I was wondering what will happen to my data and my apps (from BB World & Snap) once the official update rolls out. Will I still have them or will they be erased including all app-data? Also, what will happen to data like music, files and contacts on my phone. I know one of the answers will be that it is always good to have a backup, so I will certainly do that. But apart from that will the update mess up my phone?
    02-10-15 05:00 AM
    Everything stays same don't worry

Posted via CB10
    Mark Roosemont likes this.
    02-10-15 05:24 AM
    everything does not stay the same - if you do an OTA everything stays the same only if the OTA completes properly. It could screw up and you could loose everything. You should have all your music, photos, etc on an sd card instead of the phone device. If there isn't much room left then the OTA won't even start because there isn't enough room for it.
    02-10-15 08:05 AM
    It's always the smart choice to do a full backup before any and every attempt at an update, it's just the sensible thing to do. Usually everything stays the same but there's always a small chance of something screwing up. If you do a backup you can always restore in case something goes wrong during update. Once new OS is loaded on you can always do a restore and all your apps, including android apps will be restored.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:09 AM