Why should anybody have to change email providers just to make BB10 work? In some cases people had the same email address for 10-20 years, now they have to change?
    It's not about BlackBerry email client... The issue is with the email provider who is not up to date or not well configured.

If the server cannot offer IMAP with Push for mobile users, don't use it as such. It's not the job of a phone company to correct this ; It's the email one who must do something.

And if you quote again "But in BBOS, it was better". We'll sure, in the early days, it was new technologies, not broadly implemented. And BlackBerry offered top services like compressing web page by tunneling the request or polling your POP account often to warn the phone client of a new email. But it's not it's job. And, IMAP or Push are implemented since several years now in all professional email providers.

So, choose a modern email provider, that's all.
    rthonpm and rhitdoph like this.
    11-26-14 08:28 AM
    I miss the ability to use a firewall. I get sick of getting emails and text messages I don't want because there are no firewall settings. First thing I look for in leaked OS's since BB10 released.

Posted via CB10
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    11-26-14 09:02 AM
    It's not about BlackBerry email client... The issue is with the email provider who is not up to date or not well configured.

If the server cannot offer IMAP with Push for mobile users, don't use it as such. It's not the job of a phone company to correct this ; It's the email one who must do something.

And if you quote again "But in BBOS, it was better". We'll sure, in the early days, it was new technologies, not broadly implemented. And BlackBerry offered top services like compressing web page by tunneling the request or polling your POP account often to warn the phone client of a new email. But it's not it's job. And, IMAP or Push are implemented since several years now in all professional email providers.

So, choose a modern email provider, that's all.
    Remind me again what BlackBerry became famous for? All of the sudden it's not its job anymore?

When they dropped BB push email they should've dropped the name BlackBerry.

It wasn't just about push email, it was about filters, firewall, delivered and read receipts, compression, complete control of notifications etc etc
    11-26-14 12:23 PM
    It wasn't just about push email, it was about filters, firewall, delivery and read receipts, compression, complete control of notifications etc etc
    Jobs for email providers. And the ones who live from it do it nowadays. You can't support and patch "old" technology with features from new one until the earth stop spinning. There is a time when you have to take a step. If your email provider didn't do it, that not the job of the phone company to patch something up.

I understand you have the feeling to lose something, but the fault is not BlackBerry, really...
    11-26-14 12:29 PM
    Jobs for email providers. And the ones who live from it do it nowadays. You can't support and patch "old" technology with features from new one until the earth stop spinning. There is a time when you have to take a step. If your email provider didn't do it, that not the job of the phone company to patch something up.

I understand you have the feeling to lose something, but the fault is not BlackBerry, really...
    Of course it's not BlackBerry's fault they no longer offer what they built their business on in the first place, how silly of me to think that.

I should've kept my Nokia Symbian then since it had the same email features BB10 offers, and that was before I bought my first BB in 2008 or so.
    11-26-14 12:38 PM
    Odd thing is, when I had BBOS7 and BIS my emails were delayed by up to 15 minutes on 2 of my accounts. This was confirmed by numerous tests through various email conversations, and it straight up said it whenever I setup the email on the phone. Eventually I upgraded to BB10 and suddenly one of my accounts worked instantaneously as it supported Push through IMAP, which never worked with BIS for whatever reason. Eventually my other account upgraded its service to support Push also. Suddenly I had instantaneous email. Something I had never had with BBOS or BIS.

I understand that there are features and options BIS provided that BB10 currently doesn't. They should still try to implement these in some way. But, in my experience BB10 has been a large improvement for me in terms if receiving my emails in a timely manner. It's night and day.

Plus, I find it hard to blame BlackBerry for all of this. The tides turned and the market shifted. People were moving to other platforms and were in fact getting along just fine with out BIS. This being the huge majority of smart phone users. It's my opinion that BlackBerry was forced to move with the change or would forever become irrelevant. It's a very real possibility that if BlackBerry still "offer(ed) what they built their business on in the first place" they would no longer be making phones.
    Joshu42 likes this.
    11-26-14 01:14 PM
    Odd thing is, when I had BBOS7 and BIS my emails were delayed by up to 15 minutes on 2 of my accounts. This was confirmed by numerous tests through various email conversations, and it straight up said it whenever I setup the email on the phone. Eventually I upgraded to BB10 and suddenly one of my accounts worked instantaneously as it supported Push through IMAP, which never worked with BIS for whatever reason. Eventually my other account upgraded its service to support Push also. Suddenly I had instantaneous email. Something I had never had with BBOS or BIS.

I understand that there are features and options BIS provided that BB10 currently doesn't. They should still try to implement these in some way. But, in my experience BB10 has been a large improvement for me in terms if receiving my emails in a timely manner. It's night and day.

Plus, I find it hard to blame BlackBerry for all of this. The tides turned and the market shifted. People were moving to other platforms and were in fact getting along just fine with out BIS. This being the huge majority of smart phone users. It's my opinion that BlackBerry was forced to move with the change or would forever become irrelevant. It's a very real possibility that if BlackBerry still "offer(ed) what they built their business on in the first place" they would no longer be making phones.

Actually they still offer what they built their business on and it's still what the vast majority of BB subscribers use.
    11-27-14 02:23 PM
    How would that work? And how does it make sense?
    Im very curious as well, I hope its "long hold on an email then select, open in new tab"... basically tabs for the hub would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:51 PM
    After using OS10.3.1 on my Z3, the only one feature I wish to see added is the ability to change the fonts

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:57 PM
    Apparently there's a lot we humans are prepared to give up in the name of convenience, for example have a look at what photos were possible at the start of 1900 yet for years we were content with 2mp cameras on our phones.

1907-1915: Russia Before the Revolution, in Color
    I just looked at your link. That's stunning - I have never seen such high quality photos from 100+ years ago.

Check this site out as well - 100 Year Old Colour Photographs by S. M. Prokudin-Gorskii

These photographs easily appear to be better quality than the capability of some modern day smartphone cameras!
    Last edited by terminatorx; 12-07-14 at 01:25 AM.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    12-07-14 12:55 AM
    They appear to be taken by the same photographer. Never mind smartphone cameras, all smartphone cameras are terrible when you try to print, those photos beat modern digital cameras.
    12-07-14 03:34 AM
    Now that the Classic is out, wonder if the OP will update the first post to what applies and what doesn't?
    01-05-15 08:52 AM
    Auto Bcc
    01-05-15 11:15 AM
    Selective Sync
    Contact Group Syncing
    Indefinite Retention of Calendar Dates

On a personal level: The Notes app for Apple computers.
    Spam filtering apps

Posted via Q10 CB10
    02-08-15 07:58 PM
189 ... 678