Alright guys what features do you miss from BBOS. I'm not trying to compare the OS' in any way. I am just compiling a list of features that people miss from BBOS.
    Even the smallest features, please list it.

I'll start it off.

1. blackberry traffic

(I do get that BB10 maps do grab traffic data but it's nothing compared to BlackBerry Traffic)

2. hide folders/files

3. themes

4. custom profiles

5. auto on/off bedside mode feature
    #6 http://www.adamphones.com/news/index...ur-blackberry/

6. battery saving mode
    helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/06/battery-saving-mode (samsung S5 battery setting are actually much better now)

7. brightness setting can go darker

8. functionality of BackBerry Protect (cloud backup and restore)

9. volume bumpers to change ring volume and even set the device to vibrate or silent.

10. accessories, there were plenty for bbos phones, like docks

11. contact nicknames

12. When device was plugged into the computer it would ask you if you would like to open up desktop manager or usb storage.

13. Add Contacts in a flash
    When looking for a contact typing the name of person, if the contact was not in the list, adding a new one immediately creates a new contact with the typed name in the name field. That was nice and saved time.

14. Showing contacts name AND phone number when dialing
    when calling someone bb7 showed the name and the phone number. BB10 shows only the name but not the phone number, it only shows the number when the calls connect. I found it very useful to show both the name and the number when trying to connect, that way you make sure your are calling the right number when the contact has several numbers listed.

15. Individual LED colours for message types - I had different colours for each of my email accounts, Facebook notifications

16. Contact GROUPS in BlackBerry would sync with Contact CATEGORIES in MS Outlook

17. fully customizable holster profiles

18. Edit properties in files and folders

19. Call Logs were contact centric - All calls by/to a contact were listed together irrespective of the time when the calls were made

20. Date and time on homescreen

21. Auto dial voicemail AND password. VM password does not save on BB10.

22. BlackBerry News

23. Emailing: - The ability to report spam/junk mail & Consolidated Email Inbox Option

24. Email Preferences - things like, the ability to set html or plain text as standard viewing/composing options - on BB10 you have to do this manually for each email

25. Convenience Keys

26. Universal copy/paste was easier,Copy/paste, BB10 makes it very difficult still

27. hyperlinked pins, emails, addresses and phone numbers everywhere in the OS even on the internet

28. Better compatibility with Outlook.
    - sync memos and tasks. Some people don't want to put thier data in the cloud.
    - Some people want to connect my USB cord and sync everything.

29. Ability to clear all emails on the phone kind of like the "Clear Notifications" button

30. Some sort of Compress data solution like BIS had. I get that there is no way to bring BIS back but some people are on a budget and can't get a lot of data.

31. customize the vibrations (short, long, number, etc)

32. Notification sounds played through the external speaker when headphones are plugged in but media is paused. It's amazing how much I miss this. I often listen to music/podcasts during the work day, and during the times I have that paused, it'd be nice to be able to hear alert tones without having to pull out the headphones

33. The ability to set a permanent bcc email address in the account setting so all emails sent from my phone were also sent to work computer. This is good for Outlook Client Users because there is no way to wirelessly sync your "Sent" emails from your phone with Outlook.

34. Email. Once images downloaded, ability to save it with the embedded images

35. Calling directly a contact from a txt msg or bbm by hitting a single key

36. Calender reminder that let's me snooze a desired amount when the reminder pops up

37. Easily adding WAITING and PAUSE codes un contact list for Q Series owners

38. Edit the email flag properties right now on BB10 we can only Flag but not edit the properties

39. separate voice recorder app(right now we can only make notes with voice notes in them)

40. shortcut icons (like adding webpages and contacts to homescreen)

41. bedside mode settings (this kind of goes with #4)

42. sorting bookmarks (go the extra step to make this better and let us import and export bookmarks via JSON, or HTML and let us put them into our speed dial instead of our most recent sites)

43. adding contact information: you should be able to change the label to what you want instead of the usual home, mobile, work and other.

44. auto bbc

45. IMAP implementation should have the option to instantly update the mail server when I delete, read, create a draft message

46. Display fonts (we can only choose sizes of font)

47. VVM was more usable on BBOS then BB10

48. Social feeds/news feeds app

49. ringtones, vibration length and etc should all be on on the front notifcations page
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=bbos+...30%3B670%3B505

50. BBM: chat history

51. BBM: adding SMS contacts into my BBM contact list

52. BBM: Change any BBM contacts display pciture

53. BBM: BBM contacts were attached to the people in your address book so you could call people (not using BBM voice) from your address book within BBM

54. brightness went much lower on BBOS

55. black and white under accessibility settings called High Contrast

56. Calendar integration with Memopad for reminders and Clock app for alarms

57. Memopad reminders can be set to any time of the day. Remember we only can have reminders on a specific date but not time.
    We should be able to set a reminder/due date for 5min or 1 month and it should be able to be customized when ever.
    58. call blocker

59. notifcations during calls

60. auto shut off/on

61. choose what email to send from on the fly

62. Remember: a "recurrence" setting like in Memopad

63. customizable bottom row of apps. Let Z30 hold 6 apps, Passport 7 and all other BB10 phones 5.
    The search function on the Q Series is completely useless since it has type and go.

64. Weather App Icon: It used to show the temperature and if it was rainy/cloudy or sunny without even going into the app.

65. BBM: Broadcast is no where near as useful or easy to use. There use to be checklist of all the contacts and groups

66. Email Encryption: PGP and/or S/MIME

67. I was able to perform a remote search of my emails on the server

68. scrolling text for long names

69. back up to SD card

70. Picture geotagging - File names for pictures and videos from the Camera app should contain the date and/or location information instead of a sequencial identfier (00000001 vs. Waterloo-20120307-00001).
    Include City name in file name (pictures, videos, audio) when geotagging is ON

71. Backup Databases: Right now there are only 3 databases to back up your phones to like PIM/Settings/Media, 6 data bases if you are on BES. On BBOS you could backup basically every single app's data separately if you wanted like: contacts, contact settings, calendar, calendar settings, etc

72. Check Spelling before sending emails

73. Go to any folder with mp3's and press menu from there i could select ''play now'' or something like that and the folder would play directly in the music player. It would actually play through the folder unlike in BB10 right now it will only play the 1 song.

74. BB7 offered in the contact list via the options menu the ability to easily add waiting codes and pause codes to a phone number. Eg: adding extension number when dialing as an automatic option to have in the screen. Or adding special dialpad codes to access phone systems.

75. data activity arrows

76. be able to set filters so that e-mails from certain sender(s) and/or with a specific subject is not downloaded to the device

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...member-952306/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-959968/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10871820
    Last edited by khehl; 10-13-14 at 12:44 AM.
    09-09-14 10:41 PM
    That warm fuzzy feeling I got when I opened an app and it didn't show the hour glass animation.
    g33kphr33k, mjdimer and mkelley65 like this.
    09-09-14 10:44 PM
    That warm fuzzy feeling I got when I opened an app and it didn't show the hour glass animation.
    haha sarcasm? unless you are talking about beta zone 1min app launch on bb10
    09-09-14 10:52 PM
    I can list quite a few:

Here 3 of the ones I miss the most

1. Ability to save time adding a NEW CONTACT
    -------
    When looking for a contact typing the name of person, if the contact was not in the list, adding a new one immediately creates a new contact with the typed name in the name field. That was nice and saved time. That feature is gone in bb10

2. Showing NAME and PHONE NUMBER when dialing
    ------
    when calling someone bb7 showed the name and the phone number. BB10 shows only the name but not the phone number, it only shows the number when the calls connect. How dumb is that? I found it very usefull to show both the name and the number when trying to connect, that way you make sure your are calling the right number when the contact has several numbers listed. Another great feature missed and forgotten.

3. Easily adding WAITING and PAUSE codes un contact list
    ------
    BB7 offered in the contact list via the options menu the ability to easily add waiting codes and pause codes to a phone number. Eg: adding extension number when dialing as an automatic option to have in the screen. Or adding special dialpad codes to access phone systems.

The feature exists but you have to know how to do it.

I want to point out that one KB from Blackberry has errors in their explanation about how to add special character codes. (KB33789)

The right thing is:
    Comma = p for pause
    exclamation point (!)= w for wait

if you're in your phone contacts, you can also simply type "b" for wait and "n" for pause

BlackBerry forgot those useful commands not only in the OS10 but in their manuals, help videos, etc. Or please let me know where it is?

For BB7 oficial manuals talk about it and their OS had a shortcut to add wait and pause from the menu.

It seems like the development team of BB10 and their updates never used a BB7 phone.

Posted via CB10
    arnavrs, acovey and Mr4aces like this.
    09-09-14 11:29 PM
    haha sarcasm? unless you are talking about beta zone 1min app launch on bb10
    Naw man, the fact that that rarity happened just meant that it was going to be a good day!
    09-09-14 11:32 PM
    Alright guys what features do you miss from BBOS. I'm not trying to compare the OS' in any way. I am just compiling a list of features that people miss from BBOS.
    Even the smallest features, please list it.

I'll start it off.

- blackberry traffic
    (I do get that BB10 maps do grab traffic data but it's nothing compared to BlackBerry Traffic)
    - hide folders/files
    - themes
    - custom profiles
    - auto on/off bedside mode feature
    10 Tips and Tricks to Improve the Battery Life of your BlackBerry | Adam Phones News
    - battery saving mode
    Introducing Battery Saving Mode in BlackBerry 7.1 | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    - brightness setting can go darker
    - functionality of BackBerry Protect (cloud backup and restore)
    - volume bumpers to change ring volume and even set the device to vibrate or silent.
    - accessories, there were plenty for bbos phones, like docks
    - contact nicknames
    When dialling or receiving the call, it shows the company name also, if u put in the field. Which is missing.
    acovey and Mr4aces like this.
    09-09-14 11:33 PM
    When dialling or receiving the call, it shows the company name also, if u put in the field. Which is missing.
    The 10.3 leaks show that this has been brought back.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:39 PM
    HUGE MISS
    ------
    With OS7 you are able to sync notes and tasks with Outlook.

With the new BB10 you CANNOT.

How is that for a new OS on a business phone?

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-09-14 11:46 PM
    HUGE MISS
    ------
    With OS7 you are able to sync notes and tasks with Outlook.

With the new BB10 you CANNOT.

How is that for a new OS on a business phone?

Posted via CB10
    You can sync them on an exchange account, like office 365.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-10-14 06:07 AM
    Contact GROUPS in BlackBerry would sync with Contact CATEGORIES in MS Outlook !!

Posted on CB10 via my Snappy Q5
    Alexandre Biron and Mr4aces like this.
    09-10-14 06:23 AM
    File manager. Still can't edit the properties of files or folders.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 06:32 AM
    I have a few to add...

Compatibility with Outlook categories. ("Groups", while nice in BB10 itself, is not the same or interchangeable).

Independent volume level settings per notification type - the ability to set the volume of incoming SMS higher than, say, incoming email. That ability went back at least as far as OS 4.5, if not farther.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and acovey like this.
    09-10-14 07:03 AM
    Call logs on BBOS were contact centric (i.e, All calls by/to a contact were listed together irrespective of the time when the calls were made)
    Whereas that's not the case on BB10. Wish it were that way!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, AmritD and diehardbbuser like this.
    09-10-14 07:19 AM
    Great list so far, a few additions.

Automatic clearing of search field when contacts are closed. Example, if you search for a contact, close the app, come back later the search is still filtering the data.

Sound profiles in/out of holster.

Add date next to time on home screen (without requiring a swipe down).

Auto dial voicemail AND password. VM password does not save on BB10.

Custom function choice for middle button between volume up/down. Was customizable in BBOS.

BlackBerry Traffic and BlackBerry News apps.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and limabo like this.
    09-10-14 07:42 AM
    Company field exists in contacts. Are you saying it's missing from contacts or from phone?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-10-14 07:44 AM
    - hide folders/files
    - custom profiles
    I agree with the 2 above.
    I would also add individual database backup with link

as for "volume bumpers to change ring volume and even set the device to vibrate or silent"

Mine works this way. Need to turn off (always control media) setting

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-10-14 07:50 AM
    1. Emailing: - The ability to report spam/junk mail & Consolidated Email Inbox Option
    2. Email Preferences - things like, the ability to set html or plain text as standard viewing/composing options - on BB10 you have to do this manually for each email
    3. Convenience Keys
    4. Blackberry Protect - BB10 lacks the functionality of BBOS version
    5. BIS data compression. Huge cost difference while traveling.
    6. Speed of access to call button. It simply takes longer to make a call now.
    7. Copy/paste from anywhere, BB10 makes it very difficult - Hopefully resolved on 10.3 devices
    Mr4aces, acovey and limabo like this.
    09-10-14 07:57 AM
    Compatibility with Outlook. As already mentioned, sync my memos and tasks and so it with no problems. I have important stuff there. I don't want to put my data in the cloud, no matter how many other people think that's a better way to work. I want to connect my USB cord and sync everything.

I also miss being able to clear out the emails on my phone. I don't need or want my phone to be synced to my email. It gave me a nice warm feeling of being up-to-date when the email account on my phone was empty.

BIS. No everyone has unlimited data. Make the phone fit the customer instead of expecting the customer adjust to the phone!

I think it really comes down to having options to work the way I want to instead of the way some developer thinks I should. To me, Blackberry is trying too hard to be like the other smartphones. I feel like they need to choose between producing a product that appeals to people who see a smartphone as a tool or people who see a smartphone as an entertainment system that fits in their pocket.

Sumo
    09-10-14 07:59 AM
    I can list quite a few:

Here 3 of the ones I miss the most

1. Ability to save time adding a NEW CONTACT
    -------
    When looking for a contact typing the name of person, if the contact was not in the list, adding a new one immediately creates a new contact with the typed name in the name field. That was nice and saved time. That feature is gone in bb10

2. Showing NAME and PHONE NUMBER when dialing
    ------
    when calling someone bb7 showed the name and the phone number. BB10 shows only the name but not the phone number, it only shows the number when the calls connect. How dumb is that? I found it very usefull to show both the name and the number when trying to connect, that way you make sure your are calling the right number when the contact has several numbers listed. Another great feature missed and forgotten.

3. Easily adding WAITING and PAUSE codes un contact list
    ------
    BB7 offered in the contact list via the options menu the ability to easily add waiting codes and pause codes to a phone number. Eg: adding extension number when dialing as an automatic option to have in the screen. Or adding special dialpad codes to access phone systems.

The feature exists but you have to know how to do it.

I want to point out that one KB from Blackberry has errors in their explanation about how to add special character codes. (KB33789)

The right thing is:
    Comma = p for pause
    exclamation point (!)= w for wait

if you're in your phone contacts, you can also simply type "b" for wait and "n" for pause

BlackBerry forgot those useful commands not only in the OS10 but in their manuals, help videos, etc. Or please let me know where it is?

For BB7 oficial manuals talk about it and their OS had a shortcut to add wait and pause from the menu.

It seems like the development team of BB10 and their updates never used a BB7 phone.

Posted via CB10
    This is in the address book I see "wait " "pause"

What features from BBOS7.1 do you miss in BB10.3-img_20140910_080335.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 08:06 AM
    I think it really comes down to having options to work the way I want to instead of the way some developer thinks I should. To me, Blackberry is trying too hard to be like the other smartphones. I feel like they need to choose between producing a product that appeals to people who see a smartphone as a tool or people who see a smartphone as an entertainment system that fits in their pocket.

Sumo
    Totally agree. Between 2008-2012, the non business consumer did not have many expectations of smartphones and were more focused on a device with Facebook/Twitter access, as well as internet access that was better than WAP. These expectations have drastically changed as mobile media consumption grows. While the business consumers expectation has really not changed much, the focus more on speed, productivity and security.

So between 2008-2012 - Blackberry could meet both types of consumers expectations with the same device. I do not believe it can in this day and age. I feel a better differentiation of products catering for each is in order.

* Social media / Games centric devices / Fast Internet - Social Consumer
    * Productivity orientated - Business Consumers
    * Traditional Type of BBerry (Physical / Touch) - Business/Social Consumer
    Mr4aces and limabo like this.
    09-10-14 10:20 AM
    Although not software, one of the features I miss from my 8520 is UMA.
    I hope this makes a return in future devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 02:40 PM
    Just off the top of my head:

Individual LED colours for message types - I had different colours for each of my email accounts, Facebook notifications, etc. Having just the red light for everything is a real step back for me.

Similarly, being able to customize the vibrations (short, long, number, etc) on my Torch was handy for when I was on the go.

Notification sounds played through the external speaker when headphones are plugged in but media is paused. It's amazing how much I miss this. I often listen to music/podcasts during the work day, and during the times I have that paused, it'd be nice to be able to hear alert tones without having to pull out the headphones.

It's all minor things really, but the minor touches helped round out the experience.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 02:48 PM
    how about a contacts app that did not put in multiple contacts and not link other contacts to a contact that is so different.

did they fix this in 10.3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.199.10.100.200.396.696969696969 69696?
    09-10-14 02:49 PM
    Wow great list so far guys thank you.

Another thing to the list:

When you plug you'd phone into the computer, before it asked if you wanted to use USB Storage Mode or desktop manager.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 02:57 PM
    The ability to set a permanent bcc email address in the account setting so all emails sent from my phone were also sent to work computer.
    09-10-14 02:59 PM
189 123 ...