You guys are fighting a losing battle. It must really hurt you each time you see a review of the Priv as 95% of them are positive.

BlackBerry has gone android and the tech community love it. John Chen definitely knows what he's doing. It's only you hurt bb10 diehards that keep convincing yourselves otherwise.

You're wrong. John Chen is right. BlackBerry 10 is good but not great. Android is good too and is that much greater because it has the app support yours and my beloved OS never had.

I had a passport and sold it. Still have a z10 as my back up and my Priv as my main phone. I love both OS's but I agree Android is more fit for purpose and I'm glad BlackBerry went android.

You guys should give up the pointless battle and support BlackBerry. Android is every bit as good as BlackBerry 10 and better in loads of ways.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    "First world" problems. Maybe these guys should be exposed to "NEPA" problems.
    02-05-16 10:57 AM
    Well, I am on Verizon and waiting for the Priv to roll out. When it eventually does I will give it an honest try but my intentions are to only evaluate it for the two weeks before making a final decision: to keep or not. If I don't, I am going to go with the Classic. If Verizon does not release a definitive release date for the Priv this month, then I'm going with the Classic for sure.

If I end up with the Classic I plan to use it as my daily driver through 2016 at most, which will give me time to figure out my next move--Surface Phone, Vienna, Priv 2, or whatever else may be out there by then. I do 90% of my computing on a laptop and desktop, the majority of my "mobile entertainment" needs are met with my iPad, and my smartphone is essentially just a PDA with telephony. I really don't need a $700 powerhouse. In fact, that is exactly what I use it for. I have had three Android handsets in the past and played around with widgets, homescreens, apps, Cyanogenmod, launchers, and so on and could never find a solution/layout that actually worked for me. Personally, I find the lack of customization to be a bonus as I know exactly where everything is at.

The BB10 Facebook and Twitter apps suck, but for how much I use either from my phone they are fine (actually, I find the BB10 Twitter good enough for broadcasting from the field) although the FB app can at times be annoying (sometimes posts "cannot be displayed" and sometimes they can; sometimes my feed "bottoms out" and sometimes I can scroll for days). The BB10 Browser in my opinion also sucks but it is good enough for my own needs and usages. It has been crashing a lot lately, though.

I don't understand this - "BB10 is dying". I mean - it just won't be "turned off" at some point - it just won't be upgraded (except for some rumored security updates). So won't it be useable for several years out? I can still run OS7 on my Bold 9930 - how old is that?
    BB10 may never move past 10.3 and it could run just fine for many years considering if BlackBerry does the bare minimum maintenance to keep it up to par; otherwise things will start to act all wonky. I have a first gen iPad. Three years ago Safari stopped being able to hold open a webpage for longer than one minute before crashing. Many apps crash, too, although iTunes is still solid. It is stuck on iOS 5.1 and jailbroke; even that cannot update it past 5.1. if it were not for the music library the thing would be totally useless--three years ago. Now before you say it, Apple still supports the iPad 2.

You guys are fighting a losing battle. It must really hurt you each time you see a review of the Priv as 95% of them are positive.
    It's my battle to fight, not yours, why is it of any concern to you?

Naw, those reviews do not hurt. In fact, I am happy that most are shining a positive light on the Priv.

BlackBerry has gone android and the tech community love it. John Chen definitely knows what he's doing. It's only you hurt bb10 diehards that keep convincing yourselves otherwise.
    I do agree that Chen knows what he is doing right now, but I do not believe that he knows what he is ultimately going to do with handsets in the future. That is to say their roadmap has many forks and turns.

While my perspective on BB10 surely differs from yours, I am a realist at the end of the day. I hold no fantasy that BB10 will make a triumphant comeback or even go out in a blaze of glory. Whatever the future may hold for BB10, Android on BlackBerry, etc., is up in the air and I am really not concerned with anything beyond 2016 at this point in time.

You're wrong. John Chen is right. BlackBerry 10 is good but not great. Android is good too and is that much greater because it has the app support yours and my beloved OS never had.
    Most will agree but ultimately it is a matter of opinion. It sucks that BB10 does not have the same support and we all know that apps sell phones but in reality it comes down to does BB10 have the apps that you need or not. For me, the answer is yes.

You know, Chen had to be convinced to take the Android route so if anyone here is right, that person would be Louks.

I had a passport and sold it. Still have a z10 as my back up and my Priv as my main phone. I love both OS's but I agree Android is more fit for purpose and I'm glad BlackBerry went android.
    More fit for your purposes.

You guys should give up the pointless battle and support BlackBerry. Android is every bit as good as BlackBerry 10 and better in loads of ways.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    So, buying a Classic from a carrier or Shop BlackBerry is not supporting BlackBerry?

Not a Facebook user (or games), and I haven't seen any bugs in the Contacts app.
    Contacts is horrible. It just flat out sucks.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-05-16 11:19 AM
    Believe you me, BB10 users are not 'waiting around until their facebook app stops working' before they jump ship.
    I don't understand your point here. The poor quality of the BB10 Facebook app is a common complaint, and the reason why Nemory is building a third-party alternative. Are you saying that Facebook is somehow less important to BB10 users than it is to other people, or else they would have jumped ship long ago?
    acovey likes this.
    02-05-16 11:32 AM
    There's lots of interesting options in phones these days and they all have some great perks. I love my passport for its hub, battery life and communication.

The nexus 6p seems to be getting great reviews - looks like a great package with stock Android.

My wife is currently running with the iPhone 6s and they're developing some interesting features in that os as well. They seem to be pushing privacy and security a lot.

Windows phones seem to be a little buggy at the moment but they may get more polished in the coming months.

I think people need to figure out what they require from a device and pick from that.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:02 PM
    Recently went from Z10 to Passport SE. I don't know what smartphone I'll buy 2,3 years from now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bogdan Tudor Dan; 02-06-16 at 11:05 AM.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-05-16 12:07 PM
    That's just the facts of the matter - unless you're happy with a device that does nothing but email and SMS, and if so, welcome to 2002!
    Darn, I just realized I belong in 2002 because my phone used for mostly communication and taking pics of docs with the excellent native OCR app.

We are a dying breed lol

Wanna give a shout out to ClipMan app, my most used app lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 02-05-16 at 04:37 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    02-05-16 02:11 PM
    Computers, and especially mobile, is evolving far too quickly to keep an unsupported device for very long. That's just the facts of the matter - unless you're happy with a device that does nothing but email and SMS, and if so, welcome to 2002!
    Soooooooo much BS, is your shovel tired? The old apps still work. Do newer phones not have bugs? Lots of people in the real world have older phones that don't have the absolute latest of everything.
    acovey likes this.
    02-05-16 04:15 PM
    I have a Classic with about 1.5 years left on a 2 year contract.

If there are no BB PKB phones being produced when contract is up I will likely just keep the Classic until it croaks.
    I do a lot of texting and a fair bit of email, etc. I HATE, LOATHE the on-screen keyboards. I have repeatedly said that just trying to type the wireless password on my wife's iPhone makes me want to hurl it in frustration.

So, for me it will be PKB that's the deciding factor. If that means I have to go BB Android, then so be it.
    Unfortunately, BB10 just doesn't have the market share to really stay alive.
    On the Blackberry keyboard (both BB10 and Priv) after you typed the 2nd or 3rd character in the WIFI password the second time, it will offer the whole key up and all you have to do is flick it. The company name where I work is about 25 characters long and I only have to type 2 characters, flick, type one character, flick, flick, flick and it's done. I was a diehard PKB user until I fell in love with BBRY's VKB. I've only used the PKB on my Priv a couple of times, I've had it out more times just to show it had one...
    02-05-16 04:25 PM
    I'd get another Q10 or probably a Classic. I can still use my 6 YEARS OLD PlayBook working just fine for my translation business (with a bluetooth keyboard) so I don't need anything else. I can even do that on my current one year old Q10 and Passport. I can literally work anytime, anywhere. Any other heavier assignment (image editing, etc) I can do on my laptop.

Hah!

Oh, and btw, there's an excellent FACEBOOK 10 app on BlackBerry World to replace the default Facebook app that doesn't work.
    02-05-16 04:53 PM
    My hope was a full touchscreen device from BlackBerry for Android 6 and Android Runtime 6 with BBOS 12 at the same time. KABOOM but after the news about cutting down devolpment in staff for hardware and software devolpment I doubt we ever see a BB10 device again.

It's strange that they didn't get in fall 2015 a new full touchscreen device for Z10 and Z30 users to renew it . Ok , there was the leap but doesn't feel like an upgrade. I also don't get it why they keep using the same number for the OS. You needed only some new icons and call it 11. It's what Apple also doing. It's look new so why not. People like to buy new stuff thing and upgraded stuff but BlackBerry is not like that, they keep coming with qwerty again and again and I love my Passport , but 99,8% of the people using touchscreen.

To sell things you must must move people
    02-05-16 06:06 PM
    Have a Z30, still going strong. Been mulling over purchasing the passport, but it is too "professional" for me, haven't been able to convince to buy it, not at the currently price anyways, especially with all the uncertainty over the future of BB10. Picked up a Huawei P8 for a very good price today. Still in the box, and still unsure about moving from the Z30 as it is still doing it's job!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 06:58 PM
    I don't understand your point here. The poor quality of the BB10 Facebook app is a common complaint, and the reason why Nemory is building a third-party alternative. Are you saying that Facebook is somehow less important to BB10 users than it is to other people, or else they would have jumped ship long ago?
    I'm sorry, sometimes my sarcastic undertones can throw off my context.

To be clear, I don't think that Facebook itself is more or less important to BB10 users than others, however having all of the latest and greatest apps is obviously not. I was simply using the Facebook app as an example of something that is clearly not a deal-breaker for me and many other current users, otherwise the deal would have been broken long ago. And, yes, we are thankful to our native developers like Nemory for keeping BB10 alive with native app development.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-05-16 07:20 PM
    An SE Passport or ATT version will be in use for years. Why move away?
    02-05-16 07:53 PM
    Samsung has my dollars going forward. In happy with my Galaxy tablet so might as well have the matching phone. But my z10 is still working fine so in not in a hurry

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:25 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is my primary and will use it until my devices become too slow. I get what people are saying by it not going away and could be useable for the next 5 years but there are things I was able to do on my PlayBook 4 years ago like go on SoundCloud that simply won't work like it did and has broken functionality plus the old hardware is so slow now. Throw in things like the FREAK browser attacks or whatever and I suppose a device without updates becomes less secure.

Since the PRIV came out, I've been impressed both good and bad. I'd probably have it if it were priced lower and I didn't already have a hoard of BlackBerry 10 devices. I bought an iPod to check out he newest iOS more extensively while keeping it affordable and I really like iOS aside from bugs but it makes me like BlackBerry 10 even more.

I've given my Z30 to a friend who lost their job to replace their damaged Z10 since they didn't know where to go and traded a Passport to another in frustration with their 'upgrade' Android device after having used BlackBerry as well. I still have a few BlackBerry 10 phones tho, half in good shape, the others worse for wear.

So unplanned but with an open mind, I have an Android phone to play with of similar to BlackBerry 10 spec. I'm finding it to be fun but also am surprised by how unfinished some things feel on Android compared to BlackBerry 10 if that's even possible. Like for one, I used to really enjoy reader mode on my preferred browser being the stock one and switching to night mode on Z30. In Chrome which is my preferred browser and one I've considered to be industry leading, on the Android phone, I can't do this. It's not a completed option and had to be enabled with warnings for even half of it to work.. So I'm using more battery with oled. Liking the Mobile Nations apps tho. Probably the most smooth ones I have on here and with dark theme! . I was also surprised I couldn't use the phone as a USB drive when hooked to a computer the same way I use my BlackBerry.

TL;DR, The BlackBerry keyboard continues on with Android and this is how I can type too much lol. I think the PRIV may be in my future perhaps when the price comes down and maybe after it gets Marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-16 11:10 PM
    I will be moving, when the time comes, to one of the Q's I have in stock on the shelf...........
    02-06-16 12:25 AM
    Priv

Posted via My BlackBerry PRIV cause I'm a Priviot
    02-06-16 12:37 AM
    Android is the OS for the future . BB10 is now in complete maintenance mode after seeing the developments of this week . I have already taken up the Priv but my heart always remains with my Passport which is irresistible particularly when using the HUB.
    02-06-16 01:53 AM
    Wiley Fox Cyanogen.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 04:05 AM
    The latest offering is the Priv. I am enjoying the device but always miss the BB10 hub .
    02-06-16 05:57 AM
    Ios, bcoz just like BlackBerry dumped us I too want to dump them,

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 06:01 AM
    What other phones are BB10 users moving to now that Blackberry won't offer the slider with BB10?-nokia.gif
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-06-16 09:01 AM
    You fighting a losing battle trying to convince those who choose BB10 as their OS that Android is better. As I stated I have iOS &Andtid devices for app testing &consider Android the worst of the OSes I use. If the BB slider is the best physical keyboard unit available I will consider it, but the fact it runs Android is a negative . I am more like to choose a Windows keyboard phone. Stop telling people what they SHOULD like from YOUR perceptive . Opinions are appreciated, telling people they are wasting their opinions is not.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 09:55 AM
    Ios, bcoz just like BlackBerry dumped us I too want to dump them,

Posted via CB10
    No one "dumped" you. BB10 wasn't successful so it is being phased out. It isn't about you.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:19 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nokia.gif 
Views:	1143 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	390419
    used on of this end of 1999 on the old C-net, horrible heavy to carry around.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-06-16 10:35 AM
90 1234