Maybe they should come out with a different model that's only difference is that it is a little thicker and heavier but has a much greater battery life.
    It would be interesting to see if that sold better than the thinner ones that have less battery capacity.
    12-18-12 09:35 AM
    Cost, both of the phone itself and of various monthly costs to use the full functionality of the phone. So if I can't use it to get my email through wi-fi because I need to have a BIS account even though I am not using BIS, then that would turn me off.
    I want a great phone but I don't like paying fees for things I don't need, like BIS, in my particular situation.
    Some people don't mind paying $60 or $80/month. Me, I want to pay as little as I need to to have a phone and use apps.
    Very true, but a new model will only cost RIM more. Frankly being a System Admin myself, I don't see why BIS is needed. RIM should just make the choice to have direct connections to their servers and then BES for business. We will have to see.
    12-18-12 09:47 AM
    One thing and one thing only (I hope RIM is paying attention): inability to easily access my family's Apple content.

I have an iPhone. My wife has an iPhone. I have an iPad. My daughter has an iPod Touch. I can live without having 5 billion apps (I only use around 10 regularly). I can live without Siri (more gimmick than useful). I need an easy way to make sure that when I purchase a song on my iPad or my wife purchases a song on her iPhone that I don't have to plug my phone into my computer like it's 2005 in order to sync my music.

My family will still purchase music from Apple products for the foreseeable future (just being honest). If Blackberry kicks **** and my wife and kids want one, then that equation may change, but not likely in the one/two-year lifespan of my phone. In the meantime, RIM needs to concede the content war to Apple for the time being and work to make Apple's content play nice (wirelessly sync) with Blackberries.
    12-18-12 06:20 PM
    One thing and one thing only (I hope RIM is paying attention): inability to easily access my family's Apple content.

I have an iPhone. My wife has an iPhone. I have an iPad. My daughter has an iPod Touch. I can live without having 5 billion apps (I only use around 10 regularly). I can live without Siri (more gimmick than useful). I need an easy way to make sure that when I purchase a song on my iPad or my wife purchases a song on her iPhone that I don't have to plug my phone into my computer like it's 2005 in order to sync my music.

My family will still purchase music from Apple products for the foreseeable future (just being honest). If Blackberry kicks **** and my wife and kids want one, then that equation may change, but not likely in the one/two-year lifespan of my phone. In the meantime, RIM needs to concede the content war to Apple for the time being and work to make Apple's content play nice (wirelessly sync) with Blackberries.
    You can do it now over WiFi if your BB has OS 6 or better;

Home � Help � Wi-Fi music sync � About Wi-Fi music sync
    About Wi-Fi music sync
    You can use Wi-Fi� music sync on your BlackBerry� smartphone to browse songs and playlists that are in your Windows Media� Player library or iTunes library on your computer. This feature isn't available for the BlackBerry� PlayBookTM tablet.

You can select songs and playlists that you want to download to your smartphone, and when your smartphone is within range of your Wi-Fi network or when you connect your smartphone to your computer with a USB cable, the songs and playlists are downloaded to your smartphone. You can also create and change playlists and synchronize these playlists from your smartphone to your computer.

Songs and playlists from your computer are integrated in the Music application on your smartphone. These songs appear dimmed if they have not yet been downloaded to your smartphone. Within the Music application on your smartphone, your Wi-Fi Music Sync list displays the status of your songs and playlists, such as pending or downloaded, as well as the status of your connection with the BlackBerry� Desktop Software.

Your smartphone can only be connected with one computer at a time when using Wi-Fi music sync
    12-19-12 02:29 AM
    Price, I usually go with the free low end phones with a service contract renewal and opt for a $40.00 unlimited talk and text. For having an L Series for $199 I would probably have to sign in to a $60.00 or more per month with data plan.
    12-19-12 06:25 AM
    There are plenty of things that could deter me (most listed in the thread). I don't buy any product until I have seen it in the wild for a bit. My phone contract is due for upgrade in June, so I will be able to watch how things go and decide what phone to upgrade to.

To add one concern to the lost for me. Hardware problems. I currently know 2 Blackberries owners out of my social and work circle, and they both have constant issues with their phones. My girlfriend has had to have hers replaces twice in 2 years, and now it's having issues again. She babies the phone and still runs into problems. So no, I don't judge all BB hardware by these experiences but it definitely makes me leery. I want to hear reports after people have used the new hardware for a few months.
    12-19-12 06:54 AM
    Maybe they should come out with a different model that's only difference is that it is a little thicker and heavier but has a much greater battery life.
    It would be interesting to see if that sold better than the thinner ones that have less battery capacity.
    A better approach would probably be to sell an official extended battery in a pack with an updated back panel that still allowed the use of nfc, it would supply the needs of those who wanted that without requiring a lot of additional stock to be held by carriers.
    vpblaze likes this.
    12-19-12 08:30 AM
    To add one concern to the lost for me. Hardware problems. I currently know 2 Blackberries owners out of my social and work circle, and they both have constant issues with their phones. My girlfriend has had to have hers replaces twice in 2 years, and now it's having issues again. She babies the phone and still runs into problems. So no, I don't judge all BB hardware by these experiences but it definitely makes me leery. I want to hear reports after people have used the new hardware for a few months.
    When there are millions of a particular hardware out there then it is inevitable that there will be reports of problems, just look at all the screen discolouration reports there were after the ip5 launch.
    12-19-12 08:32 AM
    If the Mayans were right....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 09:38 AM
    Aliens, end of the world, United States goes to war against Canada.
    12-19-12 12:02 PM
    When there are millions of a particular hardware out there then it is inevitable that there will be reports of problems, just look at all the screen discolouration reports there were after the ip5 launch.
    I clearly stated these are my own experiences. I don't personally know anyone who has had iPhone issues. Mine has been through **** at work and has never had an issue. I haven't even restarted in 6 months. Again, my experiences with my phone and with other people I know. Not saying there are no issues, just that experiences from friends/colleagues opinions are all I have to go by.

The 2 people I know with Blackberry's have non-stop issues with the hardware. I know 3 other people who switched from Blackberry a year ago stating they had similar issues. This is not some scientific poll. Just what I see in my social and work circle. Watching your girlfriend go through 3 phones in 2 years, not due to misuse, makes you wonder a bit. This does not make me think Blackberry's are horrible. It just makes me a little leery, and makes me want to wait few months after the completely new hardware comes out to decide. Which is the same thing I did with my iPhone back when I got. I actually am leaning towards the Blackberry for my new phone. But, I am not going to buy it simply because it's new and because it's BB10.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 12-20-12 at 02:56 PM.
    12-19-12 01:04 PM
136 ... 456