I was wondering if somebody with a Z10 can tell me how it responds when it has a low battery?

When the battery is low on my 9900, I get one beep and a blinking light, and then later another beep when the radio switches off - I like that.

But the PlayBook is literally the most infuriating thing and always wakes me up in the middle of the night with its persistent DONK-DONK, DONK-DONK low battery tone. That noise haunts my dreams.

So how does BB10 respond to a low battery in terms of sounds and alerts - and does the radio get switched off or does the device just die like the PlayBook?

I never understood why the PlayBook screams and wails and flashes lights when the battery is low - surely that's only gonna drain it quicker?!
    b320 likes this.
    02-12-13 04:25 AM
    But the PlayBook is literally the most infuriating thing and always wakes me up in the middle of the night with its persistent DONK-DONK, DONK-DONK low battery tone. That noise haunts my dreams. ... I never understood why the PlayBook screams and wails and flashes lights when the battery is low - surely that's only gonna drain it quicker?!
    Thanks for considering getting a BlackBerry 10 device.

I agree with you a 100% about the PlayBook and its low-battery fits. It's downright eerie. Perhaps, an unfortunate ex-TAT employee had some sort of a nightmare and decided to channel it into the low-battery notifications on the PlayBook OS.

Here's the behavior on BlackBerry 10: you will receive a middle-of-the-screen message with a single ding that you're at 20% battery level, then another message with a ding when you're lower (I think it might be 10%). When your device runs out of battery, it will fully shut off.

There is no more "reserve" power nor is there the "battery too low for radio use" state wherein you are allowed to get to the information on the device but not use radio services. HOWEVER, and this is a great thing, if your device runs out of power, you can now turn it on pretty much as soon as you plug it in. No multi-minute wait period like on legacy BlackBerry devices.
    cfoxx, Dugganm and twstd.reality like this.
    02-12-13 04:32 AM
    just to add, the led will also strobe a yellowish green.
    b320 likes this.
    02-12-13 06:37 AM