Can someone explain to me the difference between your BlackBerry ID and your BlackBerry account email (which I thought was my user ID).

Secondly, why would you delete the ID to fix device problems? Isn't it just a cloud ID?

Posted via CB10
    I did not try to delete my blackberry Id. I was trying to reset the password but instead ended up deleting it by mistake. Now it affects my z10 and playbook,
    08-26-15 08:09 AM
    I did not try to delete my blackberry Id. I was trying to reset the password but instead ended up deleting it by mistake. Now it affects my z10 and playbook,
    It's gone man just start over. You won't find anything better on android by the way. They don't even have software capable of backing up your entire phone.
    08-26-15 08:30 AM
    It's gone man just start over. You won't find anything better on android by the way. They don't even have software capable of backing up your entire phone.
    I did move on. I was able to backup everything prior the wipe. Contacts and files.

I bought an lg g4. However, I still deserve my z10 to be operational.
    08-26-15 06:42 PM
    I did move on. I was able to backup everything prior the wipe. Contacts and files.

I bought an lg g4. However, I still deserve my z10 to be operational.
    It sounds like its out of warranty and you are SOL.
    08-26-15 07:49 PM
    It sounds like its out of warranty and you are SOL.
    Update.

Blackberry has not solved my problem yet.

After many emails and phone calls. They asked me to send some of my id by email and weeks after that. They have asked me to send the phone to them. I got a phone call from fedex about a pkg I have to pick up to send the phone to them.

This is actually very sad that they need the phone to fix this. A z10 that in market value is not even $100.00

This is costing blackberry a lot in hours customer of customer reps and tech repair.

Its actually very sad.
    09-09-15 11:54 PM
    Update.

Blackberry has not solved my problem yet.

After many emails and phone calls. They asked me to send some of my id by email and weeks after that. They have asked me to send the phone to them. I got a phone call from fedex about a pkg I have to pick up to send the phone to them.

This is actually very sad that they need the phone to fix this. A z10 that in market value is not even $100.00

This is costing blackberry a lot in hours customer of customer reps and tech repair.

Its actually very sad.
    Having reread this thread again, I still don't see how BlackBerry's to blame for this.

Posted via CB10
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    09-10-15 07:02 AM
    Having reread this thread again, I still don't see how BlackBerry's to blame for this.

Posted via CB10
    If you read the tread.

Did you read blackberry reponse on how often this happens on how it happened on my case?

What is the purpose of this security feature if even if you recover your phone after lost/stolen is still a brick?

What is the purpose of this feature if someone can still use your phone and access all the files? Notice, I did not lose any info after losing my blackberry id cause i still had my device password.

Why they need the phone to fix it?

The only benefit of this feature is in case you lose your device and you dont expect to get it ever again and you only own a single device with the same blackberry id. Cause it will affect your other decices too.
    09-10-15 08:04 AM
    Hey, yesterday i got a friend who tried to reset his id password.
    It also deleted his whole BlackBerry ID and he made a new one...
    This offcourse left his phone useless because of the BlackBerry protect feature...
    BUT, BlackBerry gave me a direct phone number which my friend has to handle over to the shop where his leap comes from.
    The shop has to call BlackBerry and BlackBerry wil tell them to replace the device. (we had been on the phone with customer service for 1h)

So he doesn't have to wait 2-4weeks, he get's a new one straight on!
    Offcourse he was pissed that he messed it up but he also was happy that BlackBerry handled it this way.
    So maybe you should have asked a bit more, cause they will easely replace the device....

Posted via CB10
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    09-10-15 08:22 AM
    If you read the tread.

Did you read blackberry reponse on how often this happens on how it happened on my case?

What is the purpose of this security feature if even if you recover your phone after lost/stolen is still a brick?

What is the purpose of this feature if someone can still use your phone and access all the files? Notice, I did not lose any info after losing my blackberry id cause i still had my device password.

Why they need the phone to fix it?

The only benefit of this feature is in case you lose your device and you dont expect to get it ever again and you only own a single device with the same blackberry id. Cause it will affect your other decices too.
    You don't understand much of this. THERE IS NO FIX OTHER THAN REPLACE YOUR PHONE.

1. You didn't follow standard procedure. This is not a typical use case.

2. It is intended for the device to be NFG in this case. Once it is lost/stolen, its disabled. This is how my credit cards and debit cards operate if I report it stolen. I can't call them up and say, "oops, I found it in my desk drawer. Please reactivate it". Otherwise, thieves will find out how to reverse the phone lock (you did see that the iPhone lock was able to be bypassed by faking the Apple server, right?). There is likely OTP (one-time-programmable) bits that are set and are permanently set.

3. How would the person use your phone and access all the files if you still have a device password set? If they can still access it, then they have your device password, no? If they have your device password, wtf is your expectation that a BBID will prevent them from accessing your device?

4. Any time they replace a phone, you need the old one back. Whether its for warranty or customs purposes, or for the technical analysis of "what happened, how do you unf&ck it now?".

This is not a feature. They don't intend for you to do what you did. You are blaming them for not having enough ***** proof detection. You should be thanking them for all the effort they are going through (for out of warranty phone, no less) instead of complaining about being in such a spot in the first place for not paying attention to something super critical.
    Jamaa, kgbbz10, Joshu42 and 2 others like this.
    09-10-15 07:41 PM
    Spoken like a BOSS.
    Nailed it perfectly dude.

You da man!

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2339
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    09-10-15 08:21 PM
60 123