I need to get a new mount for my phone, do you guys have any suggestion? Something sturdy that won't fall down or lose suction easily? Or maybe something I can plug into my cupholder, etc?
    I tried a few ones from ebay "made in Germany" that kept falling, in fact one caused a screen to broke once, or one that asked me to GLUE a plate to my dashboard!
    05-03-15 10:42 PM
    I bought this when I had my Z10:
    iBOLT xProDock for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Car Kits & Mounts

The thing I really like about it is it doenst vibrate and it holds the phone very nice and tightly.

works like a charm with My Z30 now (switched recently).

Good luck.
    05-03-15 10:49 PM
    I bought this when I had my Z10:
    iBOLT xProDock for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Car Kits & Mounts

The thing I really like about it is it doenst vibrate and it holds the phone very nice and tightly.

works like a charm with My Z30 now (switched recently).

Good luck.

That looks great, I am also looking for something with easy release, that would be really cool, the problem is my car has the GPS right in the center sticking out (bmw) so I would probably have to set this on the left side.
    05-03-15 10:56 PM
    That looks great, I am also looking for something with easy release, that would be really cool, the problem is my car has the GPS right in the center sticking out (bmw) so I would probably have to set this on the left side.
    Keep in mind the single hook on the top side in this picture is spring loaded
    http://ca.crackberry.com/images/prod...06/large/1.jpg

I'd be careful how hard you tug on the phone to release it. Although releasing it one handed is pretty easy too.

Cheers
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-03-15 11:08 PM
    I got magnetic stand from a local Walmart. Don't remember the name but you could check yourself in the auto section next time you visit there. It had yellow packaging.
    The magnetic plate goes under Z10 cover and doesn�t interfere with NFC. I can see a letter S on the plate but no brand reference.

It is easy to attach to the stand and take off.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:09 PM
    What phone is it for?
    By far for z10 or z30, "Kensington quick release" works the best! Minimal obstruction view, super easy to release. I use the vent clip it comes with but only fit horizontal vents.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:25 PM
    I got magnetic stand from a local Walmart. Don't remember the name but you could check yourself in the auto section next time you visit there. It had yellow packaging.
    The magnetic plate goes under Z10 cover and doesn�t interfere with NFC. I can see a letter S on the plate but no brand reference.

It is easy to attach to the stand and take off.

Posted via CB10
    I think you may be talking about SCOSCHE MagicMount,if so it works really well with my Z30.

I also attached to a ProClip designed for my car. Mind you can use it on it's own.

MagicMount
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tC6z7qFc

ProClip
    http://www.proclipusa.com

GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
    05-04-15 12:34 AM
    Brodit is by far the best car mount system for any phone I have ever used. Not cheap but very good quality. http:// www.brodit.com

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:53 AM
    http://www.macally.com/EN/?page_id=22202

I'd like something like this but with a longer neck.

I don't like attaching stuff to the windshield. I do have a Dashcam, but it is very light and if it falls it is not likely to break.

I don't like to attract undo attention from law enforcement. I rarely touch the phone while driving, but cops see what they want to see. Actually all I'm trying to achieve is get the phone up in the air a bit for better reception.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:37 AM
    I think you may be talking about SCOSCHE MagicMount,if so it works really well with my Z30.

I also attached to a ProClip designed for my car. Mind you can use it on it's own.

MagicMount
    :: MagicMount ::

ProClip
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

does the MagicMount interfere with your standby feature on BB device?
    05-04-15 08:34 PM
    does the MagicMount interfere with your standby feature on BB device?
    First, yes, it's a SCOSCHE stand.

Second, yes, it does interfere and my apologies that I forgot to mention it.
    That having said, it turns the screen off only in specific location and for me it rarely happens.
    If I see that the screen went off after I threw my Z10 on the stand, then I manually shift it a little bit up/down and it fixes the problem.
    Also, I didn't mention but the metal plate that goes under the cover has a 3M glue on it.
    It can be permanently attached to device door or case or anything.
    I, however, didn't use the glue and I wanted to adjust the position of the plate if I had NFC or other problems.
    So, the bottom line is that the standby mode problems can be fixed by moving the metal plate around.
    05-04-15 09:04 PM
    OP - I use car mounts from a company called Arkon in my vehicles - very good quality, excellent customer service, and a huge variety of mounting brackets and adaptors.

Hit their website and download the 2015 catalog.

Www.arkon.com

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.500 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    05-05-15 09:04 AM

MagicMount
    :: MagicMount ::

ProClip
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

Pro clip seems nice and sturdy but I didn't like the way it mounts on the dash, it looks so out of place, I just need something with a quick release and if needed I can go remove it and also blocking vents in scorching summer is not what I want to do.
    BMW X5-series 2014-2016 ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

As for Magic Mount, it looks very nice, clean and effective, but I don't use any kind of case on my Z30 and I don't feel like sticking magnets on back of my beautiful phone. Maybe if we could get a larger/thin magnet that we could stick on the inside of the battery cover, then I would go for that, or maybe a BB style battery cover that's made from the material of the magnet, then I can consider it.
    What phone is it for?
    By far for z10 or z30, "Kensington quick release" works the best! Minimal obstruction view, super easy to release. I use the vent clip it comes with but only fit horizontal vents.

Posted via CB10
    I like this, thanks for the info.
    It's for Z30 and possibly for Passport, so I want something that can definitely hold Passport if needed..
    05-05-15 04:53 PM
    Btw, I put the magnet plate under the door. So, it's invisible. I don't have a case on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 06:34 PM
    Right now I'm trying a cigarette lighter gooseneck but the whole vibrates. I have a Mazda 6 and I can't use a vent mount and suction windshield mounts really don't work in this car.

I'm thinking of a CD slot mount.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:54 PM
    Btw, I put the magnet plate under the door. So, it's invisible. I don't have a case on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I am not sure if this would work with Z30. I don't think there is as much room, but if there is then I will be magneting up all around my house, office, car, everywhere. Can someone confirm if they used this with Z30?

Vrud, can you post some pictures for us please? PS: I wish we could use them without putting magnet plates.
    05-06-15 12:35 AM
    I've got the Brodit car mount and it's the best one I've ever used.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    05-06-15 11:12 AM
    Does the cup holder between the seats count...?

Sorry, couldn't help myself... I'm going to have to look into some of these suggestions myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:04 PM
    Vrud, can you post some pictures for us please? PS: I wish we could use them without putting magnet plates.
    I'm not a good photographer apparently.

Below are pictures of:
    * Magnetic plate on 1 Canadian dollar coin
    * Magnetic plate in hand
    * Plate on Z10
    * Two photos with plate concealed under the back cover
    * Two photos of the stand
    * Two photos with Z10 on the stand
    Attached Thumbnails What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221001.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221327.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221048.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221446.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221530.jpg  

What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221643.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221657.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221721.jpg   What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_221752.jpg  
    05-06-15 09:44 PM
    Z10 with plate:
    Attached Thumbnails What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_222006.jpg  
    05-06-15 09:46 PM
    Z10 without plate:
    Attached Thumbnails What kind of mount do you use in your car?-img_20150506_222053.jpg  
    05-06-15 09:47 PM
    I'm not a good photographer apparently.

Below are pictures of:
    * Magnetic plate on 1 Canadian dollar coin
    * Magnetic plate in hand
    * Plate on Z10
    * Two photos with plate concealed under the back cover
    * Two photos of the stand
    * Two photos with Z10 on the stand

That looks great, it is much thinner than I expected but I think Z10 has more space behind the cover compared to Z30.
    Does the car mount stick with glue or something onto the dashboard?
    05-07-15 01:01 AM
    That looks great, it is much thinner than I expected but I think Z10 has more space behind the cover compared to Z30.
    Does the car mount stick with glue or something onto the dashboard?
    Yes, it sticks with glue in the car.
    I actually like it compared to suction cup as that one was occasionally dropping due to high temperatures changes. The problem is that I can't adjust the position now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:09 AM
    I have this Mountek mount and I can't say enough good things about it. The best part is that if your CD slot is in the middle of everything, it means your phone is going to be in the perfect spot on your dash. I haven't used a CD in 5+ years, so this was absolutely perfect for me. They also make a magnetic version, but I hate sticking stuff to the back of my device (and I also don't use cases).

Mountek nGroove GRIP CD Slot Mount Car Holder
    05-07-15 07:18 AM
    I bought a generic resizeable mount, and built an expoxy putty base for it, with coathanger wire running through it and into the two holes in my car radio which are used for the radio removal tool. Works like a charm; it's in a good location, solidly mounted, and removable.
    05-07-15 09:05 AM
31 12