Things that I would really to see in 10.3:
    Led color customization for emails, bbm, whatapp, text messages etc. it was there in BBOS (later updates)
    Profile customization
    no more basic bugs and a very stable os at the core
    camera feature enhancements like panorama, low speed photgraphy etc.
    Apps opening up at the click of a button just like they did on BBOS
    Option to set the A key as lock phone and the Q key for vibrate. It was really handy
    Option to back up data on the media card and blackberry protect
    Icons for email in the home screens. just like BBOS. Helps save time a lot of times
    Change the BBM smileys where the older ones were better (the new BBM update did add some awesome smileys)
    The old call screen button with a answer and reject button on screen for whom it created a think point.
    A very good battery enhancement.
    Thankyou Blackberry .
    02-16-14 08:18 AM
    I know what you need... A BB 7 device. smh
    02-16-14 08:34 AM
    For me, I like to see...

Camera app:
    - Manual camera mode, where everything is manually adjusted. Like ISO, exposure, etc.)
    - Panorama mode
    - Audio noise cancellation on video recording needs to be removed (on Z10): It's a video, of course the audio doesn't need to be noise-suppressed, everything sounds so muffled, like what the heck, I'm not even covering the mic holes.
    - Fix for the video recording autofocus bug on 10.2.1: When I record videos, it does not do autofocus, it's like it's locked, but literally it isn't.

Contacts/Phone app:
    - Probably these two apps should be integrated into one
    - Option to import contacts from VCF files. Ehem BlackBerry, you know many of your users switched from Android phones...

Music Player:
    - EQUALIZER: I have the Neutron player but I really like the stock player.
    - Visualization effects: I don't why it should have this, but hey, it's nice to listen to music while viewing glowing/moving shiznit on your phone's beautiful screen.

Photo app:
    - More filters: Probably more of these, it's fun to add filters to photos.

Core System:
    - Ability to access the Notifications/Quick controls center everywhere: Just like iOS or some Android UI's like Samsung's Touchwiz, pulling down from the top of the screen gives you access to the notification/quick controls center.
    - Updated Android emulator/runtime: Probably 4.4 KitKat, with more functions and access to phone's hardware/features thus supporting more apps.
    - Dark theme for the BlackBerry Hub: This should be pleasant for the eye.
    - New accessibility feature: Mono audio hearing - Just like on iOS, it's for listening on earphones on one side only. I do this a lot.
    - Instant unlock: When I type my password upon unlocking the device, I want my phone to unlock instantly when I hit the LAST DIGIT of my password, no need to press the "OK" button.
    - Lockscreen widgets: like weather, lol.
    - Instant Mass storage mode: Whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB, I'd like an option to turn on Mass storage mode instantly, or at least a pop-up to appear whether to switch it on or not.
    arvind1983 likes this.
    02-16-14 09:52 AM
    An RSS reader, just like on the legacy.
    Damn, I so need it badly

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:57 AM
    Landscape mode support universally...

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 TMO US
    02-16-14 01:17 PM
    An optional OS7 runtime emulator. Some apps like Poynt look like crap on the 10 and android.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:20 PM
    Improved Android Runtime is a must, if the feature is to work it needs to work well.

I'm happy with the progress of it so far and hope to see it get better and better.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:48 PM
    Landscape mode support universally...

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 TMO US
    Full landscape like on say the Storm and Storm 2.

And yes I miss the equalizer on the native music player!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by J09GTSGraphite; 02-16-14 at 09:24 PM.
    02-16-14 07:49 PM
    I agree with the above posters, that we absolutely need: panorama, flexible USB mass storage management, manual camera, more comprehensive photo editing functions, equalizer, visualizations (but advanced ones, like a fine Deprez-instrument for example), vcf, consistent, universal landscape modes AND configurable call screen options.

My suggestions:

- A file manager which is able to see the whole content of the phone without having to switch between device & card. The constant switching is maddening!!!

- A dedicated instant Close button for the foreground app. I love in my bada phone the physical buttons (accept call/open - reject call/close), and I hate iOS, Android and BB10 for the unnecessary movements I have to make. If I want to put the apps to the background, OK, I swipe upwards; no prob. But if I want to close it, I don't want to swipe THEN click the . This way the system stays organized and I don't have to close countless opened/idling/background processes.

- Light/dark theme for the entire phone, consistently.

- One touch Home

- SIGNIFICANTLY MORE video codecs!

- Better sync with Outlook (I have to insert a "+" in front of my ALL contacts, because the country code interpretation somehow misses them

- 5.1 sound with DSP effects

- To be in line with the BB gesture approach, it would be beneficial to implement the VERY clever and ergonomic Samsung TouchWiz feature, the swipe to call & swipe to text. Simply swipe right over a contact to call, and swipe left to compose a text message. Nothing is easier and more intuitive. You dont have to click on the contact just to click again for the desired action.

- More and sophisticated factory ringtones WITH increasing ring volume

- On the pull-down menu's Notification button, there should be a "Silent" option too, not just "Vibrate only"

- Factory "Briefing Mode" - the same as the Flip Sush app

- Automatic speakerphone function when putting down the phone to the table etc.

- Playing swf images (simple games etc.)

- Fill the space button with functions! Instead of closing the keyboard with a long push (which is basically the 3rd, unnecessary way) a long push should bring out frequently used characters like , @ - / ! ?

- Full accentuation of vowels, because for example in my mother tongue (Hungarian) "szr" and "szőr" is absolutely not interchangeable.

- Fully configurable fake call

- Separate volume control for the system itself (including shutter sounds), for the media files, call volume; according to the actual modes respectively.

Is it overblown? Nope, my 3 year old Wave has these functions (and more). Without apps, mind you, simply out of the box.

- Ohh almost forgot: it would be useful if we could merge contacts. I have a couple of contacts from earlier, forgotten notes, synced contacts under different names (nicks vs real names). So it would be really easy to merge them. The phone could combine the infos and ask at the end which name I 'd like to keep.

EDIT:
    - Slow motion recording (60 & 120 fps)

- FWD & REV buttons on the players
    Last edited by Bence Szilvasy; 02-16-14 at 08:38 PM. Reason: additional stuff
    02-16-14 08:24 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:58 PM
    I know what you need... A BB 7 device. smh
    Seriously lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:00 PM
    Manual lock - I don't want the device to auto-lock after xx minutes, only when I want it to.

I noticed in 10.2.1 the "Brightness" control on the quick settings pull-down menu is simply a shortcut to the feature in the control panel. How about make it an actual slider?

UI enhancements - White on black is looking a little MS Dos... I'm pretty sure they could find an un-paid intern co-op student to design something a little nicer.
    02-17-14 02:11 AM
    Manual lock - I don't want the device to auto-lock after xx minutes, only when I want it to.

I noticed in 10.2.1 the "Brightness" control on the quick settings pull-down menu is simply a shortcut to the feature in the control panel. How about make it an actual slider?

UI enhancements - White on black is looking a little MS Dos... I'm pretty sure they could find an un-paid intern co-op student to design something a little nicer.
    It is an actual slider, click the icon to get the slider and the text to go to the control panel.

This works similarly to the other buttons.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:26 AM
    It is an actual slider, click the icon to get the slider and the text to go to the control panel.

This works similarly to the other buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Lookie that! That's spiffy! Hidden Easter egg!
    I didn't know that

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:43 AM
    Lookie that! That's spiffy! Hidden Easter egg!
    I didn't know that

Posted via CB10
    It took me a while to find it, I knew it existed because my dad had it on his Z30. Users should know about these cool things .. cmon BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:55 PM
    I'd like the ability to add contacts to the home screen
    07-04-14 12:20 PM
    Not needing to reenter the password after a long phone call. Also instant previews for notifications eg calendar.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 02:38 PM
    A complete overhaul for push and app notifications.

Something with widgets and all that.

Differentiate or Die
    07-04-14 08:03 PM
    Scrolling. The issue is when the screen is scrolled while reading a document or a visiting website, the screen has the potential to veer off the intended direction of scrolling. This can be compared to using a scroll bar on the PC, while browsing a Web page, no matter as long as the button of the mouse is held down, we can just drag the scroll bar in either up or down direction and not worry about the screen going sideways. The same can be done with movement along the x axis.

For example, when typically moving through a document or a website or a pdf document, the screen has to be kept aligned going either in the x or y axes direction on the page by the user.

In iOS, depending on which initial direction the user scrolls/moves the screen, the axis perpendicular to the direction of movement is locked, to allow for a more straight, consistent direction of scroll and a cleaner user experience of browsing a website or a document.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 10:48 PM
    Automatic speakerphone function when putting down the phone to the table etc.
    ditto times a million
    donemt likes this.
    04-21-15 03:12 PM
    The biggest thing I am looking forward to seeing in 10.3.1 is it running on my Zed30. That would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:15 PM