I'm like you, not an apple fan and I give credit where it's due but I'm getting the new mac book pro when it comes out! So excited!!

Posted via CB10
    The mbp was just refreshed with a minor spec bump from the late 2013 model. Which one are you waiting for?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:49 PM
    OP> I agree with you. Apple has spend many resources designing every bit of iOS to give the user a specific feeling when operating their products.

It feels nice and has a certain touch of elegance or smoothness if you want.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and menshawy like this.
    08-20-14 03:59 PM
    Op, might help if you use the correct terminology. Cool, quick animations is really 'slick', ie (of an action or thing) done or operating in an impressively smooth, efficient, and apparently effortless way.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:12 PM
    The mbp was just refreshed with a minor spec bump from the late 2013 model. Which one are you waiting for?

Posted via CB10
    That was the early 2014 minor spec bump release. Along with the release of Yosemite OsX, there'll be new macbook pro release with a possible design change and possible Broadwell Chip (if released on time) along with rumored 12 inch macbook air

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:12 PM
    Op, might help if you use the correct terminology. Cool, quick animations is really 'slick', ie (of an action or thing) done or operating in an impressively smooth, efficient, and apparently effortless way.

Posted via CB10
    Smooth transitions is a very correct terminology. Now if you think this is the thread for correcting people, than you're very much mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:14 PM
    Apple's os is over 5 years in existence. Once BlackBerry 10 hits 5 years it will be more refined and an as-smooth-as-them experience.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    Of course, then will be talking about something that iOS is doing that takes 10 years to accomplish.
    08-20-14 04:28 PM
    For the billionth time, I'm not referring to smooth as the opposite of lag, but I'm referring to smooth as the transitions between screens. Read the thread and you'd have known

Posted via CB10
    Ha Ha, you're quite the special spirit aren't you. I DID read your thread and I'm sorry if a majority of us directly relate the characteristics of smooth transitions between apps and menus with the overall "smoothness" and the absence of "lag". It's the same difference to some of us. Btw, I personally own a device from every Platform and let me say.... iOS isn't immune from choppy transitions.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    08-20-14 04:36 PM
    PDAs were the first mobile operating system but they were aimed at business users. apple was the one to market their stuff more heavily, but their phone wasnt the first full touch device either and lacked a lot of stuff, like mms and video recording.
    now you mean the only thing that they invented is their chipset? which is btw using licensed ARM so its not like they made one from scratch. can you please tell me an ACTUAL innovation that apple invented? im not even a blackberry fanboy, i have galaxy s3, s4, xperia z, lumias lying around but they all failed me as a daily driver though and i do feel there are stuff i miss with my blackberry
    I said 'modern' mobile operating system, apple were partners for webkit development which powers many mobile browser including blackberry, pinch-zoom, etc. Hopefully that provides a basis to list the advances apple has made or contributed to the mobile operating system platform

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would wait for the next one with broadwell.
    08-20-14 05:42 PM
    I would wait for the next one with broadwell.
    That's what I'm waiting for too but if it doesn't come out by Christmas, then I'll go for the early 2014 version

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:45 PM
    I have a Z10 with 10.2.1 as well as an iPhone with iOS7 on it and it doesn't seem noticeably smoother to me...

08-20-14 08:04 PM
    I have a Z10 with 10.2.1 as well as an iPhone with iOS7 on it and it doesn't seem noticeably smoother to me...

Read the whole thread.

Posted via CB10
    rallen562 likes this.
    08-20-14 08:09 PM
    Read the whole thread.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think reading a thread will change someone's opinion...
    08-20-14 08:43 PM
    I don't think reading a thread will change someone's opinion...
    It will because they're giving me their opinion without understanding what I'm asking for. They read the thread title and reply. If they read even the first 3 posts, they'd understand I'm not talking about lag, I'm talking about the animations

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:08 PM
    It will because they're giving me their opinion without understanding what I'm asking for. They read the thread title and reply. If they read even the first 3 posts, they'd understand I'm not talking about lag, I'm talking about the animations

Posted via CB10
    They didn't say anything about lag... :scratches head:?
    08-20-14 11:48 PM
    OP, what BB10 device are you using?
    08-21-14 12:29 AM
    Also could just be the way they have created the transition animations that are giving this perception. Sorry not really all that familiar with iOS or windows phone
    This. I have experience with windows phones. It's not smoother. But the transition animation make it looks like they are smoother. Just eye candy. They opening apps on windows phone. It would not load as fast as on BlackBerry 10.
    08-21-14 02:27 AM
    Smooth transitions is a very correct terminology. Now if you think this is the thread for correcting people, than you're very much mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure a definition out of a dictionary is correct, and that you're spending a good amount of time correcting people. If you're correcting too many people because they haven't read your clarification, it usually means that maybe your original definition was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:04 AM
    There was an article on engadget or the verge regarding IOS and Windows fluid experience. It is a software related. If I remember its something related to a core OS prioritized processes or something. On IOS, UX elements get full priority when you start interaction. It so deep in OS core that Android have to be rewritten totally to be able to offer same UX.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    cman5 likes this.
    08-21-14 03:36 AM
    Quality Control and obsessive striving for smoothness (not settling)

As BlackBerry 10 matures more it'll get better or so we expect.

I just wish they would keep phones simple instead of making 6 different form factors. It helps with visual recognition and accessory manufacturing and availability. But that's another topic
    cman5 likes this.
    08-21-14 05:12 AM
    Man, stop defending undefendable things, opening an app right away is faster than jumping to the home screen and then opening the app. Period
    pttptppt and cman5 like this.
    08-21-14 05:27 AM
    Man, stop defending undefendable things, opening an app right away is faster than jumping to the home screen and then opening the app. Period
    I don't understand your point....
    08-21-14 06:41 AM
    Maybe Rene Ritchie can stop by and chime in with some technical details. But I know exactly what you mean, I have iOS devices and latest Android like the HTC One M8 and although Android has gotten better over the years, it's still no where near iOS's smoothness. I think it's a combination of 60 fps animations/hardware accelerated graphics that add to the smoothness and good displays that add to the responsiveness.
    08-21-14 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    hi, if you don't know me, i'm far from a troll or someone who doesn't know how to get the gist of a thread.. i read the first few pages where you thoroughly clarified what you're talking about and skimmed the last few posts before mine that were filled with mostly technical drivel...

I've also been around computers and mobile OS's for all my life so I know lag from intentional animations/transitions...

...or is no one allowed to disagree with you without being wrong?
    cman5 likes this.
    08-21-14 08:19 AM
    Optimization, experience and quality control. Something iOS and now, BB10.2 has in common. Android? Lacks the very basics of optimization, they should rename it to bloatdroid and get it over with.
    08-21-14 08:20 AM
147 ... 3456