I don't remember when this happened but from first time I have seen BlackBerry phone I always wanted one. But they been "business phones", for me it means like military equipment, robust, reliable, work horse, straight to target. Out of reach for me, and not so popular around me.
    And when finally I decided to buy one I choosed BlackBerry 9900. I think it was not so long after it comes to the market.
    What a huge mistake it was, tiny battery, slow internet, no satnav, it did not last 8 hours of my shift! Sold it as fast as I could. For me BlackBerry bullet proofing just pop out like soap bubble.
    Then it comes Q10, very nice phone, manage to install Sygic satnav, battery last, overall happy with that phone.
    Now I using Passport all this same as Q10 but bigger.

And all same problems with OS which is always little behind, always lack of applications (android is not supported in way you can expect from advertising) and missing that final touch on every update.
    Any problem I or any other user have with BB10 OS, all advices starts from: did you reset or hard reset your phone, reinstall OS.

That's biggest disappointment from BB10 OS it won't last a day without hard reset!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:17 AM
    I never have to do a hard reset on my Z30. Maybe BlackBerry isn't for you? I'm not saying it to be mean or anything but if you've had 3 phones in a row you're not happy with I'm not sure what else to say?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:35 AM
    If I think that I would not buy Passport after Q10.
    Thing is that the improvement in OS is slow. Cannot say there is not improvement at all, but is slow and it's almost 3 years of hard reset advice!
    Can't say how anyone else use his phone but I'm heavy user and those restarts are very annoying, browser crashed countless times on me.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:54 AM
    Interesting, I know people do have to do hard resets (not me) occasionally but not as much as you have. Maybe there's something wrong you could fix with a little help from the kind people in these forums?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:22 AM
    I am a business professional and I use my passport for my daily driver and I send and read countless messages every day, use the browser allot and I haven't had to do a hard reset once since I have owned the device which was purchased on the official launch day.

I also run some Android apps and only had a couple of ones that I have had issues with, but overall I am more than pleased with the way the passport has performed as my daily driver.

I came back to BlackBerry from the iPhone 6 and I am not looking back, couldn't imagine using a device without the Hub, Peek and the gesturing concept. I'm here to stay and looking forward to the future.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-03-14 05:26 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset?u

The hard reset is a remedy if you have a memory problem or the phone is acting weird. But if the reset did not fix it, then an autoload (limited or no restore) is advised. If it's still the same problem then don't use that app as its not good for the phone. Buy the android or the iphone. A daily hard reset is a solution you're applying for a problem that obviously doesn't fix it.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:41 AM
    Good, but app I use a most is a BlackBerry browser, and it crashes frequently.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:00 AM
    Good, but app I use a most is a BlackBerry browser, and it crashes frequently.

Posted via CB10
    How does it "crash", when the browser crashes it gives you the "pages crashed" and the tabs selectable for recovery.. I haven't had a browser crash that needed a restart let alone a hard reset

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    12-03-14 06:12 AM
    Granted I don't use the browser very often but I don't recall it crashing on me? Is there a site you go to a lot that always crashes? If so could you post a link to it? Maybe we can replicate the issue and try to figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-14 06:24 AM
    No grease, grind my gears...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    12-04-14 03:47 AM
    Basically, it can happened with any site, today I been online with bank and browser did not want to load page, no reload page, stuck on 10% loaded page and freezed, on 4G connection. Reopening browser did not helped.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:14 PM

That's biggest disappointment from BB10 OS it won't last a day without hard reset!

Posted via CB10
    Sadly I have to agree with this. I'm running the latest (afaik) 10.3.1.1151 and my passport will crash and reboot itself once a week or so. It did this on the preloaded 10.3.0 as well. BlackBerry needs to correct this memory leak/management issue.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-04-14 12:45 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a hard reset and shutting down the phone completely ( 3,2,1) using the top button?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:12 PM
    All I know is I have to restart my Q10 fewer times than my Galaxy S5.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 02:36 PM
    My browser stops and brings up crashed message daily even when no other programmes running. I have to do the hold down till red light comes on reset. Usually lasts me a day until it happens again
    It's the thing that puts me off BlackBerry never have this with my work windows phone or old android! My wife hates me getting so annoyed she has threatened to buy me a Samsung!
    I did find not having twitter open can help but not completely. Will try deleting twitter, but really is this what it comes down too!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    12-04-14 02:47 PM
    Sadly I have to agree with this. I'm running the latest (afaik) 10.3.1.1151 and my passport will crash and reboot itself once a week or so. It did this on the preloaded 10.3.0 as well. BlackBerry needs to correct this memory leak/management issue.

Posted via CB10
    Flawed already. Week =!= day

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    12-04-14 08:52 PM
    Some people always have issues and some never do. That's why some people hate BB10 and some love it. I make apps for BB10, have two devices and don't even know how to hard reset.. never needed it

You never said, which OS version are you using?
    12-05-14 06:03 AM
    I'm on 10.3.0.908 I think it's latest in UK, right?
    Do not advice me to use a leak, tried them on Q10 - reinstalled all my apps, configuration of my mail accounts, sounds, wallpapers... it takes too long, after wait for OS to settle down and wait for surprise through regular use, thanks but it's not for me. Tool not a toy, remember?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:27 AM
    OP sounds like you have bad luck with blackberry. You should try other phones and then report back and let us know how you made out.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-06-14 02:44 AM
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a hard reset and shutting down the phone completely ( 3,2,1) using the top button?

Posted via CB10
    Shutting the phone down by holding the power button (where it counts 3,2,1) is the equivalent to using the shut down option on a computer. It allows the phone's OS to send term/kill signals to all running apps/processes so that they can save/close any files they may have open and then terminate safely.

A hard reset (holding down both volume buttons or battery pull) is the equivalent to unplugging a computer from the wall (or holding it's power button down for 5+ seconds). This is generally considered unsafe, and can lead to system or file corruption as a process could be in the middle of writing something.

Using the restart button after holding the power button down for a second, and a hard reset achieve the exact same end result. However, the restart/shutdown using the power button is preferred as it allows the operating system to shut down gracefully.

Source: Senior Systems Engineer / Developer with 10 years IT experience.

Posted via CB10
    howards and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    12-06-14 02:58 AM
    Owning Z10 (two, black and white, LTE and 3G), a Q10 and Z30, plus Playbook and Bold9900 - I never, never had to do hard reset on any of those. Few, but only few, battery pulls on the Bold, yes. And I did use Satnav with the Bold and my battery on it always lasted entire day. I did have to apply few tricks, especially when using the satnav (mobile radio, wifi off) but at those times, I only cared about getting somewhere and not talking/texting/browsing in the process.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:39 AM
    Shutting the phone down by holding the power button (where it counts 3,2,1) is the equivalent to using the shut down option on a computer. It allows the phone's OS to send term/kill signals to all running apps/processes so that they can save/close any files they may have open and then terminate safely.

A hard reset (holding down both volume buttons or battery pull) is the equivalent to unplugging a computer from the wall (or holding it's power button down for 5+ seconds). This is generally considered unsafe, and can lead to system or file corruption as a process could be in the middle of writing something.

Using the restart button after holding the power button down for a second, and a hard reset achieve the exact same end result. However, the restart/shutdown using the power button is preferred as it allows the operating system to shut down gracefully.

Source: Senior Systems Engineer / Developer with 10 years IT experience.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:10 AM