Everyone knows the HUB is one of BB10's top selling points. But say if you were to improve it in anyway what would you change or add into it?

App developers for other platforms will start to take the effectiveness of the HUB and innovate the crap out of it so BlackBerry needs to be on their toes with constant updates to stay a head of the curve.

Accompli is an example of a company who saw how amazing the HUB was and copied it. They also started innovating on a few features. But it remains only for email, at least for now.
    Acompli is the powerhouse email app for iPhone that Outlook users have been waiting for | The Verge

I am compiling a list of changes and feature requests into this OP. So list your wanted features!!!!

I will start it off:

1. Headless app notifications in the HUB (not HUB integrated apps) (http://i.imgur.com/ht5dQHC.png)
    This is how they look now (http://i.imgur.com/zGU27XR.png) how ugly does that look?

Wouldn't it be nicer to see fully interactive and visual notifications without having HUB integration?
    Kind of like this:
    a) http://i.imgur.com/iU7SeOR.jpg Look how much nicer a picture looks. It's very visual and appealing. Now look at the picture above. (yes I i just quickly made it in MS Paint)
    b) http://i.imgur.com/d9sBEjf.jpg Note: I can reply to my headless instgram photo just from the regular notification tab without going into the app
    c) http://i.imgur.com/kB4QbUI.jpg note: I can watch or read an rss feed then choose to go to the app of id like. In this example I'm watching a youtube video in the hub

Overall: interaction and visual appeal is needed in the notification screen.
    That middle screen (first picture) shouldn't just be an app launch. That is what makes it pointless.

2. Quickly Launch of HUB integrated apps from HUB.
    Example: sometimes I'm replying to a BBM group chat and I want to go see some pictures within the group. I need to get out of the HUB --> find BBM --> go to the group --> then go to pictures. When this can be done in half of the steps just with a simple quick launch button on the top right corner just have a clickable BBM logo button or in a facebook message have a little clickable Facebook logo.

3. Dark themed HUB

4. Better HUB APIs so devs can easily put their app in the HUB if desired

5. more account colours and LED (Profile customization)

6. a better "Select More" button. I have a Z30 but I remember in BBOS where you can hold shift or long press the email and you can scroll down the list and select an email near the bottom and it would select all emails between the 2 emails selected. Just like you would on a PC for you can either hold shift to select all items between the 2 presses or hold ctrl to select individuals.

7. a better way to handle/sync POP3 email

Feature Requests/changes 8-12 are in this video

8. Contacts integration right in the HUB
    9. Calendar like at 0:23 checking your availability in the calendar and it's own tab
    10. Search is simpler 0:55, not as good and less options but i do like the tags.
    11. Contact Filter 1:07: They took it to a whole different level there might be a bit of one but I can't access my contacts app in 10.3 (yes I will reload the OS, stay on topic please). I would like it to be more accessible in the HUB.
    12. It can send location which is pretty cool (don't know if I would ever use it)

13. Option to set a status/tweet/linkedin update simultaneously from within the HUB kind of like in BBOS social feeds app
    b) let us multipost status' as well

14. Call within the HUB under compose.

15. Remember and Calendar should be in the HUB

16. Facebook photo comments and add a comment

17. Collapsible contact folders - like if you have 10 emails from the same person you can group it together under 1 email

#18-19 from this link
    http://www.everything-email.com/ios-8-email-changes/
    18. gestures to delete, achived, flag and etc
    19. create events from email

20. allow us to spam email (right now we only can delete

21. Auto group emails from the same sender with a collapsible folder. (maybe even do that for everything kind of like a contact filter)

22. consolidating accounts in the hub

23. auto BBC like BBOS

24. [EMAIL] All folders should be synced and should be more accessible
    Explained more in depth in posts #25 - #29

25. [CONCEPTS/MOCK UPS] https://www.behance.net/gallery/15793795/BlackBerry-10-HUB-Reimagined-UPDATE-1

26.) [EMAIL] Native PGP / GPG Support for non BES User:

27. [EMAIL] Fix CardDAV to work with ownCloud.

emails getting decoded / encoded as they are being received / sent.

In #28 and #29 i'm referring to this: http://i.imgur.com/ywypSFl.png
    I get over 50 notifications a with only having 3 third party headless apps. Imagine if all my android apps were headless.

28. [Notifications Tab] For Headless notifications: Instead of seeing the bell icon on the Left then App name beside it. How about the App Icon and the normal title.

The Bell is ugly and the App Name takes up too much space so it can be put together as just changing the bell to the App's Icon like BBM, Facebook, LinkedIn, email and text currently have but the only difference would be, these apps are HUB integrated like the apps i listed. This would be a very neat way to organize headless notifications

29. [Notification Tab] once more headless apps come to BB10 or android apps becoming headless, BB10 Notifications is going to get very messy. There should be sorting options with collapsible app folders

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...member-952306/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-959968/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10871820
    Last edited by khehl; 09-29-14 at 02:02 PM.
    LuayS likes this.
    09-12-14 09:53 AM
    Well seeing as 10.3 is complete, these changes would have to arrive win a later version number.
    Eg 10.3.1 or greater.
    09-12-14 10:12 AM
    Well seeing as 10.3 is complete, these changes would have to arrive win a later version number.
    Eg 10.3.1 or greater.
    That's true, i just didn't word it right in the title. meant for people using 10.3 list your features/changes for future OS'
    09-12-14 10:46 AM
    The HUB is the best thing since sliced bread. There's nothing that could possibly make it better. However, it would be nice if the Facebook app showed photo comments and allowed photo comments to be added.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    09-12-14 11:25 AM
    Some of kind hardware(keyboard) and/or gesture shortcuts to jump between the different hubs/accounts

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 11:39 AM
    I don't know much about 10.3, but have been hoping for the following two items since the first release of BB10. 1) Folders or a way to collapse a group into one 'item'. Example : personal email, instant messaging.. 2) some multitasking when peeking. I want to be able to peek from an application and manipulate the exposed hub without having to let go of the app. I can do this the other way around - from the hub, drag the "desktop" back partially, and still be able to flick around in the hub (which is useless, outside of demonstrating my hub wants and desires).

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:19 PM
    Acompli made an android app as well. Don't know if its feature complete to the IOS one tho since they just launched it.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-12-14 01:34 PM
    I really miss being able to select multiple messages at one time to delete.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    You still can......
    09-12-14 02:03 PM
    You still can......
    he means what I said on #6. it's a pain to individually select 20 different items when you can do it in 2 clicks just like in BBOS
    09-12-14 02:22 PM
    1) Folders or a way to collapse a group into one 'item'. Example : personal email, instant messaging..
    Posted via CB10
    do you mean collapsible contact folders? like if you have 10 emails from the same person you can group it together under 1 email?
    09-12-14 02:26 PM
    Acompli made an android app as well. Don't know if its feature complete to the IOS one tho since they just launched it.
    holy, it looks amazing on the tablet.

I like how it has the archive/delete gestures like in iOS8 core email app.

what you played around with it at all?
    09-12-14 02:28 PM
    A link between accounts color and led color ?
    09-12-14 02:57 PM
    do you mean collapsible contact folders? like if you have 10 emails from the same person you can group it together under 1 email?
    That would be interesting to have, but what I was going for is consolidating accounts in the hub. This is something that would benefit those with a lot of accounts.

What you are describing is a bigger change.. one that could work very well if done right.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 03:13 PM
    he means what I said on #6. it's a pain to individually select 20 different items when you can do it in 2 clicks just like in BBOS
    Yes, you are correct.

My bad. Apologies to them.

You can still delete prior though, if that helps.....
    09-12-14 03:21 PM
    Yes, you are correct.

My bad. Apologies to them.

You can still delete prior though, if that helps.....
    that's true
    09-12-14 03:29 PM
    A link between accounts color and led color ?
    that would be cool. Late BBOS versions you could do that because Profiles were so customizatable
    09-12-14 03:30 PM
    That would be interesting to have, but what I was going for is consolidating accounts in the hub. This is something that would benefit those with a lot of accounts.

What you are describing is a bigger change.. one that could work very well if done right.

Posted via CB10
    ohh ok i get it now, thanks for the clarification
    09-12-14 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I miss the multi-touch select ability from the PlayBook. .. ..

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 03:44 PM
    I miss the multi-touch select ability from the PlayBook. .. ..

Posted via CB10
    Playbook OS was awesome because they took so many good elements from BBOS and incorporated them. in BB10 there are so many missing BBOS features, it's insane.
    ssbtech likes this.
    09-23-14 09:07 AM
    You made some good points.

I don�t like how the Hub handles e-mails. On my iPhone I can choose to pin specific folders to the overview for easy access; on my Z10 I have to click on the title bar, scroll down to the e-mail account (unless you�re already in that account), click on it to unfold it, scroll further down to find that folder (if you have lots of (nested) folders, this takes forever!) and then open it; or alternatively search for it (which I don�t like doing on my Z10, I avoid the keyboard whenever I can). Then, when you leave that e-mail account, you have to do the same thing again, your preference isn�t remembered. I don�t find this practical at all. It would be nice if I could access specific folders right from the sidebar.

Another disappointment is the lack of flagging options (you can only have one type, on my iPhone I can have seven!) and smart folders or filters. It�s awkward to view all flags at once (you have to click on the search icon, then open the side bar and scroll down), whereas on my iPhone I can just pin the flags to my overview as well. Basically, I can�t do much e-mailing on my BlackBerry, because of my workflows with the desktop e-mail app. I can only do the most basic actions, but keeping things organised is just not possible for me. Not to mention that because of poor syncing it generally happens that e-mails are not immediately moved, deleted or marked as read, so when you work with your phone and desktop simultaneously, they are not always in sync.
    09-25-14 02:49 AM
    @etiot your right the HUB handles email folders terribly. Another issue with it: sometimes nothing even shows up in the selected folder, I think it's because it doesn't sync all my email folders.

Flag options are needed in email and remember.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:26 AM
    @etiot your right the HUB handles email folders terribly. Another issue with it: sometimes nothing even shows up in the selected folder, I think it's because it doesn't sync all my email folders.

Flag options are needed in email and remember.
    I agree and I do experience these syncing issues as well.

Although I like the concept of the Hub in theory, I think in practice there is a lot to be desired. It’s not as powerful as I had hoped it to be. Not only are many apps missing and just tossed into the ‘Notifications’ section, as you pointed above in more detail, I also find it bizarrely limited when it comes to individual apps, particularly e-mails. I really hoped that BlackBerry would come up with a solution to implement generic notifications much better into the Hub, but so far it just isn’t there. Most of my Android apps won’t even show up under Notifications, it’s so heavily fragmented.

This reminds me of iOS 4 where I had to hunt for notifications. Notifications are so key for me, but it’s the one area where my BlackBerry disappoints me the most. :/
    09-25-14 09:57 AM
    How would you change the folders to make it more accessible?

Pin certain folders to your over flow menu maybe? That's the only solution I can think of.

How does ios handle them?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:07 AM
    How would you change the folders to make it more accessible?

Pin certain folders to your over flow menu maybe? That's the only solution I can think of.

How does ios handle them?
    Something like that, yes.

On iOS, with a tap on the top left of your e-mail application you can see all your mailboxes/folders, starting with the ones you’ve pinned and arranged. See the picture below. It’s really nothing special, but I find it very organised and practical if you have several e-mail accounts and use lots of folders. The approach is usage-based: you pin the folders you need most to the top and can access them easily. The Hub is account-based: it shows all your accounts and lists all folders in a non-obvious manner (predefined folders first, then the rest alphabetically). Suppose you need to frequently access a specific folder in one of your accounts. The only way to see that folder is by going through the procedure I described above. If you have many folders, this can be very inefficient.

There are several solutions. One way would be to allow the sidebar/flow menu to have more items, even nested items (if it works). Another one would be to allow the expandable title bar to be rearranged. If I can put my most-used folders at the top, that would already help a lot.

What features would you like to see in the HUB in 10.3?-13.06.27-mail-1.jpg
    09-25-14 10:36 AM
52 123