One Feature that totally needs to be added is the CLOCK! There needs to be a banner always on top showing the Clock no matter what you're working on. No more having to buy apps just to see the clock. It's That easy just allow some space to display the Clock everywhere, anytime. It should never be covered up or hidden. I do not like having to close out of apps just to see the Clock on the Homscreen. Yes I know Advanced OS Led has added this feature, but when you have lots of choices in the BB Menu scrolling to look at the time is painful and time-consuming. That is unacceptable to me and sadly I had to buy an app that shows me the Clock, Amplify the App.

See I COMPLETELY disagree!

I don't want a clock on every screen, I wouldn't mind a clock in the pulldown menu of every app, just as I would like that in the pop up menu of every app, but when I'm reading emails or BBMing I don't need a clock, my BBM tells me what time it is as I post, during my emails I don't want to be thinking "this is taking forever, or look at the time, the screen is small I want to be focused on the task at hand.

It should be easier to see the time, maybe even the time in the app switching menu, but always visible is a waste of pixels
    07-09-12 08:38 PM

I don't want a clock on every screen, I wouldn't mind a clock in the pulldown menu of every app, just as I would like that in the pop up menu of every app, but when I'm reading emails or BBMing I don't need a clock, my BBM tells me what time it is as I post, during my emails I don't want to be thinking "this is taking forever, or look at the time, the screen is small I want to be focused on the task at hand.

It should be easier to see the time, maybe even the time in the app switching menu, but always visible is a waste of pixels
    ok what if the clock was also combined with notifications also?
    07-09-12 08:40 PM
    From the perspective of someone wanting a BB10 N-Series device:

Tons of RAM
    At least one convenience key
    Settings for colored LEDs for contacts/apps
    BlackBerry Protect with more features (BBM contacts, other phone settings)
    Auto-focus camera
    Keyboard shortcuts
    Hi Tek likes this.
    07-09-12 10:42 PM
    I would like to see a better camera for sure, in all the right places, but what about a front facing camera for once, yes? It's about time...
    07-09-12 11:13 PM
    Innovation! That's it. From what I see, they're already coming up with a unique approach that I'm really digging. I can't wait.
    07-10-12 12:59 AM
    Speedygi,
    I agree that the Camera is key! That is one thing that I wish my Galaxy Nexus did well in. The iPhone 4S has a great camera and RIM would do well if they could hold a candle to that part of the competition. People love taking pictures and are impressed when those pictures in their phone turn out well.

Mike @ Guy4Tech.com
    07-10-12 08:05 AM
    Speedygi,
    I agree that the Camera is key! That is one thing that I wish my Galaxy Nexus did well in. The iPhone 4S has a great camera and RIM would do well if they could hold a candle to that part of the competition. People love taking pictures and are impressed when those pictures in their phone turn out well.

Mike @ Guy4Tech.com
    Yeap, and when you start sharing those photos you don't have to give excuses for them, that's what I want from the first BB10's camera...
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    07-10-12 08:44 AM
    Superapp integration. . .information sheared between app as smoothly and easily as possible. . .
    Thor has stated that the delay is because of them working on integrating everything into each other! so the phone will have the best integration out of any OS out there!
    07-10-12 09:27 AM

Hmm well how about the option to Hide the Clock? It's a win win for everyone. Or a transparency filter that keeps the Clock there, but barely visible to the naked eye?
    07-11-12 10:03 PM
    with the PlayBook when you tap the clock you get a calendar but you can't select a day and go into the calendar app, thats what I want plus see a list of your days appointments when you do that. Actually the days maybe too small to select individually but going to the calendar app from there would be a nice option.

I think we need a drop down appointment screen from clock since the INBOX is just a swipe to the left away. I don't want a clock on every screen but maybe the Calendar app will be two swipes away?

EDIT: Ok it took awhile to sort out in my head but this is what I mean. When you tap on the clock (time) you will get a small calendar that has the numbers like the Calendar app does on busier days. Then you would see todays appointments below in a list. To jump into the Calendar app you just tap on the calendar and it loads Month view. Then you select the day you want to add/edit appointments.
    Last edited by dentynefire; 07-13-12 at 05:25 PM.
    07-13-12 05:15 PM

The US Military are using Android phones too.
    your right the military has started using a stripped down version of android 2.2 with no access to google play.......

what people dont understand is there are companies in to world where security is first and for most. so great if other platforms can step up and compete with rim but your delusional if you think your going to get an that awesome fun user experience that is shown on non locked secure phones.
    07-14-12 10:53 AM
    i wanna see amazing integration between core apps, meaning i don't have to leave an app to access the functionality of another.
    07-14-12 10:55 AM
    battery, battery, battery.

Something akin to Motorola's Razr MAXX (3100mAh). Darn thing is a full-screen droid, for goodness sake, and it lasts 2-3 days+.

BB10 devices better not end up being set up with some wafer-thin, paltry keep-on-the-charger 1200mAh battery like most OS7 devices have now (exception: 9320). Anything less than 2600mAh would be bad. If Motorola engineers can squeeze a 3000+mAh battery into such a relatively thin shell, there's no reason RIM can't do something similar.

I don't care what engineers say regarding energy efficiency with new processors, etc, a large capacity battery will eliminate nay-sayers from arguments/discussions right from the get go regarding device performance.
    Cesare21, Tim-ANC and Speedygi like this.
    07-14-12 12:02 PM
    - Fantastic Integration between phone and tablet. Like the new chrome browser where the tabs sync between devices. Would love to be able to do something on my PB, be it documents/browser/messages, then have it sync instantly when I need to my BB when I'm out (and vice versa).

- USB host, want the extra storage on PB at least, and SD slot on phone!

- Blackberry wallet that supports nfc and is the start to mobile payments, a true mobile wallet.
    07-15-12 10:55 AM
    Better document organization

I should also be able to have more than one PDF file open at a time on the PlayBook
    07-16-12 01:37 AM
    Kindle reader
    07-16-12 01:47 AM
    Better document organization

I should also be able to have more than one PDF file open at a time on the PlayBook
    Let me clarify:

Whe I open PDF reader (what a POS that is) I shouldn't see every PDF file on my device lumped into one massive list, I want them viewable by folder just like on my Windows PC.

When I open my photo browser and look at photos I should be able to see nested photo folders. If I have it set up as photos\pets\dog and photos\pets\cat I don't want to see the contents of the dog and cat folder jumbled into one, I want to see the folder for the cat and dog photos.
    07-16-12 02:35 AM
    Let me clarify:

Whe I open PDF reader (what a POS that is) I shouldn't see every PDF file on my device lumped into one massive list, I want them viewable by folder just like on my Windows PC.

When I open my photo browser and look at photos I should be able to see nested photo folders. If I have it set up as photos\pets\dog and photos\pets\cat I don't want to see the contents of the dog and cat folder jumbled into one, I want to see the folder for the cat and dog photos.
    I would like to see a BB10 file manager that is better than any Android file manager out there in the market...

It is small features like that really makes an OS shine. They certainly add up
    07-16-12 10:48 AM
    much bigger app storage. and more apps!
    07-24-12 03:41 PM
    Release an Android app player for BB10 too, as I think it won't be hard since it's going to be QNX...
    07-24-12 08:43 PM
    Create a foolproof way to post status updates to everything from LinkedIn to Twitter, to share photos and to find locations nearby, and be able to share them fast...
    07-25-12 04:51 PM
    A desktop messenger app tied to my phone via bluetooth.

When I'm at my PC I'd like to be able to use SMS and BBM.

And I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I'd like to be able to tie the phone to my Car PC and have incoming messages pop up on the display.
    07-25-12 09:46 PM
    I would like to see android app integration. If I could either sideload android apps or purchase them directly through the app store I would be a happy camper. I really enjoy my blackberry but it lacks a few games and apps (netflix) that I need in my phone.
    07-26-12 05:04 AM
    1) Battery life. I don't care to have the thinnest phone, I feel no need to compete in phone anorexia because I need tools, not toys. On bad days I have to use my spare battery.
    2) The ability to change sound profiles from the lock screen without unlocking.
    3) Advanced email config options alongside the EZ-setup routine for beginners. I want to be able to force Yahoo to use IMAP and not POP.
    4) Proper push email on OWA when using BIS. Waiting 15 minutes for email to show up is not acceptable.
    07-26-12 11:18 PM
    Yes, I agree with your security concerns. I was eligible for an upgrade and traded my 9650 for a motorola razor....took it back the next day....the security was of concern since I use my phone for business as well. plus it just was not "all that". I am hoping that BBRRY will meet my needs soon
    07-29-12 10:56 AM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD