On demand network connections - a huge battery saver if nothing else, for people that don't leave all the lights switched on in their houses all day every day

The option to fully shut down and exit BBM as the user chooses. The option to uninstall it would be even better

Crop facilty in image editor and all wide range of other missing bits of functionality on applications that have come as bog standard on every feature phone upwards for the last five years that Blackberry can't do.

USB to go

Offline mapping application. Bin Tom Tom and licence Nokia.

Comprehensive user options and choice over a wider range of settings to make for a more flexible and powerful device to better meet the needs of the user. (Blackberry take a look at Nokia Symbian if you want some clues on that one, old but neither you or anyone else comes close to matching it)

Silence stupid camera sound regardless of device profile.

Neater better organised text message handling. Return to inbox, sent folders etc.

Ascending ringtones function that has a ringtone start of quietly and increase up to the preset volume as the call goes unanswered.

Fully user accessable file system. Quick and easy PC access to device memory and memory card via USB without having to mess about with Blackberry Link or other installed software.

Make Blackberry Link do something useful apart from being obsessed with syncronising and trying to install updates I already have. Nokia suite for example directly links into the application store. It can also handle offline map and voice management should Blackberry ever decide to offer something other than the worst built in mobile navigation application known to humanity.

That's enough for now but I'm not going to hold my breath. At this rate I'll just have to see what Jolla Sailfish looks like come the end of the year.
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-02-13 10:44 AM
    ... connection to a zero point module for unlimited power
    I have a buttered cat array you can try to jtag...

Z10-4 .4687 via CB10
    08-02-13 10:55 AM
    I think they'll never get around to it, but it would be so nice to have a real cloud sync solution through BlackBerry. Their own iCloud with secure file storage/sharing, photo streams, effortless syncing over the air, etc.. This is what's sorely lacking from the BlackBerry experience. I don't think they'll ever figure that out though.

Also, would be nice if they could fix up the inconsistencies in the OS experience, things like settings menus being in the top dropdown (I'm looking at you Browser), or swiping up and left to get to your app icons (rather than going to active frames and then swiping left to get to icons). But I won't hold my breath.
    +100

I hope they come up with a file sharing app similar to the document sharing one demoed by TAT at MWC.
    RIM and TAT demo BlackBerry PlayBook wireless document sharing at Mobile World Congress | CrackBerry.com

Something like a sharepoint app where people can create/join the "Sharepoint" that's password protected/encripted. Great for meetings or close proximity file transfers. They can even give a nod to the Playbook by allowing that kind of functionality.
    08-02-13 11:00 AM
    10.3 out next year? I am hoping BB11 is coming out by February/March of next year! 1 year cycles for major updates are where its at! if they are launching 10.3 then thats not good...unless 10.3 is a MAJOR update...otherwise it better be 11!

that being said...

1)actionable active frames
    2) ability to pin active frames
    3) lock screen
    08-02-13 11:47 AM

1)actionable active frames
    2) ability to pin active frames
    I like the idea of being able to pin active frames.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    08-02-13 12:13 PM
    lol ATT doesn't even have MR 10.1 yet so I'll be waiting for 10.2 long enough I can't even begin to think about 10.3...

That would be like the technology-lovers equivalent of having a hard-on until June 2014... blue-balls for 10 months? No thank you...
    08-02-13 01:11 PM
    i think 10.2 is amazing.. just a few bugs.. on the z10, when typing, a random letter can trigger the swipe back effect causing the word to erase. A little data box on the bottom left hand side with information such RAM etc pops up randomly and a restart gets rid of it, and sometime in the hub (or an app for that matter) landscapoe doesnt want to become portrait..

i realise im in the wrong thread.. but .. meh.. so what lol.. alos i know its a leak~!!!!
    To get rid of the RAM CPU stuff on the bottom left, swipe down on the battery. You don't have to restart

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:21 PM
    On demand network connections - a huge battery saver if nothing else, for people that don't leave all the lights switched on in their houses all day every day

The option to fully shut down and exit BBM as the user chooses. The option to uninstall it would be even better

Crop facilty in image editor and all wide range of other missing bits of functionality on applications that have come as bog standard on every feature phone upwards for the last five years that Blackberry can't do.

USB to go

Offline mapping application. Bin Tom Tom and licence Nokia.

Comprehensive user options and choice over a wider range of settings to make for a more flexible and powerful device to better meet the needs of the user. (Blackberry take a look at Nokia Symbian if you want some clues on that one, old but neither you or anyone else comes close to matching it)

Silence stupid camera sound regardless of device profile.

Neater better organised text message handling. Return to inbox, sent folders etc.

Ascending ringtones function that has a ringtone start of quietly and increase up to the preset volume as the call goes unanswered.

Fully user accessable file system. Quick and easy PC access to device memory and memory card via USB without having to mess about with Blackberry Link or other installed software.

Make Blackberry Link do something useful apart from being obsessed with syncronising and trying to install updates I already have. Nokia suite for example directly links into the application store. It can also handle offline map and voice management should Blackberry ever decide to offer something other than the worst built in mobile navigation application known to humanity.

That's enough for now but I'm not going to hold my breath. At this rate I'll just have to see what Jolla Sailfish looks like come the end of the year.
    Half of your complaints are available now.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:13 PM
    I don't know enough about all that, although I have started learning (recently and slowly). Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    stick w/ it,,, i'm no expert, by any stretch, but the concept is pretty simple,,, it's the application & setup that can be a pain,,, pc setup is pretty easy,,, check utoob...
    08-02-13 02:30 PM
    I could be wrong but my belief is that they will develop a personal cloud system. It will go hand in hand with remote file access. You will have remote sync/backup/restore all to your home computer. BlackBerry doesn't need to hold my information on their servers like apple Microsoft and Google. I would much prefer to do it myself.
    Posted via CB10
    Personally, I WISH they'd offer a cloud file storage / media storage / remote backup service. I'm always weary about existing solutions, nobody quite gets it right (though Dropbox comes close). They could stand as the most secure solution out there, have PC/Mac syncing/backup software available, and everything can be accessed via your BB phone. I don't leave my computer on all day when I'm at work so remote file access is pointless for me. However, I don't want everything stored in the cloud if it's not being encrypted and kept away from prying eyes.

BB has the expertise to do this. They should just do it already. iCloud is kicking their asses.
    08-02-13 02:32 PM
    They had that in the alpha builds of the OS, but they moved it because it's now used to bring down the header after it vanishes when a site is loaded.

Posted via CB10
    Which doesn't make any sense. The header can still show on pulldown... but you don't say "oh that thing we said to do all the time, we're not going to do it here because we have to show the title of the web page." Give me a break..
    08-02-13 02:33 PM
    I'd like to see a more robust Remember app, to include the ability to move items from local to synced folders, so you can see the items from the device (e.g., an email you sent to the Remember app) on your PC. I'd also like full support for landscape mode, all apps, from Home screen on down. Oh, and if headless app support doesn't come in 10.2, that also, and then hopefully come app developers will come up with apps that utilize this (like number blocker and email blocker).
    08-02-13 02:33 PM
    Half of your complaints are available now.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic, which ones?

I'm not talking about third party applications to compensate for what should be standard.
    08-02-13 03:14 PM
    i just want themes i do not care how badly it affects battery life my phones always tend to live on power anyway (probs why my battery life is so bad i over charger the batt ) lol
    08-02-13 04:37 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but what does MR refer to in 10.2 MR?
    08-02-13 05:00 PM
    Maintenance Release.
    08-02-13 05:10 PM
    Yea like a 350 horsepower Keurig or something like that...
    I hope there will be an coffee maker option and connection to a zero point module for unlimited power

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 05:28 PM
    Perhaps the time and date, in full, on the home screen - that would be nice! (without the need to swipe down).

And commercial vpn support!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-02-13 05:42 PM
    - Dark themes like the Q10
    - Cursor on the Dial Pad
    - Multiple alarm clocks
    - Notification of due Remember entries on home screen or Hub
    - Search option in Pictures app
    - Satellite view of Maps (?)
    - Integrated compass and speedometer on Maps
    - Option to see learned words
    - LED notification customization without using a third-party app
    - LED notification (slow-blinking amber light when charging, steady green light when full) even if the phone's turned on
    - Option to have the battery indicator in percentage without a third-party app
    08-02-13 07:01 PM
    1. Actionable active frames - This would make BB10 unique. A must have really.
    2. Customizable drop down menu on home screen. - More options and customization in this area cant hurt.
    3. Much Better text editor. - it is still very frustrating as of 10.1 MR
    4. Offline mapping - Done completely via 3rd party, this is not Blackberry's strength and I think its better to partner with someone than play catch up. Nokia seems the most obvious partner as I highly doubt Google wants to support BB in any way.
    5. Screensaver mode like with the Moto X OR customizable lock screen.
    6. BB Cloud. - Dont partner with anyone like Dropbox or Box because Google, Apple and Microsoft are still relatively new in this area and BB should look to develop its own expertise in cloud instead of just giving up in this area. Release APIs so that devs can add it to non BB apps.
    7. Improved touchscreen KB - I know most people feel that BB10 has the best touch KB but I disagree. Even thought its based on Swiftkey tech, I prefer Swiftkey KB itself as it has much much better auto correction and word prediction. Better yet just allow for 3rd party KBs and let devs do their magic.
    08-02-13 07:13 PM
    I want the option to turn notifications for BBM groups OFF. It ticks me off that I have to keep my phone on silent or else my phone will ring every two seconds. I don't understand how this was overlooked.

Posted via CB10 using my flick-ity keyboard .
    08-02-13 07:21 PM
    THIS ^^^^^

The contacts app is easily the most buggy of all the core BlackBerry apps. Contacts dissappear then reappear, contact photos change day to day, one day it's a fb photo, next it's BBM, clicking on the ascending alphabet to skip through contacts frequently takes multiple taps before it even registers, and there is major lag sometimes when trying to scroll through the list. And while I'm not sure whether to address this as a contacts issue or Facebook issue, or both, but there seems to be no easy way to add a fb account into contacts.. especially if you accidentally delete one. You can manually enter their fb ID but for purposes of tagging, etc the phone will not recognize them as a fb contact thus no tagging, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Agree...so frustrating!

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    08-02-13 08:55 PM
    Where are you getting those dates? Can anyone corroborate what he is saying. From what is generally understood 10.2 will land with the release of the A10 ( z30?), before Christmas not after. If you are just being facetious fine but don't leave it there as fact when it isn't supported?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:12 PM
    *battery life optimizations. (can you tell I have a Z?)
    *the mirror image of the swipe-up-and-to-the-left to reach the Hub. So swipe-up-and-to-the-right would take you back to your previous screen. The idea behind the BB10 interface was to avoid the in-and-out paradigm of multitasking. That works for getting into email seamlessly, but I need to do in-and-out, jumping back out to Active Frames to get back in to my previous work after reading/replying to an email.
    *S/MIME without BES.

If these features are in 10.2, so much the better

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    reneSc likes this.
    08-02-13 09:28 PM
    How do you guys really know what all is coming in 10.2. Most people are using leaked os so it's not the official. Yall couldn't wait till 10.2 was out first before starting this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:35 PM
191 ... 34567 ...