As the title indicates, what will happen if I change my BlackBerry ID user name, as in the BB ID settings. On my Z10. I am trying to troubleshoot why the BB Travel app on the phone does not import from my emails. The BB web portal has my travel info imported. The itinerary was sent using an newer email address that has an active working account on the phone but my BB ID user name is an older but still active email address (which is a common email provider that I wish to migrate away from totally). If I change the BB ID to my newer address, what will I lose?
    TIA.
    02-22-14 05:02 PM
    As long as the email address you are switching to is not associated to another bbid there will be no issues

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-22-14 05:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Can only use BBM on one device but remember if you set up another BlackBerry user name all paid for apps will not be available for both devices so I've decided to live with the one account

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 05:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Can only use BBM on one device but remember if you set up another BlackBerry user name all paid for apps will not be available for both devices so I've decided to live with the one account

Posted via CB10
    And thus any purchased music or video from the baked in music and video stores I assume?
    02-22-14 05:22 PM
    If you open bbid settings on phone (or log into BlackBerry.com/blackberryid) and change bbid username/email it will do just that. Change it. Bbid account stays intact. "Everything" purchased remains. At this point you are changing the email address associated to the same bbid account.

If you create another bbid with a 2nd email the only way to add that bbid to the device is to wipe the device. This will lose everything and start fresh. As at this point you are associating a different bbid account with a different email.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 06:32 AM
    Ok, I'll give this a whirl, besides all my music is backed up manually on pc. I don't think it will solve the BB Travel issue but it will get me one more step away from spycorp.com. They're just evil.
    Thank you and thanks to all the other above advice. Geronimooooo!
    02-23-14 11:19 AM