The solution is in the cloud. Go on though and keep resisting change. I hope that resisting change serves you "Small Business" users well in other respects too.

There are plenty of cloud solutions at very affordable prices (a lot that are free in fact) for "Small Business" users who can't afford BES and Exchange Servers of their own. I am a "Small Business" owner who uses Office365 and can't say enough good about it.

What's all the worry about security and privacy of cloud services anyways??? What? Like the PC running in your little office is Fort Knox??? I am sure that you have things locked down far better than what Microsoft or Google or BlackBerry would be able to provide for you.

This is not a BlackBerry problem. All providers are moving everything to the cloud. But keep running your business with windows xp and a fax machine. Your competitors are going to leave you in the dust.

Just my take...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Those of us who run small businesses are probably more adept at embracing change than some larger companies. Just to help the understanding of this issue which if it doesn't affect you will be meaningless.
    There are those of us particularly in Europe who have to conform to condition known as the "Data protection act " this means without getting into it to deeply that those of us with personal information or Data of any kind is not allowed to store that data outside the European Union. If said data does escape there are fines and I think imprisonment waiting. Those of us who work in the health field (I am a psychotherapist) cannot allow personal data to escape our systems into the general domain, the UK National Health Service now will not use computer systems that are "off site" many other institutions are the same. Indeed much of our patient notes are not allowed to be stored on a computer even, as seen from the various breaches of privacy Phone hacking etc security in the cloud or where ever is an issue. If it were not then we wouldn't need security software. I hope that this polite rant has helped the perspective. From my perspective I came to BlackBerry from a windows phone precisely because windows phone exclusively uses cloud storage for most of its functioning and because BlackBerry is the most secure system.
    02-14-13 06:55 AM
    I spoke to someone at Blackberry yesterday and she said they are working on a fix. She is in marketing and wants it ready before the u.s.a. launch in mid march. That being said marketers do not write code so lets see what the nerds come up with.
    b320 and Rooster99 like this.
    02-14-13 08:11 AM
27 12