Create a calendar event with a contact or a phone number form HUB.

Currently it is available only if a contact has an email address.

Thank you
    02-15-14 03:37 PM
    Two things, one of which is really a re - arrangement of sorts. When you switch to mass storage, the slider should be at the top and away from such things as erase and format. Only makes sense to help protect your data from accidental erasure. The other thing is to put a timer on bedside mode enable! Why with an advanced piece of hardware we would have to do this is beyond me. Maybe it has been overlooked but to automatically go to bedside mode every night at 9 or 10 o'clock just makes sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:44 AM
    I posted this on another thread, but I'd like to share it here too...

For the rumored 10.3 update, I'd like to see...

Camera app:
    - Manual camera mode, where everything is manually adjusted. Like ISO, exposure, etc.)
    - Panorama mode
    - Audio noise cancellation on video recording needs to be removed (on Z10): It's a video, of course the audio doesn't need to be noise-suppressed, everything sounds so muffled, like what the heck, I'm not even covering the mic holes.
    - Fix for the video recording autofocus bug on 10.2.1: When I record videos, it does not do autofocus, it's like it's locked, but literally it isn't.

Contacts/Phone app:
    - Probably these two apps should be integrated into one
    - Option to import contacts from VCF files. Ehem BlackBerry, you know many of your users switched from Android phones...

Music Player:
    - EQUALIZER: I have the Neutron player but I really like the stock player.
    - Visualization effects: I don't why it should have this, but hey, it's nice to listen to music while viewing glowing/moving shiznit on your phone's beautiful screen.

Photo app:
    - More filters: Probably more of these, it's fun to add filters to photos.

Core System:
    - Ability to access the Notifications/Quick controls center everywhere: Just like iOS or some Android UI's like Samsung's Touchwiz, pulling down from the top of the screen gives you access to the notification/quick controls center.
    - Updated Android emulator/runtime: Probably 4.4 KitKat, with more functions and access to phone's hardware/features thus supporting more apps.
    - Dark theme for the BlackBerry Hub: This should be pleasant for the eye.
    - New accessibility feature: Mono audio hearing - Just like on iOS, it's for listening on earphones on one side only. I do this a lot.
    - Instant unlock: When I type my password upon unlocking the device, I want my phone to unlock instantly when I hit the LAST DIGIT of my password, no need to press the "OK" button.
    - Lockscreen widgets: like weather, lol.
    - Instant Mass storage mode: Whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB, I'd like an option to turn on Mass storage mode instantly, or at least a pop-up to appear whether to switch it on or not.
    02-16-14 09:54 AM
    Hiding your private photos is at the top of the list for me right now.
    Zip the folder. Pictures in it won't be shown in gallery and you can still watch it by using file manager
    Borough likes this.
    02-17-14 10:31 AM
    Not sure if it's been posted yet but I'd like to see being able to password protect photos like you used to be able to do on legacy devices. Even better would be to password protect file folders. (and no I don't have a bunch of rude pictures!)

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:50 PM
    I would like to see the apps that are displayed in a folder match the northwest icons. It a minor frustration but it gets me every time. I look at the folder and want the app below the top one but when I open the folder it's not there anymore. It has jumped up beside the one in the right. So if it would display 1256 instead of 1234 it might feel more fluid.

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    02-17-14 10:05 PM
    Privacy Browsing option which perpetuates upon Browser restarts. I want it enabled for every browsing session without having to enable the option every time.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    02-18-14 01:37 AM
    I'd love to see the ability to pin active frames on the home screen, so that apps like weather, device manager, etc. would stay at the top and not move around when other apps are opened.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    02-18-14 06:54 AM
    I want to see better notifications of email account errors. I don't want my device to overheat because only the mail storage is disconnected and not know PIM services is draining the battery. Hopefully, there could be hub notifications of rogue processes.

Also, to be able to use P and N in the Hub after double tapping to view an email from the lock screen. I should not have to swipe away and select another email for the keyboard shortcuts to activate.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 02-21-14 at 04:28 AM.
    02-18-14 09:53 AM
    I already wrote some of the features that I want to see, but there are some more that I want to see that didn't come to my mind. Some apps like music and video apps need to be upgraded, would like to see subtitles support and equaliser. I want to see an application similar to Automator (runs on OS X). Somebody mentioned automatic turning off/on of the bed side mode, I would like to see this feature too. And as I mentioned in the other post, location based notifications, MIDI over USB, upgrade to the active frames.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 10:17 AM
    If I can put my contribution here in this sticky, I'm gonna gladly do it. Not for the sake of double posting, but for a better overall exposure. At least we all can build a better, more cohesive, imaginative cloud which can/will be very useful for BB system developers.

I agree with the above posters, that we absolutely need: panorama, flexible USB mass storage management, manual camera, more comprehensive photo editing functions, equalizer, visualizations (but advanced ones, like a fine Deprez-instrument for example), vcf, consistent, universal landscape modes AND configurable call screen options.

My suggestions:

- A file manager which is able to see the whole content of the phone without having to switch between device & card. The constant switching is maddening!!!

- A dedicated instant Close button for the foreground app. I love in my bada phone the physical buttons (accept call/open - reject call/close), and I hate iOS, Android and BB10 for the unnecessary movements I have to make. If I want to put the apps to the background, OK, I swipe upwards; no prob. But if I want to close it, I don't want to swipe THEN click the �. This way the system stays organized and I don't have to close countless opened/idling/background processes.

- Light/dark theme for the entire phone, consistently.

- One touch Home

- SIGNIFICANTLY MORE video codecs!

- Better sync with Outlook (I have to insert a "+" in front of my ALL contacts, because the country code interpretation somehow misses them

- 5.1 sound with DSP effects

- To be in line with the BB gesture approach, it would be beneficial to implement the VERY clever and ergonomic Samsung TouchWiz feature, the swipe to call & swipe to text. Simply swipe right over a contact to call, and swipe left to compose a text message. Nothing is easier and more intuitive. You dont have to click on the contact just to click again for the desired action.

- More and sophisticated factory ringtones WITH increasing ring volume

- On the pull-down menu's Notification button, there should be a "Silent" option too, not just "Vibrate only"

- Factory "Briefing Mode" - the same as the Flip Sush app

- Automatic speakerphone function when putting down the phone to the table etc.

- Playing swf images (simple games etc.)

- Fill the space button with functions! Instead of closing the keyboard with a long push (which is basically the 3rd, redundant, unnecessary way) a long push should bring out frequently used characters like , @ - / ! ?

- Full accentuation of vowels, because for example in my mother tongue (Hungarian) "sz�r" and "szőr" is absolutely not interchangeable.

- Fully configurable fake call

- Separate volume control for the system itself (including shutter sounds), for the media files, call volume; according to the actual modes respectively.

Is it overblown? Nope, my 3 year old Wave has these functions (and more). Without apps, mind you, simply out of the box.

- Ohh almost forgot: it would be useful if we could merge contacts. I have a couple of contacts from earlier, forgotten notes, synced contacts under different names (nicks vs real names). So it would be really easy to merge them. The phone could combine the infos and ask at the end which name I 'd like to keep. Like combine contacts on iOS.

EDIT:
    - Slow motion recording (60 & 120 fps)

- FWD & REV buttons on the players
    And yes, I miss the programmable on/off functions since my old Siemens M35i phones...
    02-18-14 08:56 PM
    To get notified about specific BBM contact when his/her status is "Available" for BBM Calls
    02-20-14 10:01 AM
    Create a calendar event with a contact or a phone number form HUB.

Currently it is available only if a contact has an email address.

Thank you
    And not automatically send the contact(s) selected an invite if there is an email address.
    I want to add this to MY calendar ONLY as a reminder. Just like you would if you were hand writing in an appointment book.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:11 AM
    And not automatically send the contact(s) selected an invite if there is an email address.
    I want to add this to MY calendar ONLY as a reminder. Just like you would if you were hand writing in an appointment book.

Posted via CB10
    Already is an option to send or not send an invite.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-20-14 10:40 AM
    I need a bigger voice command button. I use it lots when I'm driving but it's difficult to hold that period down when the car is bouncing around. Maybe move it over behind the send button then I can pinch the bottom corner of my Z10 to get at it.
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_20140220_182230.png

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    02-20-14 05:26 PM
    Option to disable the "auto-rotation of screen", specially in Z10. There are times that I lay on my bed and the screen turns in landscape mode though I just want to view it vertically.
    02-20-14 07:34 PM
    Option to disable the "auto-rotation of screen", specially in Z10. There are times that I lay on my bed and the screen turns in landscape mode though I just want to view it vertically.
    There is a rotation lock in the drop down settings. Is this what you're looking for?

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    02-20-14 08:15 PM
    @jabroniw

Dang, I feel so stupid.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 09:53 PM
    Im having problem in updating my BlackBerry z10..whenever I update it. It always say "software update is interrupted". What I will do?
    02-22-14 08:56 AM
    Wider ribbon bars for calendar input. A lot of guy's fingers need more space to more easily input dates and times.
    02-23-14 07:34 PM
    How about two fingers swipe to access quick settings while in app?
    Two fingers swipe down to reveal quick settings to turn on landscape mode, flashlight, Bluetooth etc without leaving the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:15 AM
    I'd like to be able to swipe up to switch between apps when the keyboard is active. At the moment you have to get rid of the keyboard before you can swipe up.

Id like the open apps to be displayed as their icons, not windows in to the app. That would make it easier to identify the app I'm switching to.

I'd like to be able to go landscape in BBM. And not just from the hub.
    Last edited by Mellfee; 02-26-14 at 04:19 PM.
    02-26-14 03:34 PM
    More of a bug, but mark all read doesn't work after pinch to zoom to show all unread messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 10:38 PM
    Mark all read also doesn't work on some notifications. Usually a text for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:16 AM
    So i just got my first BB10 device and i love it. But the software does need some tweaks which i am sure people have mentioned before but i think i need to add my 2 bits:-

1) The unpside down gesture should always take you to your Hub section of your Hub. This is also from within the hub. I am often confused for a couple of seconds when i do the reverse L and it goes into the home screen because i replied to a whatsapp message from the hub, but at other times it goes the hub because i replied from whatsapp.
    Also when i get the blinky LED notification and i do the reverse L and im taken to some email i just viewed in the hub. The whole point of having a Hub and the quick gesture is lost.
    2) The quick settings on the top of the screen should actually be quick settings. If i press the wifi button, it should just connect to wifi (if it is on, turn it off and vice versa) and connect to the access points on my saved list or just find a nearby access point. If the flight mode button and the rotation lock button can work like this, why can the bluetooth and wifi buttons not do that? (on a side note, did you know that if you press on the 'bell" next to the notifications, it will toggle silent....thats spiffy)

Just doing those two things will increase my addiction to my blackberry. I did not get this phone for playing games even though they are there.....
    OH... and plz plz plz port some version of the news feed reader..... i cant believe how much i miss it from my old 9360

The following arent trivial so i can understand why they wouldnt be easily done...but some implementation would be good

3) mark all read.
    4) when it opens a whatsapp chat, dont automatically assume i want to type something. it is particularly irritating when i reverse L, my recent 'event' was a chat, so to access my text messages i first have to press on the screen to remove the keyboard, swipe left to right to leave that particular chat, the left to right again to access my hub options, then select that particular option which i want. I realize that the keyboard is only active if i leave it in an active state, but i think it would be a reasonable assumption that if i have swiped away from it, you can close the keyboard.
    03-01-14 01:43 AM
1,485 ... 4445464748 ...