I've been watching all the videos coming out , all of which demonstrate how to switch between apps and go back to the hub or the "home screen" but how exactly does one go back within an app ? is this an on screen option or is there a movement gesture for this ?
    02-05-13 11:34 AM
    Depends on the app.. some have a back button, some you swipe back on the bezel.
    02-05-13 11:38 AM
    when you say swipe back on the bezel you mean a gesture similar to the back swipe used on the playbook for android apps ?
    02-05-13 11:43 AM
    Depends on the app.. some have a back button, some you swipe back on the bezel.
    In other words it's a totally inconsistent mess?

One of my biggest frustrations with the PlayBook was the inconsistency with going 'back'. In the settings menu, you swipe up to close. In the browser settings window you press the 'back' button. In horrible android apps, you swipe middle-to-left on the bottom bezel.

What a wreck. And they didn't even fix that for BB10.
    02-05-13 11:45 AM

One of my biggest frustrations with the PlayBook was the inconsistency with going 'back'. In the settings menu, you swipe up to close. In the browser settings window you press the 'back' button. In horrible android apps, you swipe middle-to-left on the bottom bezel.

No, you're wrong, there's always a back button but with most apps you can swipe back instead also. Think of it as swiping up to show or hide the apps on the PlayBook, you can swipe but you can also tap the little arrows.
    02-05-13 01:33 PM

it is actually simple. if there is a back button (most likely native app) you hit it... if not (android port) swipe out

so there are two categories and each has its gesture/button... if this is a 'complicated mess' then good luck with an iphone or android where all the apps have different ways to do pretty much anything.
    02-05-13 01:37 PM
    I'd also like clarification on "swipe back on the bezel". Is this the nearly horizontal but slightly upward swipe along the bottom bezel? This sounds fine to me if it's always, or most always, available, in addition to any in-app back button. Even in BBOS there is sometimes more than one way to back out of whatever you started to do. The BBOS back button usually does the job, but not always.
    02-05-13 01:44 PM