1. To decrease display brightness more and more in the q10 as it hurts my eyes on the bed
    2. To enable/disable the keyboard light
    yuvaraki likes this.
    01-05-15 10:19 PM
    I'd like to see landscape mode on/in home screen!
    yuvaraki likes this.
    01-08-15 03:31 PM
    I'm not sure how a poll is an improvement over this thread.
    Any BlackBerry developer who is working on the OS upgrades can come to this thread for ideas. They aren't obligated to accept any of the ideas, but a discussion can provide more detail than a poll can.

Hi everyone,

As we all know, OS10 still has lots of nagging issues and missing features from OS7. Unfortunately, with everyone posting their requests in a forum setting, the detail gets lost and as a result there is nothing actionable for the decision makers at Blackberry to based their roadmap on. As new Blackberry Classic owner, I really want this device to be as great as it can be and so I've decided to take a stab at trying to provide a better means for everyone to easily vote on the features they'd like to see worked on next and provide clear visuals on what is most wanted.

I have created a poll using polldaddy.com and attached it to a blog post on my website. I have added a list of issues to start off that I've noticed with my Classic but the hope is that we can build this into a "single source of truth" that everyone here can collectively contribute to.

Please take a moment to vote for the features you'd most like to see in the next major update of OS 10. I have added a starter list of 13 features I'd like to see but this is just intended to get the ball rolling. Please use either the "other" box or the comments (either on the polldaddy website or my blog) to provide the suggestions you'd want. Also, please spread the word on the existance of this poll. This is only useful if we can achieve a critical mass. You can also vote directly by visiting http[colon]//poll[dot]fm/536y9

The blog post (along with details of what is involved with each request is available at):
    http[colon]//pleasework[dot]robbievance[dot]net/blackberry-10-3-2-feature-requests-poll/

If you guys add new requests, I promise to update the poll with them.

Let's see if this is crazy enough to actually accomplish anything. That all depends on you! Thanks everyone!

- Robbie

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:16 AM
    I'm currently on 10.3.0.908.

It seems like the legacy BlackBerry I used years ago offered customization with respect to sound profiled that BB10 doesn't offer.

Also, I have used phones in the past that could automatically adjust screen brightness to reflect the amount of light in the immediate surroundings.... That would be a nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:24 AM
    I'd love to see the ability to copy and paste images directly into SMS messages like iPhone and Android can. I keep sending the link or saving the picture and attaching it.
    Take a screen shot

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    01-14-15 09:54 AM
    It would be better if they introduce the option to change font style for all input languages.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    01-15-15 11:31 AM
    My ideas:

I NEED these things as water:

- Multiple selection of messages in HUB with two fingers gesture as It was on BB OS 6 (I don't know how they don't put that on BB OS 10)
    - Off-On/Flight Mode device scheduler. Allow apps to put the phone on fly mode or add a scheduler for put the phone in fly-mode as we had on previous BB OS for On-Off. I know there is a Bedside mode, but i need to enable it manually. I could manually enable fly mode too.
    - Gestures to go to next/previous message in hub as it was on BB OS 6
    - Section on HUB to see all email accounts. If I want to see only emails now I need to see only one email account each time.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    01-16-15 03:53 AM
    I have several tweaks.

1) I want to see BB work out a deal with Google for Google services. I have two REALLY favorite apps that use it (Informant and Transit). And, of course, there's being able to fully use things like Maps.

2) Email. The newest Gmail, besides now handling other mail services, has a great time saving function for images. Instead of always downloading or always asking if I want to download images, there's a third option. When I agree to download images in an email, I'm then asked if I want to always download images for thatr account. I can say yes or ignore the question. But it saves time for the few where I always want to see the images and trust the sender.
    01-16-15 11:24 AM
    I'd like to have posibility to choice to dark or bright menu/theme in HUB also of course
    01-16-15 07:16 PM
    Features i'm waiting for are mainly GTD upgrading :
    - Lockscreen : Systematic 5 next tasks / appointments on lockscreen
    - HUB : Quick access (1-click) to email foders (shortcuts) I use them (answer / todo)
    - Remember : Syncing flagged email due date with exchange server
    - Remember : Creating multiple folders for flagged email (project or location or priority), actually it seems that we cant move flagged email within remember.
    - "Reminder Now" app upgrade and integration within remember, compatibility with Personnal Assistant.
    01-17-15 02:30 AM
    I forgot to include a third. I get two daily emails with listings of free and discounted Kindle ebooks. Those prices are usually good for only one or two days. Clicking the link on my Passport takes me to a mobile page for that book that only allows me to wishlist it, not get it. Which means I have to get to another device or open my Android browser and search for the book. That wasn't an issue on Android. I'd really like an option, either overall or on a case by case basis, to select the browser used.
    01-17-15 03:37 PM
    This just occurred to me.
    Locating various types of files can be a nightmare with BlackBerry.
    If you uninstall an app, pictures, music, and so on can inadvertently get deleted as well. I don't know if this is typical of any other operating system, but I'd like the option of being able to control where saved files end up.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:51 PM
    This just occurred to me.
    Locating various types of files can be a nightmare with BlackBerry.
    If you uninstall an app, pictures, music, and so on can inadvertently get deleted as well. I don't know if this is typical of any other operating system, but I'd like the option of being able to control where saved files end up.

Posted via CB10
    Just a thought. Ghost Commander is a two pane file manager for Android that works on BB10. Yes, I like to see where my files end up instead of guessing. But, if there are pics or music files, you could move or copy them before you delete the app. And, since Ghost Commander can create folders and access the external SD card, you can choose where you place the files. Just a thought.
    01-19-15 10:09 AM
    Thanks. Will check it out.

Just a thought. Ghost Commander is a two pane file manager for Android that works on BB10. Yes, I like to see where my files end up instead of guessing. But, if there are pics or music files, you could move or copy them before you delete the app. And, since Ghost Commander can create folders and access the external SD card, you can choose where you place the files. Just a thought.
    01-19-15 05:11 PM
    Be able to remove formatting when pasting text. Right now I have the problem that the text I copied has a green background and when I paste it into an email, it contains this gray background that I can't remove. Worse, typing text after the paste continues with this gray background color.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 05:58 AM
    Night theme or dark theme, IOS planning to get that feature
    01-24-15 11:32 AM
    What I find lacking in BB10 (I have Passport and had Q10):

(If some of this lacking functionality is already present in some form, please enlight me).

(1) Saved searches in Hubs.
    I have several searches which I have to repeat over and over again (e.g. "amazon locker" to find amazon locker codes).
    I would like to have an ability to save those searches, so I could just access them as yet another tab in BB Hub.

(2) Friendliness to data-only mobile plans.
    I use data-only mobile plan. Most of time I spent in Wi-Fi areas (home, work etc.). All this time I do not need cell turned on.
    However I do not see a way to do it automatically.
    Option to automatically turn off cellular connection while connected to Wi-Fi could significantly increase battery life.

(3) Friendliness to data-only mobile plans.
    I use data-only mobile plan. Thus I do not need this standard phone app icon in left bottom corner.
    Instead I want VOIP app icon in its place. Alternatively I would greatly appreciate if SIP support will be incorporated into standard phone app.
    01-24-15 07:06 PM
    What I'd like to see is BlackBerry working very proactively with vendors to facilitate network testing so that when an OS update is developed, it is released quickly to all users.
    01-27-15 12:08 PM
    Small tweak: be able to make any notification whatever sound you want, ala the legacy devices.
    I'm not a fan of some notifications basically giving you one or two sound options and no choice to add your own.
    01-30-15 09:24 AM
    It is very nice!
    02-06-15 08:47 AM
    M not sure if someone has olready posted dis but I would really love to have a feature or atleast an app to lock hub n certain apps like SMS, gallary n other apps which I don't want a third person to explore while using my phone..

Also, I would like to see a special effect while opening an app or closing an app from the active frame. Also ability to apply several effects to navigate through the app drawer. It would give more customizable n personalized option.

An app or feature like mini launcher or pointer (available in Google play but not working on my z10) so that I could directly see ma most used apps or recently used apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:43 AM
    Here's a good one:

Fix the damn double typing in the browser.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-08-15 07:48 AM
  23. i_love_sachintendulkar_my_z10's Avatar
    Battery saving mode

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3442
    02-18-15 11:41 AM
    I want a quick boot.... takes too long which is annoying at times..!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3442
    02-18-15 11:56 AM
    I want a quick boot.... takes too long which is annoying at times..!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3442
    The loading time is the system verifying all of the security. No way around this.
    02-18-15 01:36 PM
1,485 ... 5354555657 ...