09-10-15 08:21 PM
60 123
tools
    Right you are assuming there is nothing BlackBerry can do about it. And we are all assuming the OP is being honest about what happened.
    Oh, I thought the general consensus was that it was the OPs fault that he lost his BBid. And even if Blackberry cannot recover his BBid is not an issue. My take is that he should not have brought it up here given the way the forum behaves.

It isn't the past. They have a new virus going on now, that infects the phone through a text, which does NOT infect BlackBerry. They have malware galore, they NEED antivirus software, there are NO viruses for BlackBerry. You are talking out of your ***.
    So what if you have a lock on your front door, how is it going to help you recycled your hype if you leave the house with the door opened.
    08-17-15 12:25 PM
    Oh, I thought the general consensus was that it was the OPs fault that he lost his BBid. And even if Blackberry cannot recover his BBid is not an issue. My take is that he should not have brought it up here given the way the forum behaves.

So what if you have a lock on your front door, how is it going to help you recycled your hype if you leave the house with the door opened.
    What you are missing here is Android will allow ppl to enter your house even with the door locked by opening the backdoor for them. While BlackBerry will shot them in the nuts for even looking at the house, they will not gain access. Get it now? Lol

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 12:30 PM
    What you are missing here is Android will allow ppl to enter your house even with the door locked by opening the backdoor for them. While BlackBerry will shot them in the nuts for even looking at the house, they will not gain access. Get it now? Lol

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    As with any platform out there, popularity is a huge factor in the number of exploits. If iOS, BB10, or Windows made up 80%-90% of the smartphone market, those platforms would be a target for malware, and not Android. The fact is that BB10 and Windows are currently mostly protected by obscurity.

Note that I am not defending Android. It is a pretty terribly designed OS, as evident by the astronomical spec requirements needed to just get near "good" user experience. Security on it is probably even worse.
    08-17-15 12:37 PM
    No, I don't get why you insist all Android users got the same problem. I would think that out of the millions of Android phones (which is much much more than Blackberry) by the way, a good size portion of these users are smart enough to avoid it. Or your experience told you otherwise. And did Blackberry guarantee that the Android runtime in BB10 is completely safe?, of course they must have it is a Blackberry isn't it
    08-17-15 12:37 PM
    No, I don't get why you insist all Android users got the same problem. I would think that out of the millions of Android phones (which is much much more than Blackberry) by the way, a good size portion of these users are smart enough to avoid it. Or your experience told you otherwise. And did Blackberry guarantee that the Android runtime in BB10 is completely safe?, of course they must have it is a Blackberry isn't it
    The android runtime is an emulator. It doesn't grant access to the BlackBerry OS so viruses and malware cannot infect it. Have you read nothing about your BlackBerry phone? Do you even have a BlackBerry phone?

I never said every android phone is infected, I said the android OS is capable of being infected, has tons of viruses and malware and with Google all your privacy is gone. It's a ****ty OS, the user interface is appalling, being forced to use Google apps to do simple tasks is the worst idea ever. I have been an android user for many years, and I've been a happy BlackBerry 10 user since it came out. I know what I speak of bc I've used it, I've seen others phones, and I read. I'm not just talking out my *** bc I prefer BlackBerry, I'm saying what is true bc it's true.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    rayporsche and muindor like this.
    08-17-15 12:48 PM
    No, I mean if your BBid is gone, or you forgot your password, Blackberry won't be able to help you with it. You just have to start over completely with a new BBid. Anything wrong with this?
    Yes, unfortunately that's the way it is. Nothing wrong imo. Though with latest 10.3.2 builds if you don't have your old BlackBerry id and password and don't reset it beforehand via email then that phone will be unusable if it gets factory reset (with the BlackBerry id and password you don't know.)

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 01:32 PM
    OP could have tried this first.

"How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password?

You can have the instructions about resetting your BlackBerry ID password sent to the email address that you use as your BlackBerry ID username. For security reasons, your BlackBerry ID password can't be reset for you.

Do one of the following:

To reset your password on a computer, visit BlackBerry ID - BlackBerry Login - Sign In to Apps & Services - US. Click Reset your password. Complete the instructions on the screen.

To reset your password on your BlackBerry device, when you are prompted to sign in with your BlackBerry ID, click Forgot Password. Answer your security question and complete the instructions on the screen.

Once you have completed the steps above, you will receive a password reset email. If you complete the steps to reset your password on a computer, the password reset email can only be viewed on a computer and isn't delivered to your device. If you follow the steps to reset your password on your device, the password reset email will be delivered to your device. Complete the instructions in the email to reset your BlackBerry ID password."
    08-17-15 03:01 PM
    Update.

Its being another week and blackberry still has not solved the issue.

They have made me sent another email with picture of my Id (cause previous id sent had no picture as my driver licence was being renewed, my luck and timing lol) If you ever have to do that, send it with small size as their email can't handle large attachments. My new phone somehow gives you the option to chose the size of the pic. First emails were not successful cause the attachment was large.

Anyhow, you guys believe cause I made a mistake , all my blackberry devices deserve their fate.

I repeat. You don't need the password to delete the blackberry id. While I have not being able to find the option to delete the id the way I did it. I will find out and I will post it here as any ***** who finds your phone can do it too (in case lost of stolen).

Also, while I bought a new lg g4 and I'm enjoying it so far. It feels like a powerful toy with a free/cheap OS. I miss my hub too.

I feel sorry for those of you who think this blackberry id is working great cause is not.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-21-15 10:31 PM
    If they know your BlackBerry ID password, which they won't.
    Not true. I think I found how I deleted mine
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000036188

"OVERVIEW

If you are*unable*to*login*to*your*BlackBerry*ID*account* and*cannot*answer the password recovery question or access the email inbox associated with your BlackBerry ID, you will not be able to sign in or regain access to the BlackBerry ID account. The only option is to delete*the account and create a new one. Deleting*the BlackBerry ID account allows for creation of a new BlackBerry ID account using the same email address,*however,*it*will*also*complete*the*follow ing:

Delete the BlackBerry ID accountDelete all BBM contactsDelete all BlackBerry World purchasesRemove the ability to restore any previous BlackBerry 10 smartphone backups (restore requires the same BlackBerry ID account)

Warning:*Deleting*the BlackBerry ID is an*irreversible*action and*should only be completed as a final troubleshooting step*if all other options have been exhausted.

Warning:*If running BlackBerry 10 OS version*10.3.2 and above with the BlackBerry Protect Anti-theft feature enabled*you must disable BlackBerry*Protect*before deleting the BlackBerry ID account. To disable BlackBerry Protect before*deleting*the*BlackBerry*ID*account*access*S ettings*-*BlackBerry Protect, toggle the BlackBerry Protect option to*OFF*and enter the BlackBerry ID password to complete the change.*For further details on the BlackBerry Protect Anti-theft feature see*KB36737.

If you know the answer to your Password Recovery Question and would like to keep your existing BlackBerry ID account,*you*can*reset the BlackBerry ID password."
    _--------_----------------------------

Now, the above totally explain how to do it. The only thing required is access to the email account related to the BlackBerry id. Which you have on your phone of course.

08-21-15 10:41 PM
    I dunno what this clown is on about. You can't wipe or delete a BBID from a phone without knowing the password into the phone and the password associated with your BBID.
    You don't know what you are talking about. The clown is you.

08-21-15 10:45 PM
    What's the purpose of this? If someone steals my phone. Why would I delete the BlackBerry id.

The thief most likely will reset the blackberry id as he has access to the email trough my phone and even change the password of my own email through my phone as well....... Or simply delete the id to screw all my other devices with the same blackberry id.

The important thing should be the phone password which only I know.

Again, this BlackBerry id security is just stupid.

08-21-15 10:52 PM
    Wait, let me get this clear
    If my phone is stolen but it is password protected and has blackberry protect ON, the user (thief) can delete my BBID ?? :O

Posted via CB10
    Well. They'll fail the 10 attempts and the phone should then auto wipe itself.

08-21-15 10:58 PM
    I repeat. You don't need the password to delete the blackberry id. While I have not being able to find the option to delete the id the way I did it. I will find out and I will post it here as any ***** who finds your phone can do it too (in case lost of stolen).
    Sure. If the phone is unprotected.

If your whole phone is password locked as it should be if you care about security, then no they can't delete your BlackBerry ID. They can't get in at all. But it will security wipe itself after 10 failed login attempts.

08-21-15 11:06 PM
    OP could have tried this first.

"How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password?

You can have the instructions about resetting your BlackBerry ID password sent to the email address that you use as your BlackBerry ID username. For security reasons, your BlackBerry ID password can't be reset for you.

Do one of the following:

To reset your password on a computer, visit BlackBerry ID - BlackBerry Login - Sign In to Apps & Services - US. Click Reset your password. Complete the instructions on the screen.

To reset your password on your BlackBerry device, when you are prompted to sign in with your BlackBerry ID, click Forgot Password. Answer your security question and complete the instructions on the screen.

Once you have completed the steps above, you will receive a password reset email. If you complete the steps to reset your password on a computer, the password reset email can only be viewed on a computer and isn't delivered to your device. If you follow the steps to reset your password on your device, the password reset email will be delivered to your device. Complete the instructions in the email to reset your BlackBerry ID password."
    One issue that people do run into is that they set up their BlackBerry ID years ago using their old BIS BlackBerry email address, which they can no longer access. This can prevent them from receiving the email to reset their password. BlackBerry should have a solution for this scenario, but I don't know if they do or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:21 AM
    One issue that people do run into is that they set up their BlackBerry ID years ago using their old BIS BlackBerry email address, which they can no longer access. This can prevent them from receiving the email to reset their password. BlackBerry should have a solution for this scenario, but I don't know if they do or not.

Posted via CB10
    They actually emailed everybody who was using the BlackBerry email system that the service was ending and they should change their email address wherever it was being used. If people ignored their warnings months in advance then that's their problem and it's not on BlackBerry to solve this as they did their due diligence.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-22-15 12:14 PM
    Not true. I think I found how I deleted mine
    How to delete the BlackBerry ID account used with BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets

"OVERVIEW

If you are*unable*to*login*to*your*BlackBerry*ID*account* and*cannot*answer the password recovery question or access the email inbox associated with your BlackBerry ID, you will not be able to sign in or regain access to the BlackBerry ID account. The only option is to delete*the account and create a new one. Deleting*the BlackBerry ID account allows for creation of a new BlackBerry ID account using the same email address,*however,*it*will*also*complete*the*follow ing:

Delete the BlackBerry ID accountDelete all BBM contactsDelete all BlackBerry World purchasesRemove the ability to restore any previous BlackBerry 10 smartphone backups (restore requires the same BlackBerry ID account)

Warning:*Deleting*the BlackBerry ID is an*irreversible*action and*should only be completed as a final troubleshooting step*if all other options have been exhausted.

Warning:*If running BlackBerry 10 OS version*10.3.2 and above with the BlackBerry Protect Anti-theft feature enabled*you must disable BlackBerry*Protect*before deleting the BlackBerry ID account. To disable BlackBerry Protect before*deleting*the*BlackBerry*ID*account*access*S ettings*-*BlackBerry Protect, toggle the BlackBerry Protect option to*OFF*and enter the BlackBerry ID password to complete the change.*For further details on the BlackBerry Protect Anti-theft feature see*KB36737.

If you know the answer to your Password Recovery Question and would like to keep your existing BlackBerry ID account,*you*can*reset the BlackBerry ID password."
    _--------_----------------------------

Now, the above totally explain how to do it. The only thing required is access to the email account related to the BlackBerry id. Which you have on your phone of course.

So they warned you about this catch 22. In other words, "if you are running 10.3.2, you cannot delete your account without BBID password and still use the phone". The anti-theft protection trumps your forgotten BBID password.
    08-22-15 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why wouldn't they change it when they signed into their BB10 phone? That is just neglect.
    08-22-15 04:36 PM
    What's the purpose of this? If someone steals my phone. Why would I delete the BlackBerry id.

The thief most likely will reset the blackberry id as he has access to the email trough my phone and even change the password of my own email through my phone as well....... Or simply delete the id to screw all my other devices with the same blackberry id.

The important thing should be the phone password which only I know.

Again, this BlackBerry id security is just stupid.

You posted links that explicitly say you cannot reset password through email, it only sends instructions by email. You have to be able to answer the security question to reset it, and you can do through desktop.

So they can only delete your BBID account if you do not password protect the device.

If someone steals your phone without password, they'll just run autoloader and have no problems using your phone. BlackBerry Protect prevents that and takes motive away.

I don't think BlackBerry QA had use case "owner ignored warning and proceeded to delete BBID without disabling Protect first". Their use cases likely had the goal of locking out thieves. Or they thought thieves would do it and end up bricking phone, resulting in protected data.

There should also be a bug report in BlackBerry QA:
    "When BlackBerry protect is enabled on 10.3.2 or later, the ability to delete BBID's should be disabled"
    08-22-15 04:45 PM
    Update blackberry has still not solve my problem.

I also asked blackberry to tell me how I was able to delete my blackberry id without knowing the password as I was trying to reset (meaning any thief can make your phone and other devices with the same id to have problems like mine), this was the answer:

" Based in our experience when we receive cases like this what happens is the following, when you request the reset of your BBID password you get an email, on that email there are 2 click-able options, one says 'reset BlackBerry ID password' and the other says 'reset BlackBerry ID account', it's very common that people click on 'reset BlackBerry ID account' instead of 'reset BlackBerry ID password', and that's how the account gets deleted, also you have the option to click on 'reset BlackBerry ID account' when you tr to reset it online."
    08-24-15 09:42 PM
    Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:00 PM
    My deal breaker would be: they fully stop developing their OS, or the company is dead, or the company is merged by a Chinese company. And, if you leave your Apple ID unused long enough, they will delete that account. Just FYI.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:00 AM
    Update blackberry has still not solve my problem.

I also asked blackberry to tell me how I was able to delete my blackberry id without knowing the password as I was trying to reset (meaning any thief can make your phone and other devices with the same id to have problems like mine), this was the answer:

" Based in our experience when we receive cases like this what happens is the following, when you request the reset of your BBID password you get an email, on that email there are 2 click-able options, one says 'reset BlackBerry ID password' and the other says 'reset BlackBerry ID account', it's very common that people click on 'reset BlackBerry ID account' instead of 'reset BlackBerry ID password', and that's how the account gets deleted, also you have the option to click on 'reset BlackBerry ID account' when you tr to reset it online."
    THEY CANNOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

They can either RMA the phone and replace it, or you get a new phone. Not sure why it hasn't reached this conclusion yet.

p.s. BlackBerry saying "reset BlackBerry ID account" is stupid if they mean delete. Reset does not mean delete, at all.
    08-25-15 04:14 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Content?
    08-25-15 04:14 PM
    Granrei, if you don't know the password you're screwed.
    Your only bet is to reset the password, which you can do from the phone and your email, and then log in again.
    08-25-15 09:03 PM
    Can someone explain to me the difference between your BlackBerry ID and your BlackBerry account email (which I thought was my user ID).

Secondly, why would you delete the ID to fix device problems? Isn't it just a cloud ID?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 09:46 PM
60 123