Folks I am new to the smart watch game but it might be actually helpful for my work.
    I am a field engineer and often have something in both hands and while I can dial and send texts through voice commands and BT headset, I think a smart watch might actually help me.
    I know there are a few threads out there, but some are short, some are old and a lot has changed recently (Android BT API, unlocked runtime).
    So I need your input. Here is what I would like to be able to do:
    - auto connection as I turn on my Q10's BT
    - see who is calling me and answer from the watch
    - see new emails (full subject line if possible)
    - quickly call a contact (5# is enough)
    - access call history and redial last number
    - see last text
    - possibly to last a few days on one charge?
    I don't need any social networks nor weather stuff.

So, any idea which one would work best for me or its too early for good integration with BlackBerry? Is Pebble watch planning native app? The first Sony smart watch can be found for dirty cheap but not sure if it will work.
    My second phone is AdDroid but I am looking forward to swap it for a Z30, so connection with 2 phones will be kind of important.

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:06 AM
    I don't know of any watch that works on BlackBerry that allows you to answer calls.

I have the pebble watch and it does email and text great, but none of the apps I have found that power the watch can show caller ID yet. One app also allows Calendar notifications, but it's not stable on my watch.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:14 AM
    I don't know of any watch that works on BlackBerry that allows you to answer calls.

I have the pebble watch and it does email and text great, but none of the apps I have found that power the watch can show caller ID yet. One app also allows Calendar notifications, but it's not stable on my watch.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:51 AM
    At least at the moment this is not possible because the OS does not offer it for third party apps. Caller ID was announced for 10.2 and then for 10.2.1 but it has been delayed again. Hopefully we'll get it with 10.2.2
    11-17-13 01:59 PM
    Thank you guys, It will be in 2014 I guess and hopefully BlackBerry comes out with its own business solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:09 PM
    Hmm.

I'm very curious if running 10.2 with the most up to date runtime 4.2.2 and that android connection app 24/7 would work with the Sony Smart watch 2??

All things considered it's THE most functional smartwatch of then all - 2-5 day usage time and the most plethora of apps about 50 and development is growing and older apps are slowly being made compatible.

Check out esato.com to find a thread on a few members who have one. You'll need to dig on a Sat watch that fully works with Bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:58 PM
    One thing about watches for me..they can be too functional. I usually use Talk2Watch for my Pebble. I have to disable a lot of functions so that I can make sure I get the most important notifications. Otherwise, you are constantly looking at your watch.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:34 PM
    Expect a much simpler Interface for Talk2Watch with the next update

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:37 AM
    So the best Smartwatches on the market for BB10 is the Peddle one right???

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:16 PM
    Looks like a developer on these boards has a working solution for Sony SW2!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:03 PM
    Great then

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:56 PM