In my Device Monitor I see the Standby category always on rank 1. And when I remember I must say this has not always been the case.

Example: my Z30 has 54% energy left. The list looks as follows:
    1. Standby 26%
    2. System 8%
    3. PIM services 1.5%
    4. Display 1.3%

So I have an interest in uncovering this Standby thing. What is this exactly? My sad guess is: it's somehow the sum of everything else which is not mentioned explicitly including accu self-discharge. Does someone know more?
    02-26-16 12:13 AM
    Standby is when the phone is idle and waiting for it's next thing to do, such as get a call or receive and incoming mail or notification. Minimal battery is used when the phone is in standby so no worries if your standby percent is high! A slow drain DOES occur while the phone is in standby so that is why it's shown on the list AND the reason the % is so high is because, most of what your phone does during the day is stay in your pocket, purse, bag or desk or whatever. lol
    Standby is when the phone is idle and waiting for it's next thing to do, such as get a call or receive and incoming mail or notification. Minimal battery is used when the phone is in standby so no worries if your standby percent is high! A slow drain DOES occur while the phone is in standby so that is why it's shown on the list AND the reason the % is so high is because, most of what your phone does during the day is stay in your pocket, purse, bag or desk or whatever. lol
    02-26-16 08:40 AM
    Standby is when the phone is idle and waiting for it's next thing to do, such as get a call or receive and incoming mail or notification.
    Good, OK, that is to assume, but what is then System? What's the difference between System and Standby?
    02-26-16 09:35 AM
    Good, OK, that is to assume, but what is then System? What's the difference between System and Standby?

I'm not 100% sure, BUT I think system means your phone is DOING something unattended rather than just waiting which standby means. For example it might be polling your gmail server to see if any new emails have come in, or it might be scanning to see if any wifi towers are nearby that it can connect to, so you can save cell data.
    02-26-16 09:49 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, BUT I think system means your phone is DOING something unattended rather than just waiting which standby means. For example it might be polling your gmail server to see if any new emails have come in
    Polling mail servers is clearly PIM services, great pharao.
    or it might be scanning to see if any wifi towers are nearby that it can connect to, so you can save cell data.
    May be. It's also possible that they distinguish different processor speeds.
    02-26-16 10:17 AM
    Update: this was interesting, yesterday I noticed that my device didn't even reach two whole days, this is not normal. I rebooted it. Until this morning (more than 12 hours now) Standby is down on rank 2 - this is different from the last two days and looks much better.

One thing I changed was the Android Runtime update. And I didn't reboot immediately. Maybe this caused battery drain in my case.
    02-27-16 03:44 AM
    Update: this was interesting, yesterday I noticed that my device didn't even reach two whole days, this is not normal. I rebooted it. Until this morning (more than 12 hours now) Standby is down on rank 2 - this is different from the last two days and looks much better.

One thing I changed was the Android Runtime update. And I didn't reboot immediately. Maybe this caused battery drain in my case.
    If your constantly playing with it, you won't get 2 days.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 12:30 AM

It could be android runtime update. I was experiencing same drain on my Q10 while on Passport everything was fine and one of the thing at that time was runtime update on Q. I reloaded phone through link yesterday without update and we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 05:36 AM