Often see Conite and others offering this advice: "shut down, restart, wait for 10 mins, then see if <whatever problem> has gone away".
    Fine. After a cold restart it takes less than a minute to re-establish phone connection, wifi connection and (last) to see the BB icon at top RH corner. (What does this signify? Will it still happen after Jan 2022?)
    If one tries an app too soon then all one gets is a slowly advancing green progress bar (very slowly). I've never waited to see its conclusion. What's actually happening during the waiting time? I reckon 10 minutes is a pretty good guess, tedious as it is to have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-21 11:12 PM
    That's a sign of outdated hardware, outdated software and an outdated operating system. Remember when Windows PCs used to take a long time to reboot, required frequent reboots, frequently blue screened and lacked enough RAM to adequately run many programs? The same thing happens with outdated and underpowered mobile devices.
    10-18-21 11:42 PM
    That's a sign of outdated hardware, outdated software and an outdated operating system. Remember when Windows PCs used to take a long time to reboot, required frequent reboots, frequently blue screened and lacked enough RAM to adequately run many programs? The same thing happens with outdated and underpowered mobile devices.
    Lol nice non answer. Very helpful.

Yes it's outdated but you just made that up and didn't answer the OP question.

The green progress bar loading is the android runtime. 99.9% of the time when someone is asking for BB10 help it's regarding an android app.

Conite and others give the advice to wait ten minutes to allow the android runtime to fully load on its own.
    ppeters914, bh7171 and BeerBear like this.
    10-18-21 11:58 PM
    Often see Conite and others offering this advice: "shut down, restart, wait for 10 mins, then see if has gone away".
    Fine. After a cold restart it takes less than a minute to re-establish phone connection, wifi connection and (last) to see the BB icon at top RH corner. (What does this signify? Will it still happen after Jan 2022?)
    If one tries an app too soon then all one gets is a slowly advancing green progress bar (very slowly). I've never waited to see its conclusion. What's actually happening during the waiting time? I reckon 10 minutes is a pretty good guess, tedious as it is to have to wait.

Posted via CB10
    The Android Runtime needs about 5 to 10 minutes to initialize the Android environment properly.

I always wait until CPU use becomes stable at around 5% or so before using the phone.
    10-19-21 12:51 AM
    The Android Runtime needs about 5 to 10 minutes to initialize the Android environment properly.

I always wait until CPU use becomes stable at around 5% or so before using the phone.
    Yup if you check to see what is running he would see OS near the top and Runtime around 30% until everything is loaded than Runtime drops to idle
    10-19-21 11:15 AM