some tweeks i would like to see are
    1) on lockscreen music controls
    2) a on screen camera shutter like on other os's
    also a bit more options/ features in the camera, maybe a slight UI refinement (version 2.0)
    3) i think the settings page should be more like the playbooks own in a way
    4) the ability to pin open apps to the home screen
    4) more native apps in the os should become widgets when minimized not sure if music apps does it but the music app should at least offer album art name and play pause.
    5) icons should be redone i like the icons be some are hideous like the txt message icon
    You can use the hardware keys for #1
    For number 2 I like the touch on anywhere on the screen shutter option, and some more functions should be added in a software update .
    I agree with your first 4 (yes you have two #4 lol)
    For your second #4 except for the music controls that us how it works, I like using the hardware keys for controls but that is a personal thing I guess

5 I agree with you here

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:32 AM
    * I want USB OTG please
    02-13-13 10:35 AM
    You can't edit calendar entries when using icloud calendar right?

I can't even get the calendar to load. Period.

02-13-13 11:56 AM
    not sure if anyone mentioned it, but being able to change the font size in emails (especially sent in HTML format.) Right now only emails sent in plain text format can be set up to show larger font sizes to read
    02-13-13 02:41 PM
    more vibrate options for notification type

i.e. Set vibrate feature to 3 long one for a phone call, 5 short ones for a text, 1 short one for an email, etc.
    This was awesome on my 9800
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-13-13 02:57 PM
    My wish list contains everything it takes to pass the US testing. My feeling is that the US carriers have found all of these bugs, and are not ready to put out a phone that causes them a problem. People tend to bring these phones into the retailer because something is not working correctly and expect them to fix it. That's NOT their job. Their job is to sell phones and sell plans. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the more I think about it, the more I can't blame them.

So, get to work blackberry. This is your job. You've got a great OS, and great hardware. Let's see it improve...and quickly. I want my phone.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    02-13-13 09:41 PM
    Loving my Z10, but minor annoyances so far.
    - Ability to make group contacts, mixing text and email, same as OS6/7
    - Multiple message select with a multitouch gesture, same as OS6/7
    - RSS Reader (Blackberry News, or hub integration same as OS6/7)
    - Gesture to open hub from the lock screen
    - Option to share with Smart Tags (and/or share as QR code)
    - Hub reset to root after timeout
    - Shorter lock screen camera launch (it's currently faster just to unlock and launch camera)
    - Ability to pin active frames and/or a widget view
    - APIs to allow background apps (as I understand it, the limitation for porting BeBuzz among others)
    xxslxx and Joseph K Muscat like this.
    02-14-13 12:03 AM
    I want to able to set the times for calendar events like how the alarm clock works. I absolutely hate the scrolling feature that's almost identical to the Iphone, I personally find it annoying.

Seems doubtful though.

nycspaces. and XDrew42 like this.
    02-14-13 12:22 AM
    I was going to complain about the browser "Fit text to screen"but they just fixed it!!! Is there a reason the search has to use "Extended Search"to search directly on the internet?
    02-14-13 01:56 AM
    I was going to complain about the browser "Fit text to screen"but they just fixed it!!! Is there a reason the search has to use "Extended Search"to search directly on the internet?
    No that only applies for the settings, but once you start to search it will give you the option to search to the web

02-14-13 02:20 AM
    I want to hide icons which I barely use, not just move them to a neverused folder. It is very important for me to have a clean homescreen. This features was already missing on the PlayBook.
    02-14-13 03:41 AM
    Well,

I want it to be more blackberry..so to say

- sound profiles as they should be
    - multiple alarms
    - PIN messages
    - Proper bridge app
    - Better Evernote integration (err..no tags? just alphabetical sorting? some one must have had a fatty or had a bad sense of humor)
    - minimesed Remember app should not show me elephant *** sized checkmark, but rather number of pending todos
    - ability to open some apps (and minimize) at lunch/reboot and/or to pin them
    - more and better ringtones please
    - easy font +/- in messages
    - No PIN messages? kind if can receive it, I should be able to send it. Plz spend money not on weed, on the good coders and chose ppl younger than 80 + for focus groups.
    - ring tone volume...RIM...can you hear me??? no??? neither do I can here my phone ringing, when pocketed
    - full screen caller id
    - mms settings to allow max message size
    - some icons were smoked out, not designed...pls fix them
    - RSS reader, I am not busy swiping around all the time, plz let me read some news RIM. I know, I know you dont want me to get insulted with info on your stocks, but I am a big boy, give me RSS reader back.
    - podcast app - I am sure, those who removed proper sound profiles could not care less about it. Well most of us do. Give it back.
    - if you copied all the baddies from the frutto phone, plz copy something good to - like Stock app? I guess?
    -Allow sharing contacts via text messages not as V-Card only, but as in-message text (pls see what droidettos do). You removed the BIS and let's say I am roaming. Sorry, but dont want to send it as MMS message. You got it?
    - Pls let me see on the lock screen the name of the song that is playing and the album artwork. Trust me your coders may enjoy putting it in just as much as cutting multiple alarms out.
    - No Auto on/off? Trust me I am not going to play with iphone when Z10 is off - just give it us back.
    - let me able to swipe through all the pics in the mms/message thread? Yeah? Thought you like swiping, RIM?
    - bring me back flag colors. It is fun. Believe or not.
    - Please allow me to move todos from one folder to another one. Logical? Yep. No drinks to the coders until they are done.
    - Make working with notes better. When I want a reminder - let me create one. When I want to create a note - let me have it looking as note. Not half assed something.
    - please kindly note, that when I want to set a reminder, I mean time as much as date. Logical? Yep, I know that "no weed" staff was not fun. Well the fun is over, when I have all of the reminders jumping off the screen at the same time...

I am not an evil guy, so I will be content with the above and then you can party again
    xxslxx, CDM76 and alexmac12345 like this.
    02-14-13 04:29 AM
    1. multiple / customizable sound profiles
    2. multiple alarms
    3. when inside an app, there still should be these little top icons for battery life, network strength, wifi connection ...
    4. the issue within the hub when going back to the last message read (there should be an option to either go into the last message or the hub)
    5. to have an option to PIN active frames, so that you do not have to reopen your favorite app in case you just opened 8 other apps, or just have it at the top position or to have widget like things, so an weather- stock- active frame/widget
    xxslxx and CDM76 like this.
    02-14-13 05:14 AM
    BlackBerry Link to sync with Outlook
    BES 10 to bring back corporate contacts lookup
    BlackBerry Voice to work with BlackBerry visor bluetooth device
    Bring back my BlackBerry Geocache App
    More sound profiles for ringtone, messages and ...
    Rotate Facebook and provide a better FB interface
    R Field likes this.
    02-14-13 07:51 AM
    11. Please, BlackBerry, I like the swiping predictive text feature, but please, I hope that you are still working on this. It isn't there yet... 50% of the time the suggestions are either grammatically incorrect or not the most obvious of the choices that could be presented. For example "I will meet you there at noon". After typing "I will meet" one would think the most logical word to come next would be "you". But the option that hovers over the "Y" key is "your". When it works its great. But it really is a 50% proposition at best.

12. Holding the period key should give us a question mark. Voice dictation could be assigned to another key.

13. The long key presses required for capitilization, hide keyboard, etc. are too long. Shorten them by a millisecond or two please.
    02-14-13 12:05 PM
    Anyone experience any issues with the calculator app? If you launch it, sometimes you can't press the buttons, so you have to close it and launch again.
    alexmac12345 likes this.
    02-14-13 12:59 PM
    A battery percentage indicator.
    mode_m and xxslxx like this.
    02-14-13 10:24 PM
    A battery percentage indicator.
    If you go to settings > about > hardware and scroll down it says the battery percentage there!

02-15-13 03:11 AM
    I was playing with the voice control, and obviously it isn't as natural as Siri, but it works well and the dictation is fairly accurate. There is still some features lacking that would be quite helpful. Voice control for maps in particular would be a welcome improvement. Some example commands I think would be a great to add in:

- Get directions to Home
    - Get directions to John Smith home
    - Show weather for Toronto Canada

Also, some basic functions to check messages would be great while driving. The phone buzzes, but you can't really read messages, so it would be great to have some voice handling for it. Examples:

Command: List recent messages
    Phone: You have recently received 1 BBM and 3 email messages
    Command: Read first BBM
    Phone: BBM from John Smith: Stuck in traffic, I'll be about 20 minutes late for the meeting.

- Or -

Command: List recent messages
    Phone: You have recently received 1 BBM and 3 email messages
    Command: Read last email
    Phone: Email from John Smith. Subject: Meeting postponed
    Phone: Just letting you know the meeting has been postponed until 3pm, sorry for the late notice.

I realize this is a massive task to get the conversation flow working correctly, but it would be amazing if it can be done, even at a basic level. Even more amazing would be the ability to do message searches, replies, etc. Basically a simplified voice controlled version of the hub.

Ahh well, one can dream. Hopefully we can at least get maps and weather search.
    elGuapoTorres, xadium and JAGWIRE like this.
    02-15-13 03:30 AM
    I got my Z10 the say after launch, would if been day of hut I was snowed in at Toronto after the BES conference.

I would say I'm a mild user. I don't use my Z10 for work as I'm just a lonely market researcher but I do use it in my everyday life a food bit. From what I've noticed from around the forums and reading articles online everyone seems to be in the same boat with what needs to be looked at in the next OS update.

Personally I'd like to see:
    1.The major battery drain fixed when using Maps
    2.Every so often my keyboard locks and I can't swipe down to change to characters so I'd like that looked at
    3.I would like to see the BBM app and the BBM in the hub a little more streamlined . As in if I'm on a chat with one person I'd like the same chat open if I go to either BBM app or BBM hub.
    4.My big one is the different volume controls in notifications. Also if BBRY could develop an app to change the LED that would be great as I have yet to see a single DEV do it.
    5.Some tweeks to the native FB app would be nice too. Like the ability to save a picture would be good.

There are five ideas that I can think of on the top of my head. Again I'm sure someone out there has already said them if jot most but there is always safety in numbers.

xxslxx likes this.
    02-15-13 05:18 AM
    Anyone experience any issues with the calculator app? If you launch it, sometimes you can't press the buttons, so you have to close it and launch again.
    This just happened to me last night

02-15-13 05:20 AM
    I got my Z10 the say after launch, would if been day of hut I was snowed in at Toronto after the BES conference.

I would say I'm a mild user. I don't use my Z10 for work as I'm just a lonely market researcher but I do use it in my everyday life a food bit. From what I've noticed from around the forums and reading articles online everyone seems to be in the same boat with what needs to be looked at in the next OS update.

Personally I'd like to see:
    1.The major battery drain fixed when using Maps
    2.Every so often my keyboard locks and I can't swipe down to change to characters so I'd like that looked at
    3.I would like to see the BBM app and the BBM in the hub a little more streamlined . As in if I'm on a chat with one person I'd like the same chat open if I go to either BBM app or BBM hub.
    4.My big one is the different volume controls in notifications. Also if BBRY could develop an app to change the LED that would be great as I have yet to see a single DEV do it.
    5.Some tweeks to the native FB app would be nice too. Like the ability to save a picture would be good.

There are five ideas that I can think of on the top of my head. Again I'm sure someone out there has already said them if jot most but there is always safety in numbers.

I'd like to add another thing lol.
    The ability to put native apps in their own folder. Ive found that you can put something like clock,contacts,nfc ext. in folders bit they had to be made with a none native app first then taken out

02-15-13 05:46 AM
    Got another one. Browser open to bookmarks

BriniaSona and xxslxx like this.
    02-15-13 07:45 AM
    I agree with most who have posted here. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Fix bedside mode. Turning off all notifications automatically is silly. I should be able to select which I will allow or not.
    2. then bedside mode should be automatic when plugged into the charger but not if it automatically shuts out calls or other messages
    3. easier way to control the alarm off versus snooze
    4. I am having some issues with my charging port and twice now it's been plugged in and wasn't charging. When the charger is plugged in a message or some more obvious indication the connection has been made would be useful. See bedside mode above. I have to put glasses on to see the little battery icon has a lightning bolt on it.
    5. I use a Q2 Blueant ear piece most of the time. If you go to watch a video or listen to music you should be able to easily switch audio between bluetooth, speaker and phone. (the 9800 could do this)
    6. I use my phone on vibrate 98% of the time but we need more vibrate options. I don't see the ability to customize the vibrate options for different alerts. On my 9800 I had set BBM messages to vibrate 3 times, Texts were 2 and other messages were 1. When out of the holster it had a different audible response with customized tones for each. It should automatically switch to an audible alert if its on charge since your'e not likely gonna feel a vibration if its not in your pocket.
    7. I think if you switch the phone to landscape then all of the native apps at least should switch too. Watching a video in landscape and then switch back to the home screen and now you have turn your head sideways or remember which way you need to swipe to envoke features.
    8. My rotation lock feature does not seem to work??
    9. should be able to hide some pictures or videos if required and possibly password protect them
    10. I copied all my information from my 9800 torch using Link but as a few other posters noted the Notepad items which were supposed to be imported to Remember did not show up athough the software says they were copied.
    11. I just noticed that when you are viewing a BBM message through the Hub, the phone will switch to landscape when turned but not if you are in the native BBM app?

These are some of the things I have noticed after using the phone for a week. I do love the keyboard and I was very hesitant to give up the physical keyboard of my 9800 Torch but now I'm converted. The items above are obviously software related and could be implemented if Blackberry sees enough requests.

On the hardware side I sure wish the had kept the charge contacts the old pearls and bolds had. I hate fumbling with a micro USB charge cable. The charging pods were the best. Just set the phone in and its charging, some one calls pick it up with no cord. Great for bedside. Even the Torch had a cradle with a charge port built in that holds the phone in landscape mode and makes it an instant alarm clock. They should have built in the Powermat charging capability too. That would be good as well. I will be ordering one of the docking cradles as soon as I can find them available.

Having the USB charge port on the side where it is limits the use of the phone in a landscape mode while on charge with folding cover on it.
    elGuapoTorres, xxslxx and R Field like this.
    02-15-13 09:03 AM
    1. When calendar is minimized I would like the card to differentiate between calendars. For instance if I have two calendars I would like them to be different colours when the card is minimized.

2. Battery % would be nice to have in the top toolbar when you pull down for settings similar to how the date shows up.

3. Ability to pin apps to specific places as others have suggested would be a cool feature and on this same note I think it would be cool to customize the size of the pinned card similar to WP8 so that it can take up either one or two slots -- I would love an app similar to google now where it updates a few things in one card like favourite sports team scores, battery %, weather, etc. I'm willing to have one less app open when the card has been resized to be larger. Not sure if this could be done by pulling in information from apps on the phone (probably not in the API) or by connecting to a known/approved list of compatible RSS feeds. These two features would provide a level of customization that Android users love and the live tile capabilities of WP8 with the all of the other great features of BB10.

I'm loving it so far and not regretting my switch from Android.

What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-bb10-widget.jpg
    Last edited by mode_m; 02-15-13 at 10:36 AM.
    elGuapoTorres and xxslxx like this.
    02-15-13 10:02 AM
1,485 ... 45678 ...