I like the collapsible folder idea the most, with rearrange options

The rearrange option in settings can be used for it or a over flow icon.

What features would you like to see in the HUB in 10.3?-img_20140925_144653_edit.png

The problem I have with bb10 it is the least customizable OS out of (WP8, iOS, Android, BBOS) which is needed for personalized productivity.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:51 PM
    I absolutely love the hub, but I genuinely miss how easy it was to multi-select and delete emails on OS7, as well as the ability to swipe between emails.

Granted, it is a personal thing, but that is where I would have started in designing the hub. For example, I get a lot of emails every night when I am sleeping. My morning routine is to open my email and immediately delete the spam. I will then hit the important emails. After, that I would swipe one email after the other in order to read every one and have a mental plan of how to attack them once I began my day. I miss how quickly I could accomplish this on OS7.

I enjoy bb10 and the hub, but I feel BlackBerry lost a lot of email efficiency without the swiping between messages and multi-select. I find it befuddling and a head scratcher.

Not to overhype it, but the lack of these two features make the BlackBerry operating system less essential to me. I can't see myself leaving the BlackBerry family in the near future, but on OS7 my answer would have been an emphatic "no way!!" I valued the email efficiency that much. I love the rest of bb10 (especially the web browser), but give me the ol' unified inbox capabilities of OS 7 and it would be sweet, sweet bliss.

The unified inbox was just that good.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:37 AM
    My morning routine is to open my email and immediately delete the spam. I will then hit the important emails. After, that I would swipe one email after the other in order to read every one
    Multi-select work pretty well in the hub and for the swipe, if you haven't the Q10 (keys N and P), the gesture is there : when in an mail, slide your finger to the right then to the up or down to select a message and release...
    09-26-14 04:05 AM
    I absolutely love the hub, but I genuinely miss how easy it was to multi-select and delete emails on OS7, as well as the ability to swipe between emails.

Granted, it is a personal thing, but that is where I would have started in designing the hub. For example, I get a lot of emails every night when I am sleeping. My morning routine is to open my email and immediately delete the spam. I will then hit the important emails. After, that I would swipe one email after the other in order to read every one and have a mental plan of how to attack them once I began my day. I miss how quickly I could accomplish this on OS7.

I enjoy bb10 and the hub, but I feel BlackBerry lost a lot of email efficiency without the swiping between messages and multi-select. I find it befuddling and a head scratcher.

Not to overhype it, but the lack of these two features make the BlackBerry operating system less essential to me. I can't see myself leaving the BlackBerry family in the near future, but on OS7 my answer would have been an emphatic "no way!!" I valued the email efficiency that much. I love the rest of bb10 (especially the web browser), but give me the ol' unified inbox capabilities of OS 7 and it would be sweet, sweet bliss.

The unified inbox was just that good.
    I hear you. Getting through individual Hub entries is definitely a pain. I don’t know whether you are aware of this gesture: when viewing an entry (e.g. e-mail) swipe halfway from the left and then either up or down before you release your finger. This will close the item you are viewing and go to either the next or previous item. It’s not a very efficient gesture, it’s actually quite awkward, but it’s a start.

On 10.3 there are these new ‘instant actions’ (top right) that allow you to quickly delete/archive e-mails right from the overview (you can even customise these actions).
    What features would you like to see in the HUB in 10.3?-img_20140923_205623-e1411525639676.png
    09-26-14 04:26 AM
    Or how about we REIMAGINE it completely
    09-26-14 04:54 AM
    Or how about we REIMAGINE it completely
    Very cool concept, added to the list

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 09-26-14 at 11:13 AM.
    09-26-14 07:50 AM
    Multi-select work pretty well in the hub and for the swipe, if you haven't the Q10 (keys N and P), the gesture is there : when in an mail, slide your finger to the right then to the up or down to select a message and release...
    there is no way to do that on the Z series
    09-26-14 11:05 AM
    I hear you. Getting through individual Hub entries is definitely a pain. I don’t know whether you are aware of this gesture: when viewing an entry (e.g. e-mail) swipe halfway from the left and then either up or down before you release your finger. This will close the item you are viewing and go to either the next or previous item. It’s not a very efficient gesture, it’s actually quite awkward, but it’s a start.

On 10.3 there are these new ‘instant actions’ (top right) that allow you to quickly delete/archive e-mails right from the overview (you can even customise these actions).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140923_205623-e1411525639676.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	300616
    Speed Triage is insanely slow and just as many clicks to delete a chunk of emails as it is to hold an email and select more. T

I don't think this was really thought out and doesn't compete with competition's gesture email actions at all or BBOS select 20emails in 2 clicks.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    09-26-14 11:13 AM
    I really miss being able to select multiple messages at one time to delete.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely this. The way you have to do it now sucks

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:17 AM
    Absolutely this. The way you have to do it now sucks

Posted via CB10
    select more and speed triage is too slow..
    09-26-14 11:27 AM
    http://i.imgur.com/ywypSFl.png I get over 50 notifcations a with only having 3 third party headless apps. Imagine if all my android apps were headless.

- For Headless notifications: Instead of seeing the bell icon on the Left then App name beside it. How about the App Icon and the normal title.

The Bell is ugly and the App Name takes up too much space so it can be put together as just changing the bell to the App's Icon like BBM, Facebook, LinkedIn, email and text currently have but the only difference would be, these apps are HUB integrated like the apps i listed. This would be a very neat way to organize headless notifications

- once more headless apps come to BB10 or android apps becoming headless, BB10 Notifications is going to get very messy. There should be sorting options with collapsible app folders.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:51 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/ywypSFl.png I get over 50 notifcations a with only having 3 third party headless apps. Imagine if all my android apps were headless.

- For Headless notifications: Instead of seeing the bell icon on the Left then App name beside it. How about the App Icon and the normal title.

The Bell is ugly and the App Name takes up too much space so it can be put together as just changing the bell to the App's Icon like BBM, Facebook, LinkedIn, email and text currently have but the only difference would be, these apps are HUB integrated like the apps i listed. This would be a very neat way to organize headless notifications

- once more headless apps come to BB10 or android apps becoming headless, BB10 Notifications is going to get very messy. There should be sorting options with collapsible app folders.
    I don’t understand why BlackBerry didn’t put more effort into this either. They know or should know by now that there is only little developer interest in native apps with Hub support, so they should at least come up with an alternative. They had a really great idea with the Hub, but they let it slip. Using separate icons and titles is definitely a good suggestion. I miss the equivalent of a notification centre/drawer.

By the way, in 10.3 you can block apps from showing up in the Hub (don’t remember whether that was possible in 10.2.1):
    What features would you like to see in the HUB in 10.3?-img_20140930_090223.png
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-30-14 02:04 AM
    My god how fast do you guys need to delete emails? Select all and keep what you need? Ios is the worst for that btw
    09-30-14 03:07 AM
    My god how fast do you guys need to delete emails? Select all and keep what you need?
    What’s your point? Both the old and new method in BlackBerry 10 require you to enter some sort of ‘deletion mode’ first. On Android and iOS 8, you can delete items just by swiping them away. It’s a very precise and speedy way of doing it. The new method in BlackBerry 10.3 is a little awkward, because you can’t do it too quickly without risking that you delete a wrong item because of the delay. I found that I can only delete two items immediately after each other, then you have to wait a moment until the list is updated. If you attempt a third one, it may happen that the list shrinks just in the moment when your finger touches the screen.

Ios is the worst for that btw
    Why? Please elaborate.
    09-30-14 04:01 AM
    I don’t understand why BlackBerry didn’t put more effort into this either. They know or should know by now that there is only little developer interest in native apps with Hub support, so they should at least come up with an alternative. They had a really great idea with the Hub, but they let it slip. Using separate icons and titles is definitely a good suggestion. I miss the equivalent of a notification centre/drawer.

By the way, in 10.3 you can block apps from showing up in the Hub (don’t remember whether that was possible in 10.2.1):
    haha i barely can find a headless app never mind disabling notifications :P

I do agree that HUB is a good idea, it just needs a UI and functionality update
    09-30-14 01:00 PM
    What�s your point? Both the old and new method in BlackBerry 10 require you to enter some sort of �deletion mode� first. On Android and iOS 8, you can delete items just by swiping them away. It�s a very precise and speedy way of doing it. The new method in BlackBerry 10.3 is a little awkward, because you can�t do it too quickly without risking that you delete a wrong item because of the delay. I found that I can only delete two items immediately after each other, then you have to wait a moment until the list is updated. If you attempt a third one, it may happen that the list shrinks just in the moment when your finger touches the screen.

Why? Please elaborate.
    Ios doesn't have the select all feature. I had to swipe one by one or tap them individually to select n delete. Deleting texts is even worse. My biggest problem here is you guys whining about a few extra SECONDS. Not minutes, seconds. Jesus, I don't care who you are, you're not that busy. Ppl always find a,reason to complain. Don't like it? Stick to Ios then or bb7 or something.
    09-30-14 07:50 PM
    Ios doesn't have the select all feature. I had to swipe one by one or tap them individually to select n delete. Deleting texts is even worse. My biggest problem here is you guys whining about a few extra SECONDS. Not minutes, seconds. Jesus, I don't care who you are, you're not that busy. Ppl always find a,reason to complain. Don't like it? Stick to Ios then or bb7 or something.
    Try to select 500 pics in file manager to move them to your computer or a different folder. You will get what we mean..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:50 AM
    That's a separate issue from the hub no? Isn't that why we have BlackBerry Link? You move those pics a lot? If this is daily for you then yes, I feel for you... other wise nah
    10-01-14 02:35 AM
    (1) You can't select all items in the Hub either, just by date. (2) Why would I want to select all anyway? It's a tool for very specific situations (e.g. archiving) and isn't what we are talking about here.

You haven't understood what I don't like about this feature: that there is no efficient and foolproof way to go through your inbox, without having to enter a deletion mode first.

I have been very impressed with the Mailbox app on iOS and Android, many functions of which have now been incorporated into iOS Mail and Gmail. It just has a very nice flow to it once you've used it. BlackBerry 10 is so old-fashioned in that regard. As you admit yourself, it may cost a few seconds every time. BlackBerry claims the standard of a productivity device, but it's measurably less productive in some key areas, regardless whether we are personally busy or not.

I don't appreciate your tone, don't be so judgmental.

In general, my disappointment with the Hub is this: it’s an excellent tool for viewing and responding to messages (e-mail, sms, Whatsapp, Facebook), but not for organising your e-mail. On iOS, you need to use at least four separate apps and you need to pay attention to the Notification Centre to keep track of what’s going on. That’s the huge benefit of the Hub. However, its folder and flagging support are either not optimal or lacklustre and it fails to adopt developments that iOS and Gmail have gone through, including swipe gestures, smart folders and tags. It works for simple apps like messages or Whatsapp, but for more complex apps like e-mail, the Hub simply reaches a limit. I just miss a bit more creativity on BlackBerry’s part, that’s all.
    Last edited by Eitot; 10-01-14 at 03:44 AM.
    ssbtech likes this.
    10-01-14 03:20 AM
    That's a separate issue from the hub no? Isn't that why we have BlackBerry Link? You move those pics a lot? If this is daily for you then yes, I feel for you... other wise nah
    Select all/select chuck should be everywhere on the OS.

BBOS was adaptable to any lifestyle. BB10 forces you to do a certain way or a work around. That's what I'm getting at. If I "were" to delete/flag/file a 50 email chunk for what ever reason. It's just nice to have it throughout the OS.
    Even the select more function is slow
    A faster way to select more would be hold the email/item and it automatically selects more with the delete in the bottom corner.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:19 AM
    A feature I would like to see implemented in 10.3.1 that is not currently in 10.3 I the ability to delete all items in a particular Hub category without having to individually select every item. This is particularly useful in social networking apps such as Foursquare, Instagram (iGrann), and Twitter when you get several notifications daily. By the end of the day or week you may want to remove these notifications so your Hub isn't so cluttered.

I will probably leave this comment in all of the individual apps I previously named in BlackBerry World as their developers may have more control over this feature than BlackBerry. But if a developer happens to read this, I think this would be a great feature to have in the Hub in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:34 AM
    4 things I want the most in the HUB to make it the #1 Unified Notification Centre

1. the Notifications Tab/Category is a mess. I get over 20-100 headless notifications a day (i'm a power user) just on 3 different apps headless apps (these aren't HUB integrated apps). Since there are basically no headless apps. If you were me, trust me you would be annoyed. Imagine me having 10-40 headless apps like the normal person on any other OS.
    a) the "Bell" notification, is not only ugly. It's hard to determine what app it's from sometimes.
    b) no filters/tags/collapsable folders within the Notifications tab to easily find and organize each app.
    c) The Notification "Middle/App Launcher Screen" is ugly and useless.
    http://i.imgur.com/iyDz5uQ.png (yes, I have to look at that pointless ugly screen 20-100 times a day)
    They need to either: let developers use HMTL in the body for the visual look (pictures) and let them make it interactive like HUB Integrated Apps or take out that dumb middle screen and launch the app to that message straight from the dumb (the worse option, but still better then it is now)

2. before there was no competition it was completely new, but now
    a) Acompli is out innovating the the Email part of the HUB. Full integrated notes and calendar right from it. How about that? It's feature packed so it's pretty self explanatory
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...compli.acompli
    b) Snowball is out innovating the Notifications part of the HUB (yes, my biggest pet peeve)
    Snowball Debuts A Unified Inbox For All Your Messaging Apps | TechCrunch
    c) HUB for Android, is pretty ugly but at least it gives better indicators for headless notifications https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emsi.hub&hl=en

3. gesture based email looks a lot nicer, can do more and is faster then speed triage.
    4. select more is really redundant, you shouldn't manually have to press select more after holding an item. It should automatically let me select more when the delete button is on the action bar. They are overusing the overflow menu.
    10-15-14 09:35 PM
    I for one would like a timed return to the main hub, or something similar. For instance , when you go into a text from the hub and say send a picture then swipe up and out , when you later go back to the hub, I want it to go back to the main hub, not where I was in the text. Providing this as an option on a timer would be pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:27 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:31 AM
    What I would like to see is the ability in other apps to add a shortcut to a function into the hub.

Example: In file manager, I'd like to add a shortcut to my OneDrive to the hub, so I can access my OneDrive files directly from the hub instead of having to go into the file manager.
    10-16-14 02:03 PM
52 123