I own a z-10 which I love and want to install 10.3 I see references to this (STL2-3-4) and do not understand it. Can someone please explain?

As well, what is the easiest way to load a 10.3 OS if I can find it? I see the expression 'autoloader' often.

cheers
    10-13-14 10:36 PM
    They are different models of the Z10. Usually, OSes released for one model can be installed on any of these three, but not on the STL100-1, which is the black sheep different.

The easiest way to install an OS is OTA (over the air) push, which is when an OS gets pushed to you for download. But this requires an OS to be pushed to you. If you want do install OSes proactively, there is a tool called Sachesi which keeps track of official OSes released and usually allows you to do a non-destructive (i.e. one that doesn't require you to wipe your phone) download.

Autoloaders wipe your phone completely, and are therefore destructive updates.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    10-13-14 10:55 PM
    Thank you so much Raino! How do I determine which STL version of a Z10 I have? Where do I get the Sachesi tool?

cheers!
    10-14-14 11:19 AM
    Thank you so much Raino! How do I determine which STL version of a Z10 I have? Where do I get the Sachesi tool?
    Try typing 'myver' (without the quotes) in a text field. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Sachesi: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-957892/ (good thread to read through, especially the first post.)
    10-14-14 11:23 AM

cheers!
    Go to Settings > About.

Or install BlackBerry Virtual Expert from BlackBerry World.

The first thing it tells you is your phones' model.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:44 AM
    Usually, someone will posts a link to the list of differences in the STL versions, but I don't know it off-hand.

But, basically, the biggest difference is between the -1 and the other 3.

The -1 is a Texas Instruments (TI) based OMAP processor and related GPU. It does NOT have LTE capabilities, topping out at H+ speeds.

TI is also no longer in the mobile processor business, so they no longer provide any real updated support for their products. BlackBerry, though, at least provides updated OSs, but leaked OSs usually leave out the -1 as it requires special OS builds just for its processor.

The -2, 3 and 4 are all Qualcomm based Snapdragon processors and usually share the same OS. The only differences being the carrier frequencies for each model. The 2 and 3 are very close. The 4 adds CDMA support for Verizon.

There's more detail between them, but that's my quick and dirty breakdown.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:02 PM