I'm a blackberry fan since almost 8 years ago. It was not the lack of apps or the uncertaintity of company future or people thinking I was old fashion or BlackBerry making weird phones that I don't like, etc.

It was actually that blackberry did not care about me at all and Rogers does not care about BlackBerry.

Somehow, while trying to reset my blackberry id, It got deleted.

My Z10 and playbook kept functioning almost normal with some minor limitations.

I spent two weeks dealing with this on crackberry forums, blackberry forums, blackberry twitter help, rogers technical support to no solution to this day.

Then blackberry support phoned me to fix the problem. Spent 4 hours with the agent doing a security wipe that did not solve the problem and made my phone useless as is still asking for the deleted blackberry id. BTW, they knew I was the owner of the phone and what was the problem very well.

They sent me an email requesting for copies of my personal id and copy of bill from rogers.

Still, 3 days later, they have not solved ****.

The good thing is that my blackberry curve has a different BlackBerry Id, so I'm using that for now, also my contract is almost over and I can renew my phone to low cost.

I phoned my local Rogers store inquiring about a z30 (yes I'm still insisting in using blackberry phones after all this). They don't have blackberry's in display. I also phoned rogers main customer line and they only have weird BlackBerry phones I don't like (passports and q10). The leap seems almost like an overpriced z10 and I don't want it.

It seems I have to go to android after all. I'm inclining for an LG G4. Any suggestions?

Also regarding the blackberry Id. Facts:

1)it seems to affect all devices you are on regardless of the OS you are using from blackberry. As it is affecting my playbook and is not letting me change the blackberry id.
    2) blackberry will tell you that all your information associated with it is lost. I believe is not true as when you open bbw (even with id deleted) You can see see all your apps you have purchased, it just does not let you download them or update them. Also still, I was able to communicate on bbm with all my contacts/groups. All this prior the wipe of course.

3) if someone steals your phone, the thief can delete your blackberry id and ruin all your devices associated with it as the thief does not need password to delete it. So, great for security BlackBerry. Seriously, I was just trying to reset it as I had forgotten password. Go figure.

4) if it happens to you. DO NOT DO A SECURITY WIPE EVEN IF THEY TELL YOU TO DO IT. THE DEVICE WILL STILL ASK FOR THE ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY ID after the wipe but phone will not work at all.

5) Even if you make the new blackberry id with the same email. it still does not work.

What to do if it happen to you:

1) make a very detail tread on blackberry forums about your case. Put on the tread what happened, mention you already contacted your service provider or phone seller to no avail as your service provider does not have ways to contact bb for things like this.
    2) contact blackberry twitter help and give them a link to the tread. They will give you a phone number to contact blackberry free help. I will not publish that phone here.
    3) when you contact the agent ask them for an email to send copies of your id and phone bill. Basically, they will email you and you reply with the documents.

During all this process you will be stalled a lot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Magnetox and jke76 like this.
    08-15-15 01:52 PM
    BTW, I posted this from my android tablet.

08-15-15 01:53 PM
    What it took to take me out of BlackBerry-img_20150815_151542.png

You got the blunt truthful answer three posts ago.
    If you have all the proof of purchase and what not then ask for a replacement phone, that would seem reasonable for them to do, idk. It sounds like BlackBerry Protect is doing what it was meant to do.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    jke76 and bungaboy like this.
    08-15-15 03:20 PM
    So you deleted your BlackBerry account, spend hours and hours of Support's time, and its their fault?

You deleted the account, and I'm pretty sure you get scary worded warnings prior to doing that.

So you found out how hard it is when you run into the corner case of deleting account before removing from phone. It's a corner case. This isn't something every day support will be trained to handle. It might require advanced engineering.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-15 03:21 PM
    Wait, let me get this clear
    If my phone is stolen but it is password protected and has blackberry protect ON, the user (thief) can delete my BBID ?? :O

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:00 PM
    Wait, let me get this clear
    If my phone is stolen but it is password protected and has blackberry protect ON, the user (thief) can delete my BBID ?? :O

Posted via CB10
    If they know your BlackBerry ID password, which they won't.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-15 04:35 PM
    Also if you want a Z30, buy one off contract. It's EOL, carriers won't have it.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:02 PM
    I dunno what this clown is on about. You can't wipe or delete a BBID from a phone without knowing the password into the phone and the password associated with your BBID.
    08-16-15 09:21 AM
    I'm a blackberry fan since almost 8 years ago. It was not the lack of apps or the uncertaintity of company future or people thinking I was old fashion or BlackBerry making weird phones that I don't like, etc.

It was actually that blackberry did not care about me at all and Rogers does not care about BlackBerry.

My Z10 and playbook kept functioning almost normal with some minor limitations.

I spent two weeks dealing with this on crackberry forums, blackberry forums, blackberry twitter help, rogers technical support to no solution to this day.

Then blackberry support phoned me to fix the problem. Spent 4 hours with the agent doing a security wipe that did not solve the problem and made my phone useless as is still asking for the deleted blackberry id. BTW, they knew I was the owner of the phone and what was the problem very well.

They sent me an email requesting for copies of my personal id and copy of bill from rogers.

Still, 3 days later, they have not solved ****.

The good thing is that my blackberry curve has a different BlackBerry Id, so I'm using that for now, also my contract is almost over and I can renew my phone to low cost.

I phoned my local Rogers store inquiring about a z30 (yes I'm still insisting in using blackberry phones after all this). They don't have blackberry's in display. I also phoned rogers main customer line and they only have weird BlackBerry phones I don't like (passports and q10). The leap seems almost like an overpriced z10 and I don't want it.

It seems I have to go to android after all. I'm inclining for an LG G4. Any suggestions?

Also regarding the blackberry Id. Facts:

1)it seems to affect all devices you are on regardless of the OS you are using from blackberry. As it is affecting my playbook and is not letting me change the blackberry id.
    2) blackberry will tell you that all your information associated with it is lost. I believe is not true as when you open bbw (even with id deleted) You can see see all your apps you have purchased, it just does not let you download them or update them. Also still, I was able to communicate on bbm with all my contacts/groups. All this prior the wipe of course.

3) if someone steals your phone, the thief can delete your blackberry id and ruin all your devices associated with it as the thief does not need password to delete it. So, great for security BlackBerry. Seriously, I was just trying to reset it as I had forgotten password. Go figure.

4) if it happens to you. DO NOT DO A SECURITY WIPE EVEN IF THEY TELL YOU TO DO IT. THE DEVICE WILL STILL ASK FOR THE ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY ID after the wipe but phone will not work at all.

5) Even if you make the new blackberry id with the same email. it still does not work.

What to do if it happen to you:

1) make a very detail tread on blackberry forums about your case. Put on the tread what happened, mention you already contacted your service provider or phone seller to no avail as your service provider does not have ways to contact bb for things like this.
    2) contact blackberry twitter help and give them a link to the tread. They will give you a phone number to contact blackberry free help. I will not publish that phone here.
    3) when you contact the agent ask them for an email to send copies of your id and phone bill. Basically, they will email you and you reply with the documents.

During all this process you will be stalled a lot.

For number 2 ask @BlackBerryHelp Twitter global, I had ever asked about call lag launch a call, check balance and receive incoming calls, they never reply me. So what is the use of BlackBerry Help Twitter if they was silent me.

For advance countries like US, Canada, or others, carrier and services maybe good, for develop countries, the sales were very down, people 95% prefer Android, almost no one wants to buy BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:40 AM
    BlackBerry is a history, Android is the future.
    08-16-15 01:15 PM
    Dead it's now a corpse

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:21 PM
    BlackBerry is a history, Android is the future.
    A future of no privacy, security breaches, and malware.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-16-15 02:22 PM
    Too many trolls. Haha. Go suck Android's junk elsewhere.
    kazakoshi likes this.
    08-16-15 03:57 PM
    Too many trolls. Haha. Go suck Android's junk elsewhere.
    If the Venice has Android in it, we can start sucking "Android's junk" right here.

Posted from an ME173X
    southlander and Smply_Rckless like this.
    08-16-15 07:15 PM
    What it took to get me out of Blackberry..... end user making a mistake... love how users blame the device or company for their actions... see it all the time in my computer business... customer does not backup the their files... it becomes the computers fault if the hard drive fails and all their data is gone..... how about some ownership... you should never "rry" on these devices...either know what you are doing or do not attempt it....
    ppeters914, bungaboy and alb101 like this.
    08-16-15 07:33 PM
    Unfortunately accidents do happen, either on your part or the system kills it for you. If Blackberry cannot help you, the genuine owner of the phone to recover the deleted BBid, then it means they don't have contingencies for that in place, no safeguard for you the user.
    08-16-15 09:28 PM
    Unfortunately accidents do happen, either on your part or the system kills it for you. If Blackberry cannot help you, the genuine owner of the phone to recover the deleted BBid, then it means they don't have contingencies for that in place, no safeguard for you the user.
    That's mean they secure they don't have a backdoor to get your password right? Nothing wrong with that.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-15 03:21 AM
    I'm not entirely too sure why BlackBerry and their agents are to blame for a mistake made by the OP. I would have thought not being able to re-enable you BBID after deletion was the secure and proper thing to do. Next time, don't delete it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-15 07:03 AM
    You're assuming the OP is being legit about this, which to me doesn't sound like he is.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 07:05 AM
    Any excuse to get out of blackberry, just admit op

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-15 07:15 AM
    If the Venice has Android in it, we can start sucking "Android's junk" right here.

Posted from an ME173X
    I won't mind a BlackBerry running Android so long as it's a BlackBerry iteration. If it's just plain old Lollipop, or whatever fruity name is out now, then that'd suck and I'd consider that lazy.
    08-17-15 09:17 AM
    That's mean they secure they don't have a backdoor to get your password right? Nothing wrong with that.
    Posted via CB10
    No, I mean if your BBid is gone, or you forgot your password, Blackberry won't be able to help you with it. You just have to start over completely with a new BBid. Anything wrong with this?
    southlander likes this.
    08-17-15 11:37 AM
    You're assuming the OP is being legit about this, which to me doesn't sound like he is.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    No, I am assuming that if you lost your BBid or password, then there is nothing anyone can do a thing about it, not even Blackberry.
    08-17-15 11:38 AM
    A future of no privacy, security breaches, and malware.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    You are still trapped in the past. The user is the weakest link, Blackberry like Android is just another phone.
    08-17-15 11:43 AM
    No, I am assuming that if you lost your BBid or password, then there is nothing anyone can do a thing about it, not even Blackberry.
    You are still trapped in the past. The user is the weakest link, Blackberry like Android is just another phone.

Right you are assuming there is nothing BlackBerry can do about it. And we are all assuming the OP is being honest about what happened.

It isn't the past. They have a new virus going on now, that infects the phone through a text, which does NOT infect BlackBerry. They have malware galore, they NEED antivirus software, there are NO viruses for BlackBerry. You are talking out of your ***.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 12:07 PM
60 123