Who says BlackBerry 10 users are even interested in a slider phone?

Posted via CB10
    This guy right here!
    02-19-16 01:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I am. The Torch2 9810 is still extremely tempting for me (just haven't got enough time to actually buy it). The slider is alright, it's the android part that keeps me away. Had it been a BB10, I would have tried my damnedest to get it. Sama goes with Vienna.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 02:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not me. Waited so long for an new fulltouch Z30 follower. Not a downgrade like Leap and Z3.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    02-19-16 04:12 AM
    Not me. Waited so long for an new fulltouch Z30 follower. Not a downgrade like Leap and Z3.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    The Leap was never marketed nor sold as a Z30 successor. It is its own entity.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    02-19-16 10:23 AM
    "First world" problems. Maybe these guys should be exposed to "NEPA" problems.
    Up NEPA!!!
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-23-16 10:44 PM
    Experienced WP lately and quite liking it so far. Hate Apple and Android so as another poster said, hoping my Z30 holds out as WP seems as bereft of Apps as BB10. Unfortunately, BB10 seems to be getting worse day by day ( BB10 apps disappearing) . No problem as such if Android apps continue to work due largely to the efforts of our friends such as Cobalt. Unfortunately, the Android runtime is becoming laggy and needs an update so no sign of this from BlackBerry. So, for me it will be a case of enjoy my BB10 family (Q5, Z10 and chiefly Z30 while I can then, who knows.....

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    02-24-16 03:27 PM
    I really don't think BlackBerry 10 is dead, it may be for the average sheep/consumer but not for the people that aren't looking for a status symbol, but I will be with my passport for a long time and after that I may go to ubuntu phone. Never will I go back to android, and I'm willing to bet that before 2017 android will have at least 7 major security issues. And as long as BlackBerry has government contracts I am almost 100% sure it won't be on their android phone of any version.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ali Denver; 02-24-16 at 11:27 PM.
    02-24-16 04:54 PM
    Experienced WP lately and quite liking it so far. Hate Apple and Android so as another poster said, hoping my Z30 holds out as WP seems as bereft of Apps as BB10. Unfortunately, BB10 seems to be getting worse day by day ( BB10 apps disappearing) . No problem as such if Android apps continue to work due largely to the efforts of our friends such as Cobalt. Unfortunately, the Android runtime is becoming laggy and needs an update so no sign of this from BlackBerry. So, for me it will be a case of enjoy my BB10 family (Q5, Z10 and chiefly Z30 while I can then, who knows.....

I always thought Windows phone and BB10 were kinda similar, with them and their live tiles and us with our active tiles and both OS being niche. Beyond that (and the app gap), have you found any similarity between Windows phone and BB10? I was considering moving there if my Classic can't run apps properly anymore.
    02-24-16 09:58 PM
    Well I got a Windows phone cause it was darn cheap, but honestly I can't stand it. I don't see why I would use it over BB10 for sure, but not even iOS.
    I dunno what this grumbling is about moving off BB phones. They're built reliable, they last a while. Average BB user holds on to it for nearly 3 years. I anticipate running my phones for a long time until the hardware fails. What exactly does even a Q10 fail to do right now? I don't see much lacking when used as a communication device (not a gaming/media device).
    Sure, go buy Android, then see if your phone still receives updates after 2 years. See if your manufacturer is still around (hint: check how many Android makers are profitable, you can probably count them on 1 finger). If you think BB will can their handset business cause they can't make a profit from it, then you need to put all the other 'droid and WinPhone makers in the same boat, especially those whose only business is making handsets. Ok, now who you gonna buy from then?? You got 2 choices, Apple or Samsung.
    sid89 likes this.
    02-24-16 10:31 PM
    I always thought Windows phone and BB10 were kinda similar, with them and their live tiles and us with our active tiles and both OS being niche. Beyond that (and the app gap), have you found any similarity between Windows phone and BB10? I was considering moving there if my Classic can't run apps properly anymore.
    Haven't used WP extensively enough to make a fair comparison to be honest but just my initial perception is better than I expected. Keyboard, calendar, contacts and all the usual stuff was very easy to set up. System seems fluid, camera is good, fast to focus and shots are clear and sharp. Colours are more exaggerated than Z30 camera but also more true to life in a way. The WP panels and themes are more customisable than on BB10. Out of the options available (iOs/droid) then I'm more comfortable with WP and it is an alternative I could live with and be happy to use . The Hub and Keyboard and prediction on Z30 win hands down from my experience so far. About all I can say for now but I would say WP feels quite intuitive.

02-25-16 10:45 AM
    I don't understand this - "BB10 is dying". I mean - it just won't be "turned off" at some point - it just won't be upgraded (except for some rumored security updates). So won't it be useable for several years out? I can still run OS7 on my Bold 9930 - how old is that?
    But there will be no opportunity to go to the store and buy a future model. What you see is what you get. Does that help you understand when people say BlackBerry 10 is dying?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:02 PM
    I'll probably go Windows phone since it will probably work the best when connecting to Windows pc with Outlook services. Wish my next phone was a z50 with BlackBerry 10 but Chen went and f**+ed that up. Now I have to spend my money with another company. See how it works Chen? Have a good quarter.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:05 PM
    I have 8 months left on my contract. I will probably switch and get the iphone 7. After the q10, z30 and now a passport. I think I'm done, I'm tired of the sideloading. I just want a phone that works

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:22 PM
    I have 8 months left on my contract. I will probably switch and get the iphone 7. After the q10, z30 and now a passport. I think I'm done, I'm tired of the sideloading. I just want a phone that works

Posted via CB10
    You mean you want a phone that works with the APPS that YOU want.

BlackBerry works fine for me and always have... and that's because I do not need apps / games extensively, so sideloading is not an issue.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-26-16 08:39 AM
    Haven't used WP extensively enough to make a fair comparison to be honest but just my initial perception is better than I expected. Keyboard, calendar, contacts and all the usual stuff was very easy to set up. System seems fluid, camera is good, fast to focus and shots are clear and sharp. Colours are more exaggerated than Z30 camera but also more true to life in a way. The WP panels and themes are more customisable than on BB10. Out of the options available (iOs/droid) then I'm more comfortable with WP and it is an alternative I could live with and be happy to use . The Hub and Keyboard and prediction on Z30 win hands down from my experience so far. About all I can say for now but I would say WP feels quite intuitive.

Thank you for the comparison, it is much appreciated.
    02-26-16 11:15 PM
90 ... 234