Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what are my options if I'm not available to update through the normal process (i.e. OTA, through Link, etc.). Here is the situation. I'm currently running a Verizon Z30 on the Bell network in Canada. This device is connected to my employer's BES. As I've learned from previous posts, because the Verizon Z30 model (i.e. STA100-3) was never released by Bell, they will not issue an update for this device. So how do I get the 10.3.1. upgrade? I know that one potential is waiting for Verizon to release it, but we all know how long it takes for the US carriers to approve it, so I'm looking for a quicker alternative.

So here is what I know are options, and what I have tried:
    1) Using Sachesi to load the new OS -- unfortunately this solution is not available for me and I've tried to load many of the leaks. It appears the company IT policy prevents this from functioning. I try to upgrade through Sachesi and it just closes the connection. I can upgrade my spare device through Sachesi, so I know it isn't user error.
    2) Remove SIM card and connect to WiFi -- unfortunately this has not worked either. It just shows that I have the latest software (i.e. 10.2.1), which we obviously know is not the case.
    3) Connect the device to BB Link and upgrade through it -- this also didn't work for me either. It also showed that I had the latest software consistent with #2 above.

Having gone through this, I've concluded that there is no alternative but to wait on VZ, but I wanted to ask the community.
    Let me know if you can think of anything.
    Thanks.
    02-20-15 03:39 PM
    As far as I know, all devices should get the update regardless of carrier, you probably just need to wait a few days. Your second solution is your best bet, I would try that every couple of days for the next 10 days and I imagine you'll get it within that time frame.
    02-20-15 04:42 PM
    Is the device with the policy on it company provided? If it is, "ask" the IT department to allow the usage of Sachesi for side loading the OS update. If it is personally owned, "tell" the it department to allow Sachesi for side loading the OS update.
    02-20-15 05:39 PM
    Is the device with the policy on it company provided? If it is, "ask" the IT department to allow the usage of Sachesi for side loading the OS update. If it is personally owned, "tell" the it department to allow Sachesi for side loading the OS update.
    The phone is personally owned. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the ability to "tell" the IT folks to allow for Sachesi. I'm not actually sure how I would do this. I don't think they would know what Sachesi is. I work in an organization of approximately 10,000 individuals and we don't have direct access to our IT department. I could open a "ticket" but I don't see it being something they will consider.
    02-21-15 12:12 PM