The full hub view (i.e., the last swipe you can do) should be this (see attached--info in hub blurred for privacy).

What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_00000099.jpg

You can get this view at the moment when you pull text message/mail/FB/Twitter etc over to the icons and get it to stick. Suddenly you've got this beautiful black backgrounded icon bar on the left, showing message indicators and allowing you to tap which one you want to go to. I wish this view was standard for the hub, and this is what you saw when you went into the hub (versus going to the last opened area). I don't get why it isn't, or why you can make the hub do this if you're really careful.
    03-02-13 05:54 PM
    WE ALL NEED DATA USAGE MANAGER TO TRACK OUR DATA USAGE !!! Need it very soon, as my Unlimited runs out so will need to be carefull !
    til-bar, EsJayDee and Mr_F like this.
    03-02-13 05:56 PM
    The full hub view (i.e., the last swipe you can do) should be this (see attached--info in hub blurred for privacy).

(snipped to save space)

You can get this view at the moment when you pull text message/mail/FB/Twitter etc over to the icons and get it to stick. Suddenly you've got this beautiful black backgrounded icon bar on the left, showing message indicators and allowing you to tap which one you want to go to. I wish this view was standard for the hub, and this is what you saw when you went into the hub (versus going to the last opened area). I don't get why it isn't, or why you can make the hub do this if you're really careful.
    I don't want it to look like that all the time, as sometimes I want the full screen of the other screen but it would be nice if we were given the option to lock the upper screen so that the main Hub menu will show up like this when we want to.

To another topic: It would be nice if we can get more options to customize the lock screen - like how many events we want shown on it (or show any at all)...and possibly have the option of the display on top or bottom of the screen (when we don't want the letters to cover our nice wallpaper).

Also, about BB World...it would be nice to have the option of limiting one's selection to one's geographic region. I don't want to spend time scrolling through apps made specifically for those in Asia or whatnot (unless I want to).
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 03-03-13 at 09:31 AM.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-03-13 09:20 AM
    Consistency of gestures - e.g. swipe left to right bring is equal to 'back' in the hub, music app, or bb world, however not in settings or the bb made facebook app. Make the left to right swipe universally the 'back' button.

Better multi-tasking within the Hub - multitasking is great outside the hub, but not in it. I receive an email, follow a link within my email. Once I'm in the browser and I get a new message I cannot 'peek', because when I peek all I see is my open email. You always have to back out of whatever you're doing in the hub, it is inefficient and a hassle. So many times I don't back out of a text message and am unable to peek at my new messages.

More efficient management of messages/emails - 1) threaded emails need to stay in the main hub, not move you into a new screen. 2) There needs to be a quicker way to multi-select messages rather than long and then tap multi-select. Long press should automatically initiate multi-select. 3) delete button should be visible when reading an email, not just reply, etc., shouldn't need to hit the more options button.
    03-03-13 09:42 AM
    I'd like to see accepted invites from iCal to automatically go into my calendar. They do the other way around�those I sent to my gf's iPhone are automatically imported. C'mon, BlackBerry. Play nice.
    til-bar likes this.
    03-03-13 10:04 AM
    I have had my Z10 for a week now, and loving it. I would like a few tweaks.
    1. I love the way PlayBook cycles between open apps. By swiping from left or right from the bezel.
    2. Prefer playbooks method of bringing up keyboard. The two finger swipe of Z10 is slightly awkward.
    3.not digging drop shadows around icons.
    4. The ability to choose between connection type ie. 2g,3g, (some areas have poor 3g so a dedicated 2g option would save battery)
    5.replace way text is selected. Even PlayBook method is easier to use than the circular "Magnifying Glass" icon.
    6. Swipe between bbm conversations,or any msgs, instead of gng back to hub,
    7. Better use of gestures. Multiple touch intuitive gestures.
    8. Better camera app.

This is a new os and fixes will come, the hardware is solid, os is decent now fine tuning is needed. I know that it will take
    Time let's hope the paying attention to these types of threads and green from them.
    There is my verbal diarrhea for awhile hopefully.

Z10 was worth the wait. And will only get better.
    03-03-13 10:20 AM
    I'm holding off getting a BB10 device till they add at least the same profile customizations as BB07 on my 9930.
    03-03-13 02:24 PM
    Maybe a pattern unlock screen instead of password or a shorter password number pad or facial recognition type of lock screen? I know is seems android-ish, but some other options would be great.
    03-03-13 02:33 PM
    Also, about BB World...it would be nice to have the option of limiting one's selection to one's geographic region. I don't want to spend time scrolling through apps made specifically for those in Asia or whatnot (unless I want to).
    +1
    03-03-13 02:35 PM
    I tweeted this list to all Blackberry twitter accounts hopefully they see it and take action implementing all these suggestions.
    03-03-13 07:14 PM
    I haven't had the time to read all the suggestions but i would like the jelly bean run time, custom notifications or just more customisation options in general.

Id also like for them to integrate a way for you to access a bbm for example you've gotten straight from the lock screen like IOS.

Posted via CB10
    til-bar and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-03-13 10:21 PM
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I would really like the ability to change the length of the vibration for my messages. I use to be able to do this on my 9900, I could set it to short or long. I would love to have that ability back.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    Mr_F likes this.
    03-03-13 10:41 PM
    please add back the del function when I press shift+backspace. I like being able to erase to the right as well!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    elGuapoTorres and Mr_F like this.
    03-04-13 01:39 AM
    Japanese and Korean as keyboard input languages! For people who speak these languages, or have friends, family or colleagues/clients who do, this is a dealbreaker!
    03-04-13 05:15 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet .. but they should make the Map App work in landscape mode if the user wants it that way
    03-04-13 07:32 AM
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I would really like the ability to change the length of the vibration for my messages. I use to be able to do this on my 9900, I could set it to short or long. I would love to have that ability back.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    I don't know if it was mentioned either (but it probably was). I'd go further and simply state to offer all the same functionality that existed in OS7 for notifications since I think that pretty much covered all the bases. Then, when that is done, maybe they can come up with new features we haven't thought about.
    03-04-13 03:28 PM
    Cinnamon Toast!
    elGuapoTorres and EsJayDee like this.
    03-04-13 11:48 PM
    For Playlists, the music player displays the cover images of the top four titles in the list -- unfortunately I don't find that particularly useful.

It would be great to be able to associate a custom image with any given Playlist. Maybe as elegant as editing the Playlist on the phone and choosing an image from the user's photo collection. Or maybe as simple as dropping a custom image of the same filename in the same folder as the Playlist.

Failing that, how about a list view that simply displays Playlist filenames without the cover art?
    Last edited by RootingForRIM; 03-18-13 at 08:02 AM.
    elGuapoTorres and Mr_F like this.
    03-05-13 10:10 AM
    I'd like to see quick navigation options in the browser similar to the To-Top and To-Bottom buttons in the Hub.

Though I just discovered that two-finger swiping up and down in the browser does quick scroll, which is cool.
    elGuapoTorres, R Field and Mr_F like this.
    03-05-13 10:16 AM
    And notifications from android apps in the background

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 11:03 AM
    Was anybody able to get confirmation that BlackBerry devs or higher ups have read these suggestions and are looking to implement it for 10.1 etc? I tweeted this thread to the lot of BlackBerry accounts but got no reply.

CB10- z10
    03-05-13 12:06 PM
    Bell Customers, Bell just sent me a tweet stating update will be available on Thursday March 07.
    R Field likes this.
    03-05-13 12:20 PM
    I'm sure this has been brought up but i have not read the whole thread.....but i think it's worth mentioning mentioning again just in case....

All i really want is the ability to search more than 30 days of email.....it's slowing me down!!!
    03-05-13 05:06 PM
    Rotation lock that does not effect the camera, pictures and videos. So annoying having it on and needing to take a picture or wanting to watch a video. Also annoying to leave it off and pull the phone out of your pocket only to have everything in landscape mode.

Also home screen and lock screen portrait modes.
    Mr_F and endevour like this.
    03-05-13 05:10 PM
    I must qualify my thoughts by noting i am still on my 9930 for primary daily use and using a Z10 in parallel without really using it as a phone (US based VZW user on TMO for Z10). I am part of the original blackberry user base, i LIVE by my BB and am screwed when things don't work. I receive a couple hundred business emails a day, probably 40-75 which are time sensitive, that's including filtering out junk/newsletters, and my BB calendar notifications are critical to getting everything done quickly and efficiently. Some of my tweaks are mentioned by others, most who i have thanked or liked in previous posts. There are many solid suggestions made by others i would not even care about, hopefully RIMBERRY is paying attention and following this as a real thread to help them prioritize and spearhead future development. I love the z10 but i will dump it and get a Q10 as soon as it's available on VZW, even though the Z10 keyboard rocks i want Qeys, Do you think Alicia Keys was chosen for the Q?

In no particular order:

1. Add filter unread in the first menu pull in the Hub - this should not be the next menu level down
    2. Make "Add to Calendar" an option from tapping on an email - this should not require inviting the sender but simply the ability to add an email as an appointment/calendar reminder entry to provide a notification to deal with an email at a later time
    3. All phone numbers should be click to call and certainly we need to be able to past into the dialer
    4. In contacts the Mapping of a contacts address should operate as well or better than OS7 or playbook, it currently does not and often creates the wrong locations, i have posted on this in detail elsewhere on CB,
    5. Connect to Dropbox needs a fri**en password at least the lame 4 digit like ios or Android - maybe side loaded DropBox proper would be better i have not tried this yet
    6. BB Appworld search just sucks, this should be a real search engine if there are truly 70,000 plus apps. BBWorld should also do a better job at highlighting high value apps and minimizing the junk
    7. Notifications needs work - this has been commented on previously
    8. Software Update and Appworld should not require a "check for updates" 2 taps/clicks down form the basic request, this should all be automatic like Android at best and ioS at worst, it feels clunky now
    9. Stop hiding key ui under a pop up keyboard, I am not sure how they maje this better but it's a bit of a miss
    10. When setting up accounts it should by default give you advanced options so oyu can select Exchange or whatever provider as an option, i missed it twice because it is hidden under the keyboard
    11.The calendar is FAR superior to iOS or Android but not nearly as elegant as BBOS7 - Tile should show more future appointments than one, fill the damn tile. Agenda view is awful, it should show your continuous flow of next appointments, even if they are the next day or two days later, provide the true agenda view
    12. More Flow, all the back button screens should also have swipe right, i suspect this is just lazy programming poor implementation and will be optimized over time
    13. Infinite stored email as stated by others , 30 days is a joke in business and why Android and iOS are weak, Calendar also
    14. Rich text/HTML sig files
    15.Home screen should offer DeToday like option of showing as many future appointments or emails or missed calls on the home screen
    16. Snooze for appointments should side slide to modify the snooze time, this is a easter egg in OS7 and a true lifesaver for time management
    17. Faster rotation especially for email and browser
    18. BB News or a superior RSS reader, I like CB and N4B apps but would prefer to have a newsreader with images over a side loaded text gmail reader
    19. In addition to better profiles, scheduling like the Volume Scheduler app in OS7, plus multiple alarms or reminders for calendar
    20. Full screen option for the browser, swipe the menu bar away
    21. Compose from the hub should be default tap email and then pop-up txt, bbm, other options it should not take you to another screen the way it does
    22. Left swiping should always take you to the hub, i am constantly swiping on Android, and iOS, and even on BB OS7
    23. Pinning tiles, options for contacts, calendar, weather, whatever in positions 1-4
    24. Official sideload apps section in BB world, RIM should make or buy DDPB and add these apps to AppWorld, make it more consumer friendly and "official" to add these apps, even with a few faults that are inherent in run time, it adds to the creditably of the platform. Just having an option to get Google Maps, Instagram, pocket, pintrest, these are the apps people don't want to give up to switch or the apps their friends are using on iOS or Android - it's the glue and genius of Steve Jobs

I am sure there are many other things that matter to other folks but these are some really simple tweaks that would optimize OS10 to a level that would make BBRY invincible if it had launched 2 years ago and might let it survive in third place if done SOON. It would be awful to see RIMBERRY wiped out by Windowsphone. RIM take this thread and listen, make the improvements your loyal fans are excited to see next or dying for now.

Where the **** is the VZW Q10 already?
    EsJayDee, elGuapoTorres and jiimy like this.
    03-05-13 11:45 PM
1,485 ... 910111213 ...