I am using BB10
    Version: 10.2.1.3062

Basically I have a folder on my computer that I pile music into, and periodically update my BB10. I have created playlists on my device.

Tonight I cleaned up the folder on my computer, deleted multiple entries, added new songs etc.

Instead of just adding the new files to the device and not changing the existing ones. What I want to do is delete ALL the music in the music folder, and re-add it all. Because i found a lot of multiple entries and things that needed to be cleaned up. 95% of the files will be the same that I re-add.

MY QUESTION IS - if i delete all the music files, and re-add them, from my freshly cleaned desktop folder. WHAT HAPPENS to the playlists I had created. Do they get deleted when I delete all the files?? Or will they automatically recognize the files when I re-add them?

HELP!! I want to know if I will loose my playlists if I delete all the files. I am just planning on re-adding them, but need to know the effect on the playlist files!
    12-28-14 02:33 AM
    Playlist is basically a list that the music player reads when you tell it to. What it says is "these files, at these locations, in this order". If you delete your files and re-add them with the exact same name at the exact same location, your Playlist will work just fine, otherwise during playback the media player will skip the missing songs, but won't delete them from the list

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-29-14 11:43 PM
    When I have deleted songs that were in playlists the song title will be displayed in the playlist, but below the song title it will show "local file missing". I then either edit the playlist to remove the song or reload the missing song file.

Proud BB10 user. The best kept secret in mobile ;-)
    01-09-15 05:14 PM