...is the keyboard! There is no possibility to add special characters like "","","","" (for my language that is german we use it often) on the main layout. In ios there are these chars on the main keyboard. And it makes me mad when I switch back to my BlackBerry...

And in my opinion it would also be nice, if we had the possibility to fix the digit tab on top of the keyboard.
    My passwords contain always digits, so I often have to switch to the digit tab. But sometimes there is the tab directly visible (haven't found out when).

Greets

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 04:55 AM
    If it grinds your gears remember to engage the clutch.
    But, you do know holding the keys brings up characters on certain letters?
    07-06-15 05:53 AM
    For sure, but imagine that on every 3rd word...
    Annoying

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 06:04 AM
    I don't speak (or read) German so not sure this will make sense, but you can use word replace so that you can type the word without special letters and have it replaced with the correct version. This is how i becomes I and im becomes I'm and other examples in English.
    07-06-15 06:41 AM
    Here you go. As mentioned, long press letters to bring up different options.

What really grind my gears (keyboard)....-img_20150706_074947.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 06:51 AM
    For sure, but imagine that on every 3rd word...
    Annoying

Posted via CB10
    You should probably just capitulate to the superior language. English.

Lol jk!

Do these special characters not become more easily accessible when you set the keyboard language appropriately? I type in Spanish often and it is a bit of a pain to have to long press for the accent and the ... but luckily the autocorrect usually fixed it for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 07:04 AM
    i rely on auto correct for hungarian words and it works nicely, why dont you just let the phone switch to the accented characters by itself
    07-06-15 07:08 AM
    Yes and no!

Especially the short words or "slangs" make it hard sometimes.

The word "n" for example means "Nein" (no in English)

He will use "no" preferred. Maybe because I got german AND English as autocorrect (which I need both). So even for this short word I always must press that few seconds for just two letters. May be hard to believe, but that can be annoying. Even when you got much of that short slang words with special chars.

That would be much nicer if I could use that letters directly on the keyboard. Maybe that nations with special characters will more understand (hello turkey :-p )
    07-06-15 07:18 AM
    Yes and no!

Especially the short words or "slangs" make it hard sometimes.

The word "n" for example means "Nein" (no in English)

He will use "no" preferred. Maybe because I got german AND English as autocorrect (which I need both). So even for this short word I always must press that few seconds for just two letters. May be hard to believe, but that can be annoying. Even when you got much of that short slang words with special chars.

That would be much nicer if I could use that letters directly on the keyboard. Maybe that nations with special characters will more understand (hello turkey :-p )
    For this example I would set up a word replacement rule for 'nein' --> n

I know it's not perfect, but 'no' is a too short (and ambiguous) for the keyboard to 'know' which language to switch to.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:29 AM
    Over time the accented words Witt appear in the suggestions... works well in french admittedly having a smaller accent set...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:38 AM