If the BB10 launch turns out to be a letdown... that might kill the enthusiasm for me. I'm anticipating that they still have some exciting things to showcase and I'm hoping we haven't seen all the good stuff yet.
    12-08-12 06:50 PM
    NOTHING!!! Been exclusive with BB since I got my first one been with BB for years I aint going anywhere.
    12-08-12 07:12 PM
    The only thing that could possibly deter me would be if the Myans were right.
    Plazmic Flame, pmccartney and aha like this.
    12-08-12 07:42 PM
    -Crashy, buggy OS
    -Swipe/gesture does not work well
    -RIM going out of business
    -Poor battery life
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 12-09-12 at 05:12 AM.
    z1nsane and Syrous44 like this.
    12-08-12 07:44 PM
    I'll be going to BB10 but I will be delaying my move to it because of enterprise service. I've been a user of BB Enterprise Service for years and senior tech support at RIM has repeatedly told me that there will be a considerable lag time -- perhaps as much as 6-12 months -- after the launch of BB10 phones until we see the proper, full, reliable integration of the BB10 server with the major Microsoft Exchange hosting providers. I'm with one of the two largest and it seems it will inevitably be quite a long time after the first BB10 phones come out before the server-side support for enterprise usage will be there.

During the interim, one would have to use Active Sync to sync their Outlook desktop contents with the phone -- and the senior techs at RIM agree with me that this will be a substantially compromised scenario making it desirable to stay with my OS7 phone until it's all been rolled out and implemented in full.
    12-08-12 08:08 PM
    If the apps I currently use on my BlackBerry are not available on the new OS
    scott.slater likes this.
    12-08-12 08:50 PM
    1. Poor battery life

That's about it. In these days of insanely thin devices, I hate that it's come at a cost of battery life. If we went back just 5 years (size wise) with the tech we have today, you can have some amazing results.
    peter9477 and bodjor like this.
    12-08-12 09:15 PM
    -Unstable OS (crashes, lockups).
    -Non fluid operation (stutters etc)
    -An execrable browser (see my PlayBook for an example).
    -Missing functionality (eg banking apps, Skype).
    -Poor battery life.
    -Poor build quality.

I don't know whether to admire the loyalty or question the wisdom of those that say they will get a BB10 phone no matter what.
    12-08-12 11:32 PM
    A lack of track pad
    joseanmx and Esgetn2hoT like this.
    12-08-12 11:55 PM
    If I have to get a separate BIS plan. There should be no need for it if BB10 is using Activesync like they say they are.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-09-12 12:04 AM
    A lack of track pad
    Prepare to be amazingly disappointed.
    12-09-12 12:11 AM
    Device brick
    Poor battery life
    Bad wifi
    Speaker volume too low
    OS Instability
    Lack of smooth device switch experience
    Lack of password manager
    12-09-12 02:20 AM
    Huh? I can put music on my bb, iPad, playbook, iPhone, iPod, galaxy nexus, a blank cd and a sd memory card. I'm not sure what you mean by me not owning the music.
    That sounds about right. I think the limit is 5 computers max, which leaves room for 5 more devices (max 10 total).
    When I die, I am not allowed to give my iTunes library to my son. Screw that. Remember when you could buy an album or a CD and give it away if you wanted? Not iTunes.
    12-09-12 02:29 AM
    Lots of bugs
    Spotty navigation and maps
    Laggy performance
    Mediocre battery life
    No car dock
    Iphone5/sg3 price tag
    Lack of delivery on promised healthy app selection
    Lousy music player
    12-09-12 03:15 AM
    That sounds about right. I think the limit is 5 computers max, which leaves room for 5 more devices (max 10 total).
    When I die, I am not allowed to give my iTunes library to my son. Screw that. Remember when you could buy an album or a CD and give it away if you wanted? Not iTunes.
    With the home share feature you can have 5 separate computers PLUS as many as is authorized on your home network. My wife has a huge iTunes library. I can share it, and not have to store it all..
    12-09-12 03:25 AM
    The lack of a trackpad, I've owned a Playbook for a couple months and can't stand trying to click on microscopical links, or scrolling on calendar time/date entries. Drives me crazy.
    12-09-12 03:40 AM
    The only thing that could possibly deter me would be if the Myans were right.
    I'm sure you meant the Mayans. But neither them nor the experts on Mayan culture have anything to do with any "end of the world prophesy", that's just another farse to keep the public "afraid" of something.
    lord of the flies likes this.
    12-09-12 03:46 AM
    We all know of BB10, and we are all excited for it. But what could possibly deter you from purchasing a new BB10 device? For me, it would be lack of new music avaliable in Blackberry World, as I believe its called. Most artists see iTunes as the major digital music store, with Google Play as a distant second. Since Blackberry is seen as an "ancient" phone, I think most artists will be hesitant to allow their songs to be avaliable to be purchased on BB10 devices. But what would be your dealbreaker?
    Finding out they're going to release a quad core version of bb10 with 2gb RAM code named Aristo just a few months after everyone already bought the London would be a ***** move that would deter me not only from bb10, but BlackBerry period.
    12-09-12 04:46 AM
    no Flash player support, as my playbook has it and it is vital to watch tv catchup and radio services in UK,
    must have good 3G/ wi-fi reception/battery life, playbook has been brilliant if BB10 phone is as good then it should be a winner.
    12-09-12 05:08 AM
    Not seeing the L series in February would be my deal breaker.(Maybe)
    #BB10BELIEVE
    12-09-12 05:50 AM
    My company which is with Verizon and we rely on PTT for individuals as well as groups. No PTT application will definitely deter us from upgrading to BB10.
    12-09-12 07:14 AM
    iTunes music is DRM free. You can put it on as many devices as you want. Would you stop being so dramatic and spreading misinformation?
    12-09-12 07:37 AM
    Finding out they're going to release a quad core version of bb10 with 2gb RAM code named Aristo just a few months after everyone already bought the London would be a ***** move that would deter me not only from bb10, but BlackBerry period.
    Sounds like you are looking for excuses not to go BlackBerry anyway. You are not going to have a lot of choices if you hold other phone companies to these same standards.
    pantlesspenguin and Cesare21 like this.
    12-09-12 08:20 AM
    Sorry if I expect a lot as a consumer. I think people are too accepting and forgiving of companies.
    12-09-12 08:49 AM
    ...I don't know whether to admire the loyalty or question the wisdom of those that say they will get a BB10 phone no matter what.
    Maybe it is best you don't worry about it at all. Allow people to have their preferences and opinions and enjoy them while you have and enjoy yours. To identify those that will buy the device regardless as either "loyal" or unwise (wisdom) is WRONG. Some will buy the decive because they like tech and want to have all the toys or maybe even maximize their productivity to give them an edge.

After all, being "accepting" makes Crackberry a better place anyway.
    sleepngbear, raino and Cesare21 like this.
    12-09-12 09:11 AM
136 1234 ...