BBM10 has turn out to be nothing but a group chat box. Very disappointed I'm not able to share my social feeds like on OS7.

WTF

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:00 AM
    It's the wave of the future. Embrace it.
    01-07-15 09:40 AM
    you're disappointed with BB10 because you dont have social feeds?...dude...i'm worried about you
    miketko, hazary, Alvin Loh and 1 others like this.
    01-07-15 09:49 AM
    BBM10 has come so far, so fast.. It's looking and running great these days
    01-07-15 09:50 AM
    Well I can tell OP haven't used OS7 as a way to share social media and RSS feeds.

Ok, use BBM for you chat app. If that is where it is going I'm checking out. There's no way BB is going to get everybody on iPhones and Androids to switch to BBM for messaging. At least with OS7 you could share with BB Channels, Twitter, FaceBook, emails, BBM Contacts and Contact list all at the same time.

BBM is *******
    jope28 likes this.
    01-07-15 11:57 AM
    Well I can tell OP haven't used OS7 as a way to share social media and RSS feeds.

Ok, use BBM for you chat app. If that is where it is going I'm checking out. There's no way BB is going to get everybody on iPhones and Androids to switch to BBM for messaging. At least with OS7 you could share with BB Channels, Twitter, FaceBook, emails, BBM Contacts and Contact list all at the same time.

BBM is *******
    So basically BBM is no good because you can't spam your newsfeed? Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:02 PM
    So basically BBM is no good because you can't spam your newsfeed? Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    So you think OP are going to up BBM to message and chat? Don't you think BBM would have a better chance of gaining more users it it could do that and what BBMOS7 did?

There is all sorts of apps that message and chat in different platforms, but nobody has the sharing of OS7
    01-07-15 12:06 PM
    Yeah, BBM on BB10 it very different than the BBOS. Still trying to find a reason for me to use it and coming up short.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-07-15 12:38 PM
    Yeah, BBM on BB10 it very different than the BBOS. Still trying to find a reason for me to use it and coming up short.
    You win the most ridiculous comment award
    gvs1341, Spawn12 and thedose like this.
    01-07-15 02:41 PM

BBM is *******
    Hold it right there, Magic Johnson! Aren't you the OP?
    Social feeds aren't missed by me, but to each his own. The fact that after the default smiley setting going to stickers was changed, that tells me that BlackBerry listens to its users. So maybe hitting them up might work out for you.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.1949
    01-07-15 05:04 PM
    Hold it right there, Magic Johnson! Aren't you the OP?
    Social feeds aren't missed by me, but to each his own. The fact that after the default smiley setting going to stickers was changed, that tells me that BlackBerry listens to its users. So maybe hitting them up might work out for you.

People like me feed the social feeds with shared information. Not one person or a group of people can begin to provide the all that information and in almost an immediate time frame. People don't sit down and read news papers any more and pull out the sports, business or family section. They use social media for that specialized topic and they share personal information to their family members without picking up the phone and call everybody. Gone are the days of home phones being used most of the day by bored house wives. Now they join groups to share coupons and recipes.

So before you make your sarcastic remarks you should know the man you are slamming. Here is a link of "some" of my work history. It would take more than a page to list my hobbies and my non related work skills. Sorry if my grammar or writing skills are not at a graduate level.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/after-being-forum-since-april-amazes-me-how-much-money-rim-wasted-955505/ Go to page 10 post #185

Most likely won't answer you back till next week. Championship Monday, NFL playoffs and NASCAR is gearing up.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-09-15 at 12:57 PM.
    01-09-15 09:03 AM
    Dude maybe you should jus chill and check out Quick Post in BlackBerry World
    Also - I didn't know any other OS that did the social feeds thing? To me it's a case of "to get a good thing you have to lose something "
    BB10 itself is waaaaaaaay better than BBOS7.

Posted via CB10  Z10 on 10.3.1.1154
    01-09-15 03:23 PM
    Dude maybe you should jus chill and check out Quick Post in BlackBerry World
    Also - I didn't know any other OS that did the social feeds thing? To me it's a case of "to get a good thing you have to lose something "
    BB10 itself is waaaaaaaay better than BBOS7.

Have you owned a Bold 9900?
    Have you own multiple FB, TW, BBM Channels?
    Have you ever participated in more than 2 forums in one day?
    Have you used RSS feeds?
    Have you ever maintained multiple websites?

Prior to BB10.2 the OS was ****! BB10.3 gets it close. Good but not quite there.
    Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 04:03 PM
    People like me feed the social feeds with shared information. Not one person or a group of people can begin to provide the all that information and in almost an immediate time frame. People don't sit down and read news papers any more and pull out the sports, business or family section. They use social media for that specialized topic and they share personal information to their family members without picking up the phone and call everybody. Gone are the days of home phones being used most of the day by bored house wives. Now they join groups to share coupons and recipes.

So before you make your sarcastic remarks you should know the man you are slamming. Here is a link of "some" of my work history. It would take more than a page to list my hobbies and my non related work skills. Sorry if my grammar or writing skills are not at a graduate level.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/after-being-forum-since-april-amazes-me-how-much-money-rim-wasted-955505/ Go to page 10 post #185

Most likely won't answer you back till next week. Championship Monday, NFL playoffs and NASCAR is gearing up.
    You're hilarious with that whole "So before you make your sarcastic remarks you should know the man you are slamming" lol.
    A bit childish, defensive and over sensitive there, buddy.
    Just consider that maybe your use case and priorities might not be what the target audience desires. That's a possibility, specially since we have seen the BBM team make changes based on listening to us users. Or maybe they're planning on adding that to a future update. Just make your voice heard with the feedback emails and app reviews. Maybe take http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/49019888 out for a spin.

And you talk about "... my work history" on this forum - what kind of pompous over compensating insecure forum poster are you? Lighten up! Not everything in life is supposed to be something to be anal about. R�sum� not required.

And the NFL playoffs don't matter with the Giants being out. Am just constantly rooting for both teams on the field to somehow lose lol. And NASCAR... well, oh NASCAR.

Relax, I'm sure the social feeds paradigm is awesome and that RSS feeds rock ( I only use them for Podcasts and Google seems to have put them on the backburner).

Take your heart medication and smile :-D

Last edited by jope28; 01-09-15 at 05:38 PM.
    thedose and Mr4aces like this.
    01-09-15 05:07 PM
    Lol. Funny stuff here.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    01-09-15 05:22 PM
    Have you owned a Bold 9900?
    Have you own multiple FB, TW, BBM Channels?
    Have you ever participated in more than 2 forums in one day?
    Have you used RSS feeds?
    Have you ever maintained multiple websites?

Prior to BB10.2 the OS was ****! BB10.3 gets it close. Good but not quite there.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes to all that apart from FB and TW. I currently maintain around 5 different websites, 2 bbm channels, actively participate on many Stackexchange forums, and around 5 other forums, and am subscribed to countless rss feeds. I still have my bold 9900. I happily migrated to BB10 in its infancy and have never looked back.

Last edited by Calv T; 01-09-15 at 10:51 PM.
    01-09-15 06:39 PM

.....................................Take your heart medication and smile :-D

Sorry that was a little deep.

Little depressed from my treatments.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-09-15 08:48 PM
    BBM on OS7 is rock solid when it comes to pure messaging. I like BBM on my Q10, but it still can't compared to OS 7. Social feeds is something you just have to experience to know. One of the many features I loved on my 9900

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-09-15 10:51 PM
    BBM on OS7 is rock solid when it comes to pure messaging. I like BBM on my Q10, but it still can't compared to OS 7. Social feeds is something you just have to experience to know. One of the many features I loved on my 9900

Posted via CB10
    Thank you,
    No many people understand what I've been saying. You have been the only one that has used BBM7 to utilize it full potential. That is one of the reasons it's hard for me to quit using the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:49 PM