tremendous headaches down the road when people start trying to figure out their contact list(s). Those who are sync'ing more than 1 contact list (account) will be the ones with the biggest headaches (i.e. - when they figure out that their company contact list is partially merged with their personal contact list, etc.). The problem now is you really won't be able to tell this unless you carefully review a specific sync'd contact list.
    Last edited by duckduke; 04-19-13 at 06:11 AM.
    ezapper2 and ianbordas like this.
    04-19-13 05:58 AM
    As an example of the above:

If you have all of your contacts sync'd with an email account .........

Add any random contact your Z10 (i.e. - Jimmy Bobby) and click save.
    - Now open Jimmy Bobbly and click "Links"
    - You will see Jimmy Bobby in (Local + SIM + any email account sync you have)

While in contacts, peek on the left side and select SIM (or Local)
    - you will see every new contact you've added since setting up Z10.

Obviously if you have all contacts saved on device (Local or SIM) this is not as much of an issue. Those with multiple contact lists sync'd will have the biggest issue.
    04-19-13 06:24 AM
    Used to be able to search contacts using first letter fname, space, first letter Lname.

John Doe, I could type j d and the name would come up
    Doesn't work on bb10

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-19-13 12:26 PM
    That would be a great solution!

Another solution could be, that if you swipe right from the message you oppened in the hub you go back to the app you where before (not active frames like it does now) leaving the message in the Hub active, but if you swipe up from a message you close the Hub and go to Active frames, reseting the Hub to its default all messages.

RE: about the hub returning to the hub and not the last message - it is actually quite useful the way it is right now. Try getting into a conversation with someone via text or BBM while reading something on a webpage. I had this happen yesterday and being able to switch between the conversation and the website with a single gesture was awesome.

I could see a feature where a timer was involved. If you are in a text message, leave the hub, and then go back to the hub less than 30 seconds later, you go back to the text message. If longer than 30 seconds, you default to the main hub.
    04-19-13 01:38 PM
    Hope they will add twitter auto URL shortener for the "Share Via Social"
    Right now when you try to share an article or news, when it is over 140 the share/Post button is greyed out
    vulfadli likes this.
    04-19-13 01:46 PM
    Location-based reminders in the Remember app.
    04-19-13 07:40 PM
    USB Host Mode.
    Support for USB Audio Class 2.
    Allow screenshots to be saved to the external SD card.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CJH_; 04-19-13 at 08:42 PM.
    04-19-13 08:23 PM
    With all contacts saved on device (either SIM or device Local).... everytime you add a New Contact it is saved to BOTH:
    1 - Local
    2 - SIM

If on your Z10 you also add an account for work email and sync contacts:
    jane.doe @ company.com

You also need to sync your personal contacts at outlook.com:
    jane.doe @ outlook.com

Now everytime you add a New Contact it will be stored & sync'd in ALL 4 areas:
    1 - Local
    2 - SIM
    3 - jane.doe @ company.com
    4 - jane.doe @ outlook.com

Currently ........ you cannot set a "default" contact account.
    Currently ........ you cannot manage where New Contacts are saved. They are saved everywhere automatically (Local + SIM + Email 1 sync + Email 2 sync ..... etc.)
    Currently ....... you cannot edit a contact and simply delete or add an account "Link". Yes ....... you can "Unlink" an account which is good, but this will create a duplicate contact (i.e.- 2 contacts with different account "Links".

Not much of an issue today .... most appear happy to simply get their contacts to initially appear on their Z10. Today most don't care about this.

6-12 months from now people who don't understand this are going to have their contacts totally mixed up and confused and not be able figure what contact list is what ......etc.

Proposed changes:
    1. Allow for a "default" contact account(s) for New Contacts (just like for default calendar and default email). This would allow you to save New Contacts in 1 or more places if you desire.

2. Allow the ability to delete "Links" for a contact when editting. (you can currently "Unlink" but not delete the Link..... by Unlinking your create duplicate contacts).

3. Allow the ability to add account "Links" for a contact when editing. This way if you had your default contact account set to "Local" and you decided you wanted to add a contact to your @outlook.com sync ..... you can't do it.

Again ........ today most are happy just to have their contact list on the Z10. If "New Contact" management is left the way it is I think we will see tremendous headaches down the road when people start trying to figure out their contact list(s). Those who are sync'ing more than 1 contact list (account) will be the ones with the biggest headaches (i.e. - when they figure out that their company contact list is partially merged with their personal contact list, etc.). The problem now is you really won't be able to tell this unless you carefully review a specific sync'd contact list.
    I add new contacts to outlook.com, if they have a twitter name or BBID, I just link them on my Z10. Apart from adding BBM contacts, I don't add or edit on mine.

Like your proposals.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:25 PM
    Since BlackBerry pimped the hell out of their native task app to now have folders and a deep integration of Evernote, I would love to see the ability to add subtasks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr.C05; 04-19-13 at 11:57 PM.
    04-19-13 08:35 PM
    How about when you create a task you can add the date, rather than adding the task, then having to find it and then have to add extra details?
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    04-21-13 03:49 PM
    too many pages to read through, apologies if someone has said already or if it's already avalible

-Ability to launch apps that are in the hub from the hub
    -Option to default back to the hub or not
    -more customization and abilities in the lock screen
    -like move that clock/hide calendar events/make both smaller or change font and colour
    -go right into the hub from lock screen.
    -more notifications to customize
    -remove the bluetooth link from swipe down menu and replace with airplane or network or just a link to all connections
    -small gestures in browser to make things more smooth when browsing like swipe down from top to refresh or diagonals to go forward page and back page, save for later button or option
    -option to always have your home/widget screen even if no apps are running
    -ability to edit your background picture more like shrink it to any size, move it into a certain position, zoomed in
    -keyboard layout option so when in shift are in the classic blackberry keyboard layout, it seems more of a inconvenience to have all the numbers on the top row. ive just enjoyed typing the numbers all on the left with 1 hand
    Last edited by ekayallday; 04-23-13 at 05:09 AM.
    04-23-13 04:58 AM
    I'd like to see the screen rotation parameters to be either adjustable or tweaked so that the screen doesn't rotate unless the phone is held in a more vertical position - maybe +/- 5 degrees rather than +/-30 degrees or whatever it is now. I find that sometimes I like to hold the phone at an angle when I'm lying around being lazy and it rotates back and forth too much..
    04-23-13 01:59 PM
    I'd like to see the screen rotation parameters to be either adjustable or tweaked so that the screen doesn't rotate unless the phone is held in a more vertical position - maybe +/- 5 degrees rather than +/-30 degrees or whatever it is now. I find that sometimes I like to hold the phone at an angle when I'm lying around being lazy and it rotates back and forth too much..
    I would like some improvement on the rotation lock to.
    I'm thinking of 3 mode option:
    - auto rotate: as of now with tweaked settings
    - rotation lock: as of now
    - manual screen rotation using a new Two finger rotation gesture. You could easily rotate the screen or keep it the way to you want, with one simple gesture

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:33 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already. I like how Box and Dropbox are integrated into the native file manager application on the Z10. It would be nice to be able to integrate Skydrive, Google Drive and SugarSync the same way.
    04-24-13 02:45 AM
    Word predictions/substitutions should be triggered by punctuation, not just space. This is how it works on BBOS, by the way.

Also, entering a quotation mark, single or double, should "smart backspace" to omit the space between it and the previous word, just as the period/full stop and comma do.
    04-24-13 07:46 AM
    I just thought of another. When you place the cursor on a word already typed, it should offer suggestions for replacements/corrections.

Also, Android Swype has a nice feature, where after you type a word you can swipe up on the shift key and it gives you capitalization options. So if you type "word" and swipe up on shift, you'll be offered "word", "Word" and "WORD", and you pick the one you want. Something like this would be handy in BB10.
    04-24-13 07:51 AM
    Word predictions/substitutions should be triggered by punctuation, not just space. This is how it works on BBOS, by the way.

Also, entering a quotation mark, single or double, should "smart backspace" to omit the space between it and the previous word, just as the period/full stop and comma do.
    I'm not buying the punctuation trigger, By far I do prefer the space as a trigger.
    Why? Well that's more in line with the "Keep Moving " thing. ...no need for special action in order to accept/confirm the prediction/substitution, you just keep typing.
    I'm not an excellent at typing, and many times I know I just typed the wrong letter, but with BB10 I just don't mind and I simply keep typing ...and BlackBerry is doing the magic when typing a space for the next word, without any special intervention. I should say it's more then 90-95% correct.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:34 PM
    Ditto I can not stand the scroll clock anymore. Don't mind it on my 9850 which is my new ipod/quick reference bedside websearches via wifi/2nd ALARM. However the Z10 in all it's Fabulous Glory...has this to irk me. Everything else is so awesome. I think I am converting coworkers to BlackBerry10.
    I want to able to set the times for calendar events like how the alarm clock works. I absolutely hate the scrolling feature that's almost identical to the Iphone, I personally find it annoying.

Seems doubtful though.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    04-24-13 11:30 PM
    Pinch to reflow.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:37 AM
    Years and tag editing for the Music app.
    04-27-13 09:11 PM
    Full 24bit support for .Flac audio files.
    Native USB Audio Class 2 support.

Posted via CB10
    merli001 likes this.
    04-28-13 05:29 AM
    The media player ( video) on screen controls, when you toggle the volume. It takes up a large space in the middle of the screen. If it could be slimmer and to the bottom or top where it will not affect what you are viewing, that would be great.

via z10 on cb10...
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-29-13 11:39 AM
    The possibility to select more emails between first and last in stead of selecting one but one

PIN lock with bigger keyboard or pattern unlock

After reading mail that hub restores to all accounts I do having to go back

When opening app of sub folder and after closing it that you return to this folder and not to first screen

Posted via CB10
    Joseph K Muscat likes this.
    04-29-13 01:11 PM
1,485 ... 1920212223 ...