who do we bill for long distance calls ?
    The guy on the other end of the call.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 02-29-16 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Removed offensive material
    02-29-16 03:18 PM
    Talk on the phone? How do you do that? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I find this amusing. I have significant difficulty using my Classic as a phone. If I touch the phone against my cheek then I wind up muting the phone call - I did it the last time I was on a voice call. So, I wind up holding the phone at a 45 degree angle away from my ear.
    02-29-16 03:18 PM
    Actually, I find this amusing. I have significant difficulty using my Classic as a phone. If I touch the phone against my cheek then I wind up muting the phone call - I did it the last time I was on a voice call. So, I wind up holding the phone at a 45 degree angle away from my ear.
    this happens to me sometimes with my classic or passport. cheek ends a call or mutes a call. i angle it away from my face too...but it keeps the phone and my face cleaner, so it's the way i'd talk on the phone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 07:04 PM
    The phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:12 PM
    "Don't hold it that way"

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-29-16 11:07 PM
    who do we bill for long distance calls ?
    Who still gets long distance charges?

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:30 PM
    I don't think whatsapp will do that, they might take away support from OS7 but not bb10

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:44 PM
    Since 2003. I strayed towards the Treo for a short time, but have stuck with BB since then. This announcement re: Whatsapp may be the straw the breaks the camel's back. Let me explain why before I get slings and arrows pointed pointed towards me. I have a Z10. Love it. Bought a Playbook years ago and still love it. Lately I've to pull my battery quite a bit, so thoughts of replacing it have started. My wife (Samsung), daughter (iPhone) and siblings (various iPhone and Android phones) have tried and tried to turn me into one of them. I've resisted relying on my BB's functionality, security and yes, even the products!

I recently asked my local cell phone company if or when the Priv will be coming in... You could almost hear the crickets chirping! Blank stares, mouth open cannot adequately describe the reaction of the sales rep. Marketing and lack of apps has always been BB's problem and despite the corporation's positive face, spin and words, everyone I know thinks BB went the way of the dodo bird and the stone wheel. I read a recent article about BBs in the movies and TV shows. The author was really excited writing the story. I almost got caught up in it and almost shared it. But in the end, I decided I did not want to once again open up myself to the predictable disparagement and opprobrium reserved for fans of perennial cellar dwellers who year after year lament, "Wait till next year...."

Frankly, the only people who notice those things are BB users! Product placement works if people recognize the product. If a box of Wheaties goes by on the big screen, people will say, "Hey, that's a box of Wheaties." Will they buy a box of Wheaties? That's debatable. But they say that because they recognize that box!

No one watching a spy thriller on the big screen will say to themselves, "What phone is he using?" or "It doesn't look like my LG or iPhone!" I can guarantee you though that if the BB label were on the screen long enough for anyone to recognize and read it, they would say, "That's a BB? That's still around?" And that would be the end of that.

Getting back to the subject of Whatsapp and BB10, I would love to get a Priv, but after this announcement, who will be next? Sure, we have BBM and in many ways is far superior to Whatsapp. And sideloading and using the Amazon App Store are viable solutions, we can't live like that, still hiding in the shadows. I know BBM was made available to the other platforms a while back, but I'd like to know what the stats are on that move. Most basically, how many non-BB users have accepted BBM as their alternative or primary file, text, video, voice, emoji communicator? I can honestly say that each and every one of those individuals and groups with whom I communicate using Whatsapp will not accept BBM. It's a sure bet there are heavier users with BBs out there than myself that will have or have had that problem. It's a problem with inertia. BB, over the last couple years, tried to overcome the inertia imposed upon it by iPhone and now Samsung and LG. We users saw BB move a bit, but that was it. BB needs to push back with equal or greater force to reverse being pushed off the cliff.

Long story short: Unless, someone can convince me the light in the tunnel is just around the corner, that miracles will happen and that BB will recapture the glory and the market share (or at least have a real share in the market) it once had, I don't want to be the last one standing with a BB in my hand and no one to whom to send texts, pictures, videos or emojis!

Long-suffering, long-derided loyal BB user.
    03-01-16 12:14 AM
    I liked Viber, but it kept crashing on me.

Kik was pretty sad, with very few options, at least for OS7.1 (but even for ios)

BBM is great but I cannot convince my Android/Iphone buddies to touch it.

Line isnt bad but again I dont think they had voice clips, or was that Kik?

Ya I'm going to MISS Whatsapp. I use it 1.5 hours a day on average and it is my most reliable app.

Its not like Facebook doesnt have enough $ to keep it running. It is already built for the OS, and millions are reliant on it in other countries like my Indonesian friends where in some cases there is such a weak signal and barely calling abilities abd BBM is their only form of communication because they literally have something like 10,000 islands and they have to carry 3 phones at times because the companies supposedly dont have roaming abilities. But they need Whatsapp also.

This sucks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-01-16 at 12:59 AM.
    03-01-16 12:30 AM
    I don't think whatsapp will do that, they might take away support from OS7 but not bb10

Posted via CB10
    the BBC Tech article last night said it is going to be completely killed for BB10 and it will no longer function. this applies to all Blackberries from what I gather.

JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-16 12:31 AM
    the BBC Tech article last night said it is going to be completely killed for BB10 and it will no longer function. this applies to all Blackberries from what I gather.

Yes, WA's press release specifically mentioned BB10 as being affected by this. Presumably to stop speculation before it started that only elderly BBOS was impacted.
    03-01-16 01:34 AM
    what can you do beside of WA?

well use BBM instead, spread the word of BBM and get your "mainstream friends" to turn and make use of BBM instead.
    Actually that way you would actively supporting Blackberry instead of this Zuckerboy, preventing of being sold to multi-billion companies because of your habits of using the web and your data trails.
    How about that?

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-01-16 04:11 AM
    03-01-16 05:52 AM
38 12