11-14-14 07:06 PM
191 123 ...
tools
    Alright so we all know what is going to come out in 10.2 update. If we assume a same kind of update cycle we should be seeing a 10.2 MR by FEB 14 and 10.3 by June 14.

But hey planning should / would have started on it,

So get on the floor guys and let's put the features we expect BlackBerry to offer in 10.3. Think more on new things since we would be at par by 10.2.

Let's also wish a 10.2 MR just for battery optimizations that makes it the best OS available in the market.

Let me try to list a few,

- custom home screen

- screen saver mode/ battery saver

- battery saver mode that keeps watch and restrict apps that consume a lot of power when it's selected

- more customization options to taste

- developer tie up for exclusive first launch of apps on 10.

- android whatever version support and more native feel (wish if they can make cascades in them)

- super camera mode something that changes the whole story of mobile cameras

- radical changes in what we think of app world (showing localized apps priority with some top international apps)

- day planner (something to do with map where you have planned a day and it tells you, reminds you and notify you of some changes if required due to xyz reason in route)

- more options from the top setting bar but only relevant ones

- music equalizer with some sound enhancements. And features like update on social apps what you listening.

- big changes in in-built photo edit options, bbm channels and the way we communicate with people on bbm.

- memory compression since already a lot of users including me facing this issue of high memory consumption.

10.2 MR should just be around battery optimizations and some bug fixes. We need to keep the focus on it all the time.

And of course to get successful, we need more hardware. Bring the mini Z10 and a new design etc.. We can at least announce it to keep the hype up. (a type with nokia or Sony or Ericsson).

Please keep the excitement going and don't bash around people. Be imaginary. We can at least tell them what we are looking at.

Posted via CB10
    elia123, khehl, Creaulx and 6 others like this.
    08-01-13 11:27 AM
    I hope there will be an coffee maker option and connection to a zero point module for unlimited power

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:30 AM
    Live wallpaper woukd be a nice option for those who'd want it.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    mk2234, linza79, Mecca EL and 13 others like this.
    08-01-13 11:37 AM
    I hope there will be an coffee maker option and connection to a zero point module for unlimited power

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-01-13 11:39 AM
    Prateek nice try, keep it up

CrackBerry guys have a long list of wishes, hope santa claus grants this winter with A10 release

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-01-13 11:40 AM
    Odd...

Besides the usual speed improvements, bug fixes and battery life optimization that should come with updates, I can't really think of anything.
    WWBlondieDo and G-bone like this.
    08-01-13 11:42 AM
    Wishing and wishing, finally I am dying of waiting.
    08-01-13 11:44 AM
    Ha ha. Come guys think more. The BlackBerry loyal customers, we must tell them up right now what we want in future.

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-01-13 11:51 AM
    I think they'll never get around to it, but it would be so nice to have a real cloud sync solution through BlackBerry. Their own iCloud with secure file storage/sharing, photo streams, effortless syncing over the air, etc.. This is what's sorely lacking from the BlackBerry experience. I don't think they'll ever figure that out though.

Also, would be nice if they could fix up the inconsistencies in the OS experience, things like settings menus being in the top dropdown (I'm looking at you Browser), or swiping up and left to get to your app icons (rather than going to active frames and then swiping left to get to icons). But I won't hold my breath.
    08-01-13 11:53 AM
    Also, would be nice if they could fix up the inconsistencies in the OS experience, things like settings menus being in the top dropdown (I'm looking at you Browser)
    They had that in the alpha builds of the OS, but they moved it because it's now used to bring down the header after it vanishes when a site is loaded.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Think that will be pretty awesome imagine being able to nfc what u want to your coffee machine...

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-01-13 12:05 PM
    Think that will be pretty awesome imagine being able to nfc what u want to your coffee machine...

Posted via CB10
    NFC? I want to do this from bed via WiFi

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham and G-bone like this.
    08-01-13 12:14 PM
    Customize the damn dropdown settings

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha, like this!
    08-01-13 12:42 PM
    Maybe I want them to re visit the active frames and re design very smartly that uses the space properly and also gives us more multi tasking ability.
    Especially switching between running apps becomes very easy.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:53 PM
    Que la Camara tenga opcin de tiempo, para sacar la foto. 10 segundos ! please!
    08-01-13 12:58 PM
    Continued optimization and improvement of the android runtime.

08-01-13 01:01 PM
    some sort of an action to silence your phone..(Flip to mute on windows phone is an example)
    EsJayDee and prateek.samtani like this.
    08-01-13 01:04 PM
    Love to see compatibility with commercial vpns - like OPENVPN!

(if it doesn't come in 10.2 that is)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    khehl and Smitty13 like this.
    08-01-13 01:05 PM
    June 14, long way to go. Add multiple accounts just like in Androind 4.3. BBRY Balance is available only BES users which is a turn off.
    08-01-13 01:17 PM
    A better way to get to vibrate mode. On my old blackberry I could use the volume control and it was go to vibrate mode before it went to silent. On my z10 the volume control jumps from silent mode right to low sound

Posted via CB10
    khehl, montberry and EsJayDee like this.
    08-01-13 01:23 PM
    Live wallpaper woukd be a nice option for those who'd want it.

Great idea

Posted via Z10
    G-bone and schmittdog like this.
    08-01-13 01:23 PM
    I think they'll never get around to it, but it would be so nice to have a real cloud sync solution through BlackBerry. Their own iCloud with secure file storage/sharing, photo streams, effortless syncing over the air, etc.. This is what's sorely lacking from the BlackBerry experience. I don't think they'll ever figure that out though.
    I could be wrong but my belief is that they will develop a personal cloud system. It will go hand in hand with remote file access. You will have remote sync/backup/restore all to your home computer. BlackBerry doesn't need to hold my information on their servers like apple Microsoft and Google. I would much prefer to do it myself.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:25 PM
    Universal landscape support or I'm going to scream and burn my hair off by shorting my two Z10 batteries.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-01-13 01:25 PM
    How about let's wait and see how 10.2 is and then evaluate what 10.3 should get.....

Posted via CB10
    mk2234, HUNTZODIAC, G-bone and 3 others like this.
    08-01-13 01:28 PM
191 123 ...