How stable is IKEv2 protocol in BB10 implementation under unstable internet conditions i.e lots of cell tower movement and 3G interruptions, assuming the VPN provider is stable? I found OpenVPN in Android to be lacking in this regard.

What are the recommended VPN services for BB that doesn't track anything?

Also, obviously the main interest of going BB is security. But how private are your data compared to other platforms like Cyanogen?

Thanks.
    08-26-15 09:30 PM
    How stable is IKEv2 protocol in BB10 implementation under unstable internet conditions i.e lots of cell tower movement and 3G interruptions, assuming the VPN provider is stable? I found OpenVPN in Android to be lacking in this regard.
    Have never really had any issues.

What are the recommended VPN services for BB that doesn't track anything?
    I use PureVPN but I'm sure you'll get a wide array of answers from folks. That said, let's be realistic here.. most people don't care about privacy, they simply just care about accessing things out of their own regions.

Also, obviously the main interest of going BB is security. But how private are your data compared to other platforms like Cyanogen?
    I have no idea what these question means outside of saying unless you're using a BES, security is pretty debatable. Unless you're going to break it down to specific worries for comparison, there's not much to go off of here.
    08-27-15 11:06 PM
    To answer your IKEv2 element, it's excels at re-establishing your VPN when there is temporary loss of connection, and is ideal for mobile users as a result what with transition between wireless to cellular, base station to base station or signal drop due to lack of coverage whilst travelling for instance.

IKEv2 supports Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE) protocol, which makes it highly resilient to changing networks - it actually came about via Cisco and Microsoft and ended up baked into Windows.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:27 AM
    https://hide.me/en/features/logs?fri...UvbUpU11888621
    True browsing privacy

We do not monitor or log your browsing behaviour. The way we have chosen to build hide.me makes this impossible. All of the usage data we receive is completely anonymous, and is not connected to your real IP address or location.
    Also, obviously the main interest of going BB is security...
    For me it's the ease of use.
    I hate when I grab my wife's LG and it wont swipe to unlock.

2 Gb a month for free. (Certain limitations such as limited I.P. addresses, must login after plan expires each month...).

Attachment 368951
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 08-30-15 at 12:55 AM.
    08-30-15 12:19 AM
    I use Cisco Anyconnect VPN through a service called SaturnVPN... highly annoying when it asks for a pwd each time it needs to reconnect...!

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    10-14-15 10:01 AM
    Definitely PureVPN. Easy setup and connect. Great service.

Robertino  Passport
    Sayumi Whisp likes this.
    10-14-15 10:07 AM
    VPNUK!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:08 AM
    VPNUK!

Posted via CB10
    Well it's a Company from the UK. Uk is a nightmare for privacy and data security! Don't use this Service if you care about your data!

hide.me on the other Hand seems fine! Works well and good service + bitcoin as payment method!
    Which server location do you guys use? And why?

I will try Reykjavik in the following days.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 12:17 PM
    Well it's a Company from the UK. Uk is a nightmare for privacy and data security! Don't use this Service if you care about your data!

hide.me on the other Hand seems fine! Works well and good service + bitcoin as payment method!
    Which server location do you guys use? And why?

I will try Reykjavik in the following days.

Posted via CB10
    What? So you mean that it is not safe enough for me to use VPNUK? I have been using it just to bypass firewall and bypass certain services.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:54 PM
    What? So you mean that it is not safe enough for me to use VPNUK? I have been using it just to bypass firewall and bypass certain services.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if you just want to bypass firewalls and certain services (not sercret service of course) you are fine using vpnuk. Just don't use it if you care about privacy.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:18 AM
    Been thinking of getting a VPN lately but unfortunately only very few services offer IKEv2. With PureVPN they block certain downloading sites in the US and Canada, then having to result to connecting to servers outside the country.

So far I just use the Hide Me free for my BB.

Do you guys leave your connection to VPN all the time with your BB or only when using WiFi?
    12-02-15 02:49 PM
    If you are interested in beta testing our IKEv2 VPN service for BlackBerry 10 devices, please drop an email to beta (at) axiomvpn (dot) com

Thanks,

AxiomVPN
    12-03-15 06:41 AM
    I'm using purevpn. Many servers. I can use 5 devices with one id and good howtos and speed for every device... even bb10
    Passport runs great with my Tokyo VPN

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    12-04-15 12:04 PM
    I use Witopia. Easy to set up on BB 10, they have servers in many countries and their desktop software is excellent. I don't remember exactly how many devices I can use it on simultaneously but it is at least two. They say that they will allow more simultaneous connections if you ask and explain your needs.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-04-15 03:46 PM
    I'm thinking on using strongswan on my vps server.

Cheaper and I control everything.

Lots of tutorials in crackberry forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 04:37 PM