I believe 10.2 brings the only "in any app" reply functionality without leaving the app you are in correct? You can also customize this for particular contacts, so those of us not too fond of toast can only be bothered by them for those contacts we consider important. I don't think any other OS has that customizable functionality yet. This all in addition to the hub.
    09-25-13 09:34 AM
    I haven't used the Android shade but I really like that I can access all of my messages for everything with one swipe from anywhere. I can even be typing a message and if I need to look something up then I swipe out,look it up, swipe back and keep writing. It's really useful. Again, I haven't used the shade but I'm just putting the usefulness out there. I honestly feel like an angled swipe is easier then stretching up and pulling down. That's more like 2 swipes then an angles swipe is. My thumb is already at the bottom usually so it's natural, going to the top and then pulling down is more of a hassle, especially with the bigger screens these days.

My. 02

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 02:06 PM
    I haven't used the Android shade but I really like that I can access all of my messages for everything with one swipe from anywhere. I can even be typing a message and if I need to look something up then I swipe out,look it up, swipe back and keep writing. It's really useful. Again, I haven't used the shade but I'm just putting the usefulness out there. I honestly feel like an angled swipe is easier then stretching up and pulling down. That's more like 2 swipes then an angles swipe is. My thumb is already at the bottom usually so it's natural, going to the top and then pulling down is more of a hassle, especially with the bigger screens these days.

My. 02

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, the top down swipe is more of a two step gesture than the hub swipe.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:33 AM
    Just one difference we may be missing. The Hub is both a notification center and an archive. The Android Notification center is designed for notifications. It is not feasible to leave several days of messages and information there. You can not filter what the notification center displays. Same with iOS.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-26-13 10:39 AM
    I agree with what everyone has said about HUB so far. All in one with the ability to act upon them.
    This is THE feature that made me interested in BB10, thus my purchase of Z10. Multitasking was another big feature that attracted to me, but I was hoping it was more like the PlayBook; swipe left and right to switch between apps without minimizing and clicking.
    09-26-13 10:47 AM
    The notifications on Android can be saved and managed, all You need is an app for that, like this one (in beta): h t t p ://goo.gl/tUYwvG
    09-24-14 05:39 AM
    I love that you can reply from an app (BBM or whatsapp for example) without actually opening the app... everything happens in the hub but with the UI of the app you got your message in.

Love it

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:57 AM
    The notifications on Android can be saved and managed, all You need is an app for that, like this one (in beta): h t t p ://goo.gl/tUYwvG
    I would rather have it baked into the OS then use some third party app.

We all know Droids issue with app malware etc..

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-24-14 06:02 AM
    My two cents, we don't really have true notifications on BB10 and android doesn't have the HUB.

Each has ways of filling the gap so it comes down to preference.

On my android tablet when I dismiss notifications they are gone. I can't seem to dismiss just one so it's all or nothing. If I take em all out then I have to hunt and peck through apps and menus. But hey, that's fun!!

What I like about the hub is I can pick what shows up in it. And it doesn't go away unless I delete it for good, from all devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:40 AM
    Actually, the Hub also incorporates the Calendar, and by extension using a third party app, your To-Do list. It is just too bad it does not have a longer read ahead.

So basically, one interface has your appointments, reminders and all your electronic inboxes.

Posted from my Zed 10
    >>> Which app makes todo lists available in the hub?

Z30)++
    09-24-14 09:37 AM
35 12