hello bb addicts
    i need to know a detailed explanation what is debrick and core files
    and when i need to install debrick or core ?!

sorry if that question is stupid from bb noob
    10-11-14 04:57 PM
    10-11-14 05:07 PM
    Basically the debrick file has the core os and apps but when sideloaded it will only update the core OS.

The core OS is just the core OS, so no apps will be updated.

To do a proper and complete update using Sachesi you need the debrick file, the core OS bar file and the radio bar file.

First you rename the debrick file by changing its extension to ".zip", then you unzip that folder, take out the ".signed" file inside of it. You then use Sachesi to extract all the app bar files from that ".signed" file, and you end up with a folder containing the app bar files.

Then you drag the core OS bar file, and the radio bar file, to the same folder.

Then you install that folder onto your device using Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    10-11-14 05:11 PM
    To do a proper and complete update using Sachesi you need the debrick file, the core OS bar file and the radio bar file.
    The above method is just a workaround if for some reason you cannot find a carrier that has whitelisted the update.

The best way to update with Sachesi is actually the Core OS + Radio + Apps

For example, click Search in Sachesi and you will see around 200 files. Download them all and install them all at the same time for optimal results.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    10-12-14 03:32 AM
    Make sure you load at least the debrick and OS file together. If not, your're up for an autoloader
    10-12-14 03:54 AM
    Make sure you load at least the debrick and OS file together. If not, your're up for an autoloader
    The debrick is an OS file. What do you mean?
    10-12-14 04:12 AM
    Only Debrick and Radio are needed. Why download the core OS again when you can use the one that included with Debrick.

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-12-14 04:14 AM
    deleted duplicate
    10-12-14 04:15 AM
    If you split a autoloader, where is the core OS? And how do you turn the radio into a .BAR file?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:50 AM
    If you split a autoloader, where is the core OS? And how do you turn the radio into a .BAR file?
    The core is called 'os' and you cannot turn a .signed file in to a .bar.
    10-12-14 05:12 AM
    The above method is just a workaround if for some reason you cannot find a carrier that has whitelisted the update.

The best way to update with Sachesi is actually the Core OS + Radio + Apps

For example, click Search in Sachesi and you will see around 200 files. Download them all and install them all at the same time for optimal results.
    Yeah for sure, that's the easiest way,... but lots of times leaks here are posted prior to them being available on production servers.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:48 AM
    The debrick is an OS file. What do you mean?
    I always thought so. However when I tried extracting bars from the debrick (signed) file, the resulting folder was missing the core OS bar. I was using an older version of Sachesi however.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:51 AM
    I always thought so. However when I tried extracting bars from the debrick (signed) file, the resulting folder was missing the core OS bar. I was using an older version of Sachesi however.
    You cannot turn a .signed in to a .bar.
    The debrick contains the .signed core OS which cannot be converted in to a .bar.
    However, as the debrick file is a .bar itself, you can sideload the debrick. This will have the same effect as sideloading the core.

So Debrick + Radio + apps will sideload fine in Sachesi as well.
    10-12-14 10:53 AM
    You cannot turn a .signed in to a .bar.
    The debrick contains the .signed core OS which cannot be converted in to a .bar.
    However, as the debrick file is a .bar itself, you can sideload the debrick. This will have the same effect as sideloading the core.

So Debrick + Radio + apps will sideload fine in Sachesi as well.
    I know you can't turn a ".signed into a ".bar, but if you rename the debrick bar to a zip file, you can get the ".signed file inside it and extract the app bars with your tool. However last time I tried this it didn't extract the core OS bar,.. is that normal?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:58 AM
    I know you can't turn a ".signed into a ".bar, but if you rename the debrick bar to a zip file, you can get the ".signed file inside it and extract the app bars with your tool. However last time I tried this it didn't extract the core OS bar,.. is that normal?
    There is no core OS bar in there. If you sideload the debrick bar, it acts as a core os bar.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-12-14 12:18 PM
    There is no core OS bar in there. If you sideload the debrick bar, it acts as a core os bar.
    Ah well,.. somehow extracting the apps from it and adding the core OS bar seems to work for me,.. probably duplicating some effort but I find it the easiest way, well... second easiest after just plugging in the codes into Sachesi, of course.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:25 PM