Hello guys I just saw this thread by Mr Robbenezer. Its about a "(Blitz) Non-Destructive Update" As he said it will upgrade my phone to 10.3.1.2072. What exactly is this Non-Destructive update? How does it work?
    It would be really kind of someone if he explains it to me in detail.
    01-28-15 04:05 AM
    Hello guys I just saw this thread by Mr Robbenezer. Its about a "(Blitz) Non-Destructive Update" As he said it will upgrade my phone to 10.3.1.2072. What exactly is this Non-Destructive update? How does it work?
    It would be really kind of someone if he explains it to me in detail.
    Lots of info in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    01-28-15 04:23 AM
    Can you also tell me about this non-destructive update?
    01-28-15 04:26 AM
    Can you also tell me about this non-destructive update?
    With an autoloader, your device is wiped before the OS is reloaded and you have to set up everything from scratch. Non-desctive update means that the OS is installed without the settings being touched, which means you won't have to set up everything from scratch again.
    01-28-15 04:38 AM
    Please read there's a lot info at that thread

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 04:39 AM
    Please read there's a lot info at that thread

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Doesnt work for me :/ wont even allow me to backup. And bro dont close my threads for no reason.
    01-28-15 04:59 AM
    With an autoloader, your device is wiped before the OS is reloaded and you have to set up everything from scratch. Non-desctive update means that the OS is installed without the settings being touched, which means you won't have to set up everything from scratch again.
    Thanks. So what do you think should I give it a try? I have the 10.2.1.3062. Is it advisable to do so?
    01-28-15 05:00 AM
    Thanks. So what do you think should I give it a try? I have the 10.2.1.3062. Is it advisable to do so?
    The choice is yours, find out from the links on how people like/dislike the results and then decide.
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    01-28-15 05:04 AM
    In my personal experience a fresh install prevents issues. I don't do backups, all data is loaded from the cloud. I set everything up from scratch everytime I load a new OS. And I only use autoloaders!

It's fun to read the fixes and findings threads when a new OS is out, mostly because I don't face most of the issues that people are facing. But no OS is perfect, so you'll always face issues. Give it a try and find your own preferences!

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-28-15 05:34 AM
    LOL

This from the guy who started a thread saying that there is no need to load leaks !!!

No point installing leaks now. - Page 7 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-28-15 08:43 AM
    I have installed OS both ways nondestructive with Sachesi w and w/o Blitz files and autoloader. For non patient users or not confident enough users Blitz is the way to go. It will install the OS and Radio without changing your settings and will be like updating OTA. Since the Blitz file has all the APPS for all models of BB10 no hassle of mistakenly installing wrong Radio.
    Follow this steps
    1. Install newest BlackBerry Link on computer (this will update the drivers so your BB10 can be recognized by Sachesi.
    2. Install latest Sachesi on your computer.
    3. Connect your BB10 to computer via USB. Make sure it is recognized by running Link or opening up to see contents on my computer, drivers, etc. Close link before proceeding.
    4. Run Sachesi and select install tab. Sachesi will ask for password and will look for the BB10 device. If it doesn't find device make sure password is correct and close and run Sachesi again. When the install tab shows all the APPS from your device you are ready to go.
    5. Drag n Drop Blitz zip file to Sachesi. Sachesi will unzip it and start installing the OS.
    6. When installation starts you will see a progress circle and the % of each APP installation.
    7. Go eat something and leave it alone please.
    8. After installation is completed your BB10 will reboot and will run BlackBerry blue logo loading page, level it until it finish. It can be stuck on 100% for a while be patient.
    9. Your BB10 will start with the new OS running. Enjoy

PS. Remember your coming from 10.2.1 so this process will take more time than from 10.3.x.x. Be patient and ask for any advice before interrupting the presses.
    Your device will run hot for 24 or 48 hrs and large battery drain will occur due to BB10 indexing. It is normal for a big update jump.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 08:56 AM
    In my personal experience a fresh install prevents issues. I don't do backups, all data is loaded from the cloud. I set everything up from scratch everytime I load a new OS. And I only use autoloaders!

It's fun to read the fixes and findings threads when a new OS is out, mostly because I don't face most of the issues that people are facing. But no OS is perfect, so you'll always face issues. Give it a try and find your own preferences!

The OP has only one update care in this world, and that is keeping his Clash of Clans progress.

We've had this discussion in many, many, many threads. He cannot do a clean install for this reason. As his current settings and "blackberry runtime" component are most likely corrupt because of all the messing around he's being doing, he will find that this is an unresolvable problem which will only end with him either losing his village or never updating again.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by conite; 01-28-15 at 09:45 AM.
    01-28-15 09:08 AM
    The OP has only one update care in this world, and that is keeping his Clash of Clans progress.

We've had this discussion in many, many, many threads. He cannot do a clean install for this reason. As his current settings and "blackberry runtime" component are most likely corrupt because of all the messing around he's being doing, he will find that this is an unresolvable problem which will only end with him either losing his village or never updating again.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    In that case it comes down to either not to update or do a non-destructive update and risk losing the game progress.

01-28-15 10:10 AM
    Lol Conite! Help the Prince FFS
    Legal Eagle and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-15 10:37 AM
    Lol Conite! Help the Prince FFS

Actually I am helping. Just anticipating where this is headed.

My best advice is to get a cheap Android tablet for $70, email SuperCell and have the existing village associated with a Google account (I have helped other people do this), and then just carry on with a clean install of 10.3.1. Play the game on your tablet.

That's actually my advice for any serious CoC player out there. Otherwise, you're playing with fire.

The best chance, however, for a successful non-destructive update, specifically with reference to the Android environment, is to wait for official - at which point the hope is they have squashed most of the update process bugs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by conite; 01-28-15 at 11:43 AM.
    01-28-15 10:47 AM
    LOL

This from the guy who started a thread saying that there is no need to load leaks !!!

No point installing leaks now. - Page 7 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Listen man, I aint gonna install it. I was just asking about the "Non-destructive" upgrade someone was talking about and this sachesi. Leaks suck
    01-28-15 03:10 PM
    I have installed OS both ways nondestructive with Sachesi w and w/o Blitz files and autoloader. For non patient users or not confident enough users Blitz is the way to go. It will install the OS and Radio without changing your settings and will be like updating OTA. Since the Blitz file has all the APPS for all models of BB10 no hassle of mistakenly installing wrong Radio.
    Follow this steps
    1. Install newest BlackBerry Link on computer (this will update the drivers so your BB10 can be recognized by Sachesi.
    2. Install latest Sachesi on your computer.
    3. Connect your BB10 to computer via USB. Make sure it is recognized by running Link or opening up to see contents on my computer, drivers, etc. Close link before proceeding.
    4. Run Sachesi and select install tab. Sachesi will ask for password and will look for the BB10 device. If it doesn't find device make sure password is correct and close and run Sachesi again. When the install tab shows all the APPS from your device you are ready to go.
    5. Drag n Drop Blitz zip file to Sachesi. Sachesi will unzip it and start installing the OS.
    6. When installation starts you will see a progress circle and the % of each APP installation.
    7. Go eat something and leave it alone please.
    8. After installation is completed your BB10 will reboot and will run BlackBerry blue logo loading page, level it until it finish. It can be stuck on 100% for a while be patient.
    9. Your BB10 will start with the new OS running. Enjoy

PS. Remember your coming from 10.2.1 so this process will take more time than from 10.3.x.x. Be patient and ask for any advice before interrupting the presses.
    Your device will run hot for 24 or 48 hrs and large battery drain will occur due to BB10 indexing. It is normal for a big update jump.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2072
    Thanks man! This was the kind of answer I was looking for. If only all contributors here were like this....
    yohannyphm likes this.
    01-28-15 03:12 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    When I downgraded back to 10.2.1 I restored a backup which I made on december 29 before making the biggest mistake of my life installing a leak. In that backup was my coc and from there I did a custom restore------- App data-------clash of clans-------restore then boom! Everything back to normal and also a couple of whats app conversations. And btw your saying as if you never messed around when you were a newbie, HELL! I joined a month back, what do you expect me to do?
    01-28-15 03:16 PM

Actually I am helping. Just anticipating where this is headed.

My best advice is to get a cheap Android tablet for $70, email SuperCell and have the existing village associated with a Google account (I have helped other people do this), and then just carry on with a clean install of 10.3.1. Play the game on your tablet.

That's actually my advice for any serious CoC player out there. Otherwise, you're playing with fire.

The best chance, however, for a successful non-destructive update, specifically with reference to the Android environment, is to wait for official - at which point the hope is they have squashed most of the update process bugs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    Umm firstly thnx for the advice but Android SUCKS! Iam a serious Android hater. I already have a primary account on my Ipad. Iam on leve 90 with townhall level 9. And the one on my bb is level 30 with TH5. I'll just wait for the official update. Just wanted to find out what sachesi is.
    01-28-15 03:19 PM
    Umm firstly thnx for the advice but Android SUCKS! Iam a serious Android hater. I already have a primary account on my Ipad. Iam on leve 90 with townhall level 9. And the one on my bb is level 30 with TH5. I'll just wait for the official update. Just wanted to find out what sachesi is.
    I understand. I'm just worried that even upgrading to official may not keep your data. Going from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 is a big jump and there is still a good chance something will go wrong. I think you need to be prepared.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    01-28-15 03:24 PM
    And btw your saying as if you never messed around when you were a newbie, HELL! I joined a month back, what do you expect me to do?
    Absolutely. I would do the same!

The fact that you have to keep your android runtime environment perfectly intact through all of it because of CoC makes it very difficult - even for a veteran.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 03:32 PM
    Amusing thread :P
    H4zN likes this.
    01-28-15 04:12 PM
    Oops. Wrong thread.
    01-28-15 04:51 PM
    HELL! I joined a month back, what do you expect me to do?
    One thing only - READ! Most of your threads are about issues discussed many times of about information readily available in sticky threads.
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-28-15 07:24 PM
    Amusing thread :P

Hahaha so funny -_-

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-28-15 11:39 PM
34 12