Hi, I use a Q5. I want ask what do you think of extension of Whatsapp at June 2017.
    It was a move to try us to change phone?
    Okay to stop Nokia Symbian (missing from 2011), ok stop Iphone 3 and Windows 7, ok for BB OS, but not BB 10.
    The market in % of BB is ridicolus and niche compared with Android, but it's a young OS, stable, secure, and for WORK.
    At the end I think BB 10 will save in June 2017 and continue to work with Whatsapp.
    11-19-16 05:56 AM
    If the Whatsapp staff read the Crackberry forum for entertainment, that alone would be worth the reprieve.

Anyone who has seen/read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" should remember the part near the end where the murderer tells his captive (in so many words) 'you think by giving you a glass of water that I am capable of mercy. But I'm still going to kill you.'

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    11-19-16 06:12 AM
    Not sure. What to think or why the decided on the extension. Could it be that they have rolled out video calling and want to make a more attractive offer to snag more people when the do move? I mean when Whatsapp does make that decision it will be minimal number of BlackBerry users but the users will drop non the less.
    Are they concerned about BBM making a comeback and worried about rocking the boat? Is that even possible? Or are they worried about other communication platforms gaining their customers and we are not just talking BlackBerry people here, I mean the whole list of phones and OS'S they laid out to end support for, many of whom could download a different service one being BBM and continue on. So to say BB10 customers won't affect Whatsapp's bottom line that's not true if you consider all the various phones and platforms they are affecting in different countries.

I think they just put their feet a bit too close to the fire and pulled back to re-evaluate the situation. If the number is a larger number than predicted then how will advertisers view the decline? I do know some corporate people who don't get the latest company phones available and are given old or low end phones that are lagging behind two or three versions of android. Every ship has to go back to the ship yard one day and the drop in users could spark the question for their advertising customer base.

Just my take

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 07:46 AM