some of these have already been mentioned, but here's my list.

- leaving the hub resets it so I can peek the hub, not my last message
    - data usage monitor, which can be shown on the lock screen maybe
    - ability to pin active frames
    - pause music/sound when a notification comes in and resume after. currently, it just lowers the volume which is sometimes hard to hear over the music.
    - fix the keyboard pop up automatically where it currently does not. had to bring it up where I expected it to show a couple times
    - contact pictures in the hub
    - battery % instead of icon, or both
    - more toggles in drop down
    - ability to change home "buttons" - don't need a dedicated camera button, it's already on the lock screen
    - open app immediately. I don't need to see it transition to the recent app screen then maximize. that can be done in the background
    - event name on lock screen, not just "next event" (it does show I just had it on private )
    - playbook like app switching (swipe from side to side)
    - send auto sms text (time/location based or when rejecting a call)
    - ability to remove icon names. I can see and know what the icon is, why do I need to see the name too?
    - different notifications for different email accounts. I have both work and personal on mine. obviously, my work requires somewhat immediate attention, while others can wait. no balance for me only activesync
    - auto play music when headphones plugged in
    - option to change middle hard key to launch an app or activate silent mode or something
    - auto bed side mode
    - browser toggle between desktop/mobile which is quickly accessible
    - ability to hide apps
    - run apps off of the sd card. though 16 gb is way more than I need. I've only downloaded 4 since I got the phone.

didn't realize how long this list was these arnt deal breakers for me and some could probably be implemented by an app. the pros of this phone far out weigh my wish list. like someone else said, this is just the starting line.
    Last edited by twstd.reality; 02-20-13 at 01:04 AM.
    Camelhmpz and xxslxx like this.
    02-09-13 01:54 AM
    Nothing major, but some minor:

- more than 16 items per folder / pane
    - folder within folder (subfolders)
    - ability to hide icons and hide folders
    - ability to slide down the pane like the PlayBook, to hide or reveal the icons
    - toggle 'show day, date, month' on home screen, right now only shown when locked or when dragging down for the 'settings'
    - toggle hub icon option to 'always show' (along the left side when using the Hub, you can slide a little bit to reveal the list of account icons from top to bottom, it would be cool if they could be toggled to always show and one could scroll up down with finger while each list of messages becomes visible as you scroll - similar to the contacts letter scrolling)
    - omg this phone is so good, sorry if I repeated anything already mentioned - Installed cb10 and just started this typing all excited

Peace

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-09-13 02:00 AM
    The Hub organising itself by message type would be nice but not a big issue, i.e all bbm together all text together. Bedside mode having calls and auto on off for me would be great too. Some more messaging tones would be nice but not essential just a personal preference as they all sound a bit the same to me so if I'm away from it and here it go off I'm not sure what I just got. And in built data useage monitor in settings would be a real A+++ because this thing is a bit of a hog!

02-09-13 02:06 AM
    The ability to dim the brightness even more than we are currently allowed. At night, when I dim it to the minimum the screen still is too bright.

Add an option on the swipe-down menu for fast brightness control.

phylez, shads77, xxslxx and 1 others like this.
    02-09-13 02:26 AM
    Even in bedside mode?

02-09-13 07:38 AM
    - Controllable font size for web pages and e-mails
    - customizable lock screen
    - icon on "home screen" to indicate e-mails unread in the hub (it is there for texts and BBMs)
    - ability to download more than 30 days of ActiveSync e-mail
    - Auto off/on
    - In holster/out of holster profile
    Everything already mentioned about battery (indicator/life)
    xxslxx and R Field like this.
    02-09-13 07:47 AM
    I have a running list.. will turn into an article. It's probably 100 + right now. Lots of little things. A few big ones too like fixing Bedside mode (need Phone Calls Only option and auto turn on with plugin). MANY are on the roadmap already - during our Z10 review process I gave a TON of feedback right back to BlackBerry directly. And odds are good they'll see a thread like this too.

It's clear that they locked things down to make sure they were ready for launch, but that a lot of the stuff pointed out was already slotted to be tweaked up soon. I'm thinking we'll see a maintenance release fairly quick (bug fixes), then a bigger OS update in a few months with more new features.

Definitely keep all the feedback coming and ideas too. Really want to follow this thread to see how everybody's thoughts line up with mine. One thing I've noticed talking to Z10 owners is that everybody seems to have one or two things they really value that are different from other people.

Great thread!
    Kevin or any of the other mods on here, would be a good idea if someone can sticky this at the top of the forum. That way people can just use this thread to post what needs to improve and other tweaks they feel is necessary. Glad your on the ball Kevin, hopefully Blackberry will listen to you and see this thread and make those improvements soon.

One thing id like to see come back is the option of having ther service LED come back, got quite used to having it blink on my 9900 and from what i have read so far, it seems like this option is no longer available.

Please Blackberry make it happen.
    02-09-13 08:10 AM
    More notifications. 15 alike sounding beeps just doesn't cut it for me. OS6 rocked compared to this.
    xxslxx and xiaohuaxing like this.
    02-09-13 08:21 AM
    Hotmail has a number of different calendars associated with my account. For example: public holidays, birthdays etc.
    I would like the ability to switch off birthday calendar and keep public holiday calendar integration.
    Same with Facebook.
    Now I get two or more birthday notifications for the same person if they are on Facebook and Hotmail - mildly annoying.

UberBlackBerry likes this.
    02-09-13 08:47 AM
    More notifications. 15 alike sounding beeps just doesn't cut it for me. OS6 rocked compared to this.
    As did OS7, but maybe The Sultan will release Advanced OS and LED for BB10.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-09-13 09:14 AM
    1. you can have as many as you want saved on either your sd card or device memory
    2. This is exactly how it works, email gets pushed instantaneously to device
    3. This is more carrier dependent than BlackBerry, i can use that function using the mobile network only and many have reported it to be possible depending on the carrier
    I know that it allows us to add as many ringtones as we want, but I was preloaded ringtones. I dont want to have to go and find them. Galaxy S3 had so many preloaded and so did previous BBs. This shouldn't be any different.
    02-09-13 10:08 AM
    I'd like to see full use of all PIM sync features with Exchange 2010 via ActiveSync, like Touchdown for Andoid does ist. My two favorites are:

- Categories for PIM that match your Outlook categories
    - "Make task" and "make event" options when "right-clicking" an E-Mail.

If Touchdown has ist, it would be a shame for BB not to have it ...
    twstd.reality and xxslxx like this.
    02-09-13 10:18 AM
    Pin 2 Pin Messages from BB to BB....
    02-09-13 10:24 AM
    I use the vibrate only profile so the quicker they get the coloured led options back the happier I will be as using this profile gives me no clue as to what has come in at all currently.

GTalk doesn't have an icon for the lock screen so it would be nice to have that fixed too.
    xxslxx and R Field like this.
    02-09-13 10:51 AM
    Kevin or any of the other mods on here, would be a good idea if someone can sticky this at the top of the forum. That way people can just use this thread to post what needs to improve and other tweaks they feel is necessary. Glad your on the ball Kevin, hopefully Blackberry will listen to you and see this thread and make those improvements soon.

One thing id like to see come back is the option of having ther service LED come back, got quite used to having it blink on my 9900 and from what i have read so far, it seems like this option is no longer available.

Please Blackberry make it happen.
    W00t thanks mods for listening to my earlier recommendation. At least this way, this thread doesnt drop down to the lower pages and we get inundated with similar posts
    02-09-13 11:15 AM
    Having tactile haptic feedback incorporated into the BB would be a nice touch as well.
    R Field likes this.
    02-09-13 12:12 PM
    I would like the Hub to default back to the main Hub and not last message read (or not the last folder you were in)
    If they do, it better be just an option. Automatically going out of the last message would annoy me.
    LOL, conflicting needs of BB users. A classic case of what the company is up against.

Personally, defaulting back to the hub works for me. I can't understand why when I select "Hub" it only goes back to the last message.
    CDM76, xxslxx and sbx9900 like this.
    02-09-13 06:12 PM
    1. Option for browser start page to be bookmarks
    2. Attach button on email compose is hidden and keyboard won't go away with simple touch anywhere on the screen as it does in most other apps
    3. Ability to arrange active frames the way we want them. Pin them and have the same frames open on every re-boot
    4. Favorite contacts should appear at the top of every contact list, not just in the contacts app. ie. when composing an email and selecting recipients.
    5. When calling voicemail the screen should default to keypad

Thats just my short list.

I love BB10 and I am super excited to see what is yet to come from BlackBerry in the coming months as this thing really gets rolling.
    xxslxx, daad20001 and LAZYMAN 91 like this.
    02-09-13 06:21 PM
    Sound profiles like in BB7. Why would they even think not to include this feature?
    netwerx1, xxslxx and mzceetee like this.
    02-09-13 06:54 PM
    1: The ability to create a Sound/Notification profiles like OS6 etc! How has this been left out!??!!
    On my 9700 I had: Loud for outdoors with sounds around 9-10, Normal for indoors at 6-7 , Medium for at home at around 5, Plus I set up a Night profile with sounds around 2 or 3.
    2: Then in Bedside mode make it able to select the profile to use like OS6 etc . I set beside mode to switch to Night mode. So I still had notifications with phone calls slightly louder than the rest for emergencies but they weren't wake-you-up-in-a-panic loud.
    3: The swipe down settings menu should have a few more features like toggling connections like it currently has, but also screen brightness, and sound profiles.
    4: When opening an app, or even clicking something in the swipe down settings, there is no need to first show the active frames page and then open the app
    5: Option for browser start page to be bookmarks
    6: Swipe to the right to switch between open apps. I realize there can be no left swipe as that is the hub swipe, but swiping to the right could rotate thru the open apps. Not necessary but an idea.
    7: Make the BBM active frame (and I guess other active frames) image a shrunk version or a summary image of what was showing when you were in the app. Currently the BBM active frame randomly displays profile pics or status updates for all friends.
    8: In the hub when you drag down you currently see events for today and tomorrow. Make it so you see the next 3-5 events regardless of when they are.
    02-09-13 08:09 PM
    RE: about the hub returning to the hub and not the last message - it is actually quite useful the way it is right now. Try getting into a conversation with someone via text or BBM while reading something on a webpage. I had this happen yesterday and being able to switch between the conversation and the website with a single gesture was awesome.

I could see a feature where a timer was involved. If you are in a text message, leave the hub, and then go back to the hub less than 30 seconds later, you go back to the text message. If longer than 30 seconds, you default to the main hub.
    02-09-13 09:43 PM
    Since I know allot of people are going to mention the major things, I just want to ask for now anyway, that BlackBerry please give me back the little send/receive data arrow over the signal bars in the top right hand corner when transmitting and receiving data. I really miss it.
    02-09-13 09:44 PM
    i kind of wish i could see bbm status's in my hub. then i'd have no need to ever have bbm open or as an active frame. battery percent would be nice, as i'm sure has been pointed out. my delete prior button doesn't work. a couple other small odds and ends like i've noticed i'm missing some status updates that a friend will comment on about a mutual friend that didn't show up for me.

all in all, if they did NO released i'd still be happy with this phone.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-09-13 11:17 PM
    I don't have a z10 yet, but am I the only one that thinks that there should be a dedicated text message inbox/app along with the continued integration in the hub?
    02-09-13 11:21 PM
    I don't have a z10 yet, but am I the only one that thinks that there should be a dedicated text message inbox/app along with the continued integration in the hub?
    when you go all the way to the left you can hit hub or you can hit "bbm, text message, email, etc" to go into just those lists - if that's what you're asking.
    02-09-13 11:36 PM
1,485 1234 ...