I have been using a Classic as my daily driver and LOVED it! BB10 is fantastic to use after switching from my Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 7.

There are a few small things I think could be easily implemented I'd love, as well as a few huge changes I can really only dream of.

The Little Things:
    -Remember doesn't show tasks in the app switcher screen like Calendar does.
    -The radio tuner in the Music app won't tune to 87.7FM, which quite a few "Franken FM" stations broadcast on, including my favorite FM station MeTV FM.
    -RCS Support. RCS is a new messaging technology that quite a few Android phone manufacturers are adding support for. It's a response to iMessage by the non-Apple world.
    -More emojis?!?! Not necessary but I guess it'd be nice?

The Big Things:
    Updated Android runtime, it's possible because BlackBerry limited doesn't make android phones anymore and isn't locked into Google's smartphone alliance crap!

What would you want in 10.3.4? These are a few things I found to be annoying when using BB10. I'm just a high school student and not a suit wearing executive so I'm not exactly in the target demographic.

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    07-21-18 04:54 PM
    I have been using a Classic as my daily driver and LOVED it! BB10 is fantastic to use after switching from my Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 7.

There are a few small things I think could be easily implemented I'd love, as well as a few huge changes I can really only dream of.

The Little Things:
    -The radio tuner in the Music app won't tune to 87.7FM, which quite a few "Franken FM" stations broadcast on, including my favorite FM station MeTV FM.
    -RCS Support. RCS is a new messaging technology that quite a few Android phone manufacturers are adding support for. It's a response to iMessage by the non-Apple world.

The Big Things:
    Updated Android runtime, it's possible because BlackBerry limited doesn't make android phones anymore and isn't locked into Google's smartphone alliance crap!

What would you want in 10.3.4? These are a few things I found to be annoying when using BB10. I'm just a high school student and not a suit wearing executive so I'm not exactly in the target demographic.

There will be no further updates to BB10.

Its EOL date has already been announced - end of next year. BlackBerry World, and most (all?) remaining services will be shut down.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    07-21-18 05:07 PM
    There will be no further updates to BB10.

Its EOL date has already been announced - end of next year. BlackBerry World, and most (all?) remaining services will be shut down.
    It ain't EOL yet! I would think someone from the QNX team or BB10 team if it still exists could add a few small tweaks and release 10.3.4. I think Chen said it'd be coming? Not holding my breath but not giving up.

DonHB likes this.
    07-21-18 05:14 PM
    It ain't EOL yet! I would think someone from the QNX team or BB10 team if it still exists could add a few small tweaks and release 10.3.4. I think Chen said it'd be coming? Not holding my breath but not giving up.

In 2015 he said 10.3.3 by Mar 2016, and 10.3.4 by Dec 2016. 10.3.3 was delayed until Dec 2016 and incorporated everything they were ever intending to bring to the platform.
    07-21-18 05:22 PM
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for a 10.3.4 update. Regarding your list,

- Have you tried manually tuning to 87.7 FM?
    - BB10 already supports RCS but I think your carrier needs to support it as well

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...041632346.html
    07-21-18 05:52 PM
    But Neutrino!

And Hypervisor!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-21-18 06:14 PM
    But Neutrino!

And Hypervisor!
    And Unicorns... and Rainbows...
    07-21-18 07:10 PM

This it does do, you just set a due date (time not available for items saved on device).

What I want in BB10.3.4-img_20180721_190352.jpg
    07-21-18 07:13 PM
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for a 10.3.4 update. Regarding your list,

- Have you tried manually tuning to 87.7 FM?
    - BB10 already supports RCS but I think your carrier needs to support it as well

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...041632346.html
    Yes, manual tuning won't tune to 87.7. And it won't scan below 88.1.

Otherwise, it seems my other ideas were already there. Woop woop!

07-21-18 09:40 PM
    I'd like to have HUB as an option. As in be able to enable or disable it As in be able to turn it on or off. Personally, sometimes I want to leave open a channel of communication because I may tell someone if it is an emergency "text" me. i.e. if you cannot get anybody else to drive you home then text me. ****But**** I don't want notifications from everything else at that particular moment. In cases like that I'd love to be able to get notifications from the TXT but don't care about anything else.

BlackBerry needs to take away some of the power from the cell phone carriers. On Apple it is SUPER easy to get updates. My Q10 on T-Mobile won't get updated to 10.3 because T-Mobile blames BlackBerry. BlackBerry then just points fingers back to T-Mobile but this all started when T-Mobile and BlackBerry had their big fight and BlackBerry said they would no longer sell on T-Mobile. T-Mobile hasn't resumed working fully with BlackBerry eversince. If T-Mobile is unwilling BlackBerry should offer me an option to side-step T-Mobile and keep my Wifi calling still.

Offer new THEMES. I'm sick of only Blue-purple design.

Offer an option where you can mute all notifications between a certain time and a certain time automatically daily. For example I work in a phone center we cannot have devices going on. I'd LOVE it if my BB would automatically mute-itself EVERY weekday starting at 8:15AM and would AUTOMATICALLY unmute itself every weekday at 5:05PM when work is over.

SWITCH the browser to FireFox. IF Blackberry isn't going to support the browser going forward retire the internal for FireFox.
    07-21-18 10:45 PM
    I'd like to have HUB as an option. As in be able to enable or disable it As in be able to turn it on or off. Personally, sometimes I want to leave open a channel of communication because I may tell someone if it is an emergency "text" me. i.e. if you cannot get anybody else to drive you home then text me. ****But**** I don't want notifications from everything else at that particular moment. In cases like that I'd love to be able to get notifications from the TXT but don't care about anything else.
    Set that up in Sound Profiles, there's options for Bedside Mode.
    07-21-18 10:48 PM

BlackBerry needs to take away some of the power from the cell phone carriers.
    Lol.
    john_v, pdr733, ppeters914 and 2 others like this.
    07-22-18 12:00 AM
    BlackBerry needs to take away some of the power from the cell phone carriers.
    What leverage do you imagine BB has to dictate terms to the carriers?
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-22-18 12:37 AM

The Little Things:

The Big Things:

am i crazy or my phone just did tuned to 87.7!!!!
    What I want in BB10.3.4-img_20180722_150843.jpg

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    07-22-18 05:52 AM
    Updated ART if possible...
    07-22-18 05:58 AM
    Did Don make a new account or am I seeing double?
    ppeters914 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    07-22-18 06:41 AM

Why, the QNX team has projects with revenue attached. Plus I doubt anyone on QNX knows anything about BB10. That would be like expecting a guy who built your foundation to fix your electrical system. There is no BB10 team left, only a few people who maintain BB Android, and can make a few minor BB10 fixes like the KRACK fix.

Why would BlackBerry spend any money on BB10? Why spend money when the revenue potential is zero?
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-22-18 03:41 PM
    Why, the QNX team has projects with revenue attached. Plus I doubt anyone on QNX knows anything about BB10. That would be like expecting a guy who built your foundation to fix your electrical system. There is no BB10 team left, only a few people who maintain BB Android, and can make a few minor BB10 fixes like the KRACK fix.

Why would BlackBerry spend any money on BB10? Why spend money when the revenue potential is zero?
    Why release a Krack fix and update webkit?

07-22-18 03:44 PM
    am i crazy or my phone just did tuned to 87.7!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180722_150843.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	438268

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    What I want in BB10.3.4-img_20180722_154407.png
    07-22-18 03:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180722_154407.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	438295
    From digging around the .bar for the music app it's region-dependent.
    07-22-18 04:56 PM
    From digging around the .bar for the music app it's region-dependent.
    Aw shoot, thanks for digging.

10.3.4 Easy Update! Just make 87.7 not region dependent! 😂
    07-22-18 07:09 PM
    Why release a Krack fix and update webkit?

Good question why fix a critical security issue six months after every one else. And the fix was very simple. BlackBerry could have completed the fix in a week or two with just a couple of employees. Most of the work involving testing. Worse was their complete silence on the issue for over 9 months.
    07-22-18 08:49 PM
    This thread is a hot mess.
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-22-18 09:08 PM
    It’s like someone breaking up with you... but you’re still hanging out, keeping their stuff around.

Move on! BB10 is finish, done and not coming back.
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-22-18 09:15 PM
    This thread is a hot mess.
    It’s about 10.3.4 so what did you expect? LOL
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-22-18 09:17 PM
48 12