If I could vote for anything, I would say to up-spec the speed of the on-board non-volatile store, whether that means to increase the data lines or to spec faster flash. That would make things load quicker and feel quicker overall.
    08-19-14 06:04 PM
    what the **** did i just read? have you ever used a windows phone? i have a lumia 1020 lying around in the house and theres a huge lag when you swipe down or to the right on the main tiles screen
    08-19-14 06:20 PM
    Well i'm just saying my Z30 is the best phone on the planet,

that's the planet i live on all by my self.
    The Big Picture and Douken like this.
    08-19-14 06:51 PM
    Hardware. Better gpu and ram, smoother flow.
    It also may vary in the os on the animation and transition side (coding).

Posted via CB10
    THe RAM may be better but there's only 1 GB of it
    08-19-14 07:15 PM
    Use any iPhone 5c or 5s and you'll see how smooth it is.

And btw, I'm not referring to smooth as the opposite of lag but once you use one of these devices, you'll understand what I mean by smooth

Posted via CB10
    I have used those phones too, and I know what you mean by smooth, you mean those slow animations that Apple put in for every graphical operation in iOS. Those ones that make you go "ooh" the first time you see them but then after a while you realise are actually wasting your time every time you try to do something, making you wait for current thing to flip and slide out the way so the next thing can flutter in to view, or whatever transitional effect Apple decides arbitrarily to use.

I'd rather have BB10's fast snappiness. It can't wait to get the current thing out of the way for you and blast the thing you asked for on to the screen so you can get on with using it. That's the BlackBerry way.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    08-19-14 07:21 PM
    Perfectly described all I wanted to say

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:27 PM
    Then why can't BlackBerry just implement similar transitions. It'd make the os look much superior to the way it is atm

Posted via CB10
    It could be for the reasons for why BlackBerry 10 was built. Knowing BlackBerry has been more for the business user, they thought that all the animations that iOS has wouldn't be necessary for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-19-14 08:11 PM
    what the **** did i just read? have you ever used a windows phone? i have a lumia 1020 lying around in the house and theres a huge lag when you swipe down or to the right on the main tiles screen
    I'm not referring to "smooth" as the opposite of lag. You don't understand. I mean when for example in ios 7 you slide left to right to go back, it's much "smoother" than bb10. Sure neither lags but it's the transition that is smooth

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    08-19-14 08:34 PM
    I have used those phones too, and I know what you mean by smooth, you mean those slow animations that Apple put in for every graphical operation in iOS. Those ones that make you go "ooh" the first time you see them but then after a while you realise are actually wasting your time every time you try to do something, making you wait for current thing to flip and slide out the way so the next thing can flutter in to view, or whatever transitional effect Apple decides arbitrarily to use.

I'd rather have BB10's fast snappiness. It can't wait to get the current thing out of the way for you and blast the thing you asked for on to the screen so you can get on with using it. That's the BlackBerry way.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    You claim bb10 is fast. Open an app. Which opens faster? Bb10 or ios 7? IOS 7. Bb10 goes to the home screen and then opens the app. I'm not an apple fan (except for macbooks) but I have to admit that what they do, they do well

Posted via CB10
    Douken likes this.
    08-19-14 08:36 PM
    You claim bb10 is fast. Open an app. Which opens faster? Bb10 or ios 7? IOS 7. Bb10 goes to the home screen and then opens the app. I'm not an apple fan (except for macbooks) but I have to admit that what they do, they do well

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has always advertised that bb10 "flows". I think going to the home screen milliseconds before the app opens helps the use orient themselves once they leave the application. :shrugs:
    08-19-14 09:00 PM
    Blackberry has always advertised that bb10 "flows". I think going to the home screen milliseconds before the app opens helps the use orient themselves once they leave the application. :shrugs:
    It's about 1.5 unnecessary seconds imo

Posted via CB10
    Douken likes this.
    08-19-14 09:05 PM
    My experience with ios6 and bb10 is very smooth. Specially if you have a matte screen protector.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    08-19-14 09:22 PM
    It's about 1.5 unnecessary seconds imo

Posted via CB10
    What the difference between both about 1-1.5 seconds issue when you wanna swap the apps?

iOS, place home button (1-1.5 seconds including animation and transition ) -> choose the app and run,
    OR place home button for around 1.5 -2 seconds to use multitasking solution.

BBOS10, swipe from bottom , and choose app. Yea yea, 1.5 seconds wasting as you said.

BUT as if you see, both of them "waste" 1-2 seconds, not only BBOS man!
    BUT#2, BlackBerry claimed that they are flows moving experience. I can tell I am so sick about iOS or event Android when I would like to swap the application or let sth running in background.

This is what I feel and think lol

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:42 PM
    It is very smooth.

For example compare swiping up from the bottom to reveal the control center on iOS to swiping down from the top for BB10's quick settings, I'd say is about the same fluidity. IOS is a tad bit quicker.

But then again, my Q10 is specs from 2011 where as the latest Snapdragons still aren't as fast as Apple's A7 CPU processors.

So I think BB10 is holding up pretty well taking specs into account.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:49 PM
    You kidding?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Surely 10.3 will make opening an app faster (ask people using leaked 10.3).
    "what they do, they do well", really? My sister (ex BB user) is on her fifth iphone in less than 2 years!
    Even though she mocks me about using BB (I have a Z30), she complains about: poor battery, delayed
    emails, fragile display (two broken displays), monthly data plan lasting hardly two weeks, one iphone dead
    because sweating get into the phone. Are you sure that what they do, they do well? don't think so.
    DocDRM and nick13b like this.
    08-19-14 10:00 PM
    "what they do, they do well", really? My sister (ex BB user) is on her fifth iphone in less than 2 years!
    Even though she mocks me about using BB (I have a Z30), she complains about: poor battery, delayed
    emails, fragile display (two broken displays), monthly data plan lasting hardly two weeks, one iphone dead
    because sweating get into the phone. Are you sure that what they do, they do well? don't think so.
    what they do is marketing. and they do that well. other than that its all stolen tech ^^
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-19-14 10:09 PM
    I am a life time iPhone user who has moved to the z30. What the author of this post is saying is dead on. Anyone denying the relative maturity of iOS and the benefits of this are foolish. Apple has has an army of people working on it and the money for max resources - not to mention the head start. It only makes sense that it'd be smoother and more refined.

We can only hope that over time BBRY will be able to catch up and the disparity will lessen.

I personally feel that the refocusing on software that CHEN has engineered will pay dividends in the next 12 -24 months.

Posted via CB10
    early2bed, jpvj, pttptppt and 4 others like this.
    08-19-14 10:15 PM
    Definitely lots of issues with iOS too. Especially since ios7. Not as many as BB10 mind you, but that's to be expected.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:17 PM
    I think it's a matter of personal taste. I have an iPhone 5 with the latest software and it doesn't feel smooth at all to me.

Posted Via CB10 using my new Z30
    08-19-14 10:27 PM
    My iphone friend got the 5s to replace her 4s and its literally the exact same in everything. Not a single frame faster or a single bit optimized. She says my phone(Z30) looks cooler and slicker when surfin around the o.s

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-19-14 11:22 PM
    I think I found the thread where all the iphone fans hang out, wasted 10 minutes of my time.
    srfinva and Rowan M like this.
    08-19-14 11:33 PM
    Are there anymore examples of IOS being "smooth"? Cause the swipe left to go back you pointed out earlier is butter smooth on my Z30. And I tired my bro's IPhones 5C, it doesn't even compare to mine. Also, his phone lags here and there.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 11:36 PM
    My answer is probably obvious, but the following criteria make the phones smooth and easy-to-use:
    1. A well-designed interface
    2. A properly coded interface
    3. Reasonable (by no means excessive) power
    4. Good match between hardware and software

Iphones and iPads accomplish these very well. Android devices are inconsistent at achieving them, partly owing to challenges posed by the diversity of hardware.

To be honest, my Q10 is pretty darn smooth too!
    cman5 likes this.
    08-19-14 11:43 PM
    I think what the OP mean is the animation of the OS. Each OS has its own way of animation. I don't think iOS itself is any smoother than BB10 but I agree that the way iOS animates makes user feel it is "smooth".

One obvious example is at app drawer screen. When you swipe left or right, you only move your finger a few mm and next page shows up on iOS whereas on BB10 you need a few more mm or else you get back to current page. That's just BlackBerry way.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    08-19-14 11:48 PM
147 1234 ...